Post Reply Shield Android tv
kaill 
21023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/16
So first off thank you for a native app for android TV.
Now to the issue at hand I experience constant buffering with the crunchy roll app for shield tv. Netflix 4k videos has no issues streaming, 4k you tube does just fine. I went to speed test.net to make sure I'm getting my full speeds and I hit 149 down (wired Ethernet). I have rebooted my modem and my router to no avail Crunchyroll just keeps buffering is anyone else experiencing this on the new android TV app.
stewie 
1008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/14/16 , edited 2/14/16
I realize this post is a few days old but I'm having the same buffering problem too. I'm also running the app on a Shield TV. On top of that there are times when the video and audio go out of sync. In those cases, the video will freeze briefly then a second or so of audio will repeat. After that everything stays out of sync until I skip back to some previous point in the episode and play again.
58664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 2/14/16

stewie wrote:

I realize this post is a few days old but I'm having the same buffering problem too. I'm also running the app on a Shield TV. On top of that there are times when the video and audio go out of sync. In those cases, the video will freeze briefly then a second or so of audio will repeat. After that everything stays out of sync until I skip back to some previous point in the episode and play again.


The engineers are apparently working on figuring out what is wrong with the app on Shield TV, which is not a standard Android TV device.
kaill 
21023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
Good to know that I'm not the only one having these issues and that is awesome that they are looking into it
kaill 
21023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

kaill wrote:

So first off thank you for a native app for android TV.
Now to the issue at hand I experience constant buffering with the crunchy roll app for shield tv. Netflix 4k videos has no issues streaming, 4k you tube does just fine. I went to speed test.net to make sure I'm getting my full speeds and I hit 149 down (wired Ethernet). I have rebooted my modem and my router to no avail Crunchyroll just keeps buffering is anyone else experiencing this on the new android TV app.



Phone Model: Nvidia Shield Android TV
Streaming Via: (3g, 4g, Wi Fi) Ethernet
Service Provider: Comcast(Xfinity)
Android OS: 6.0 Marshmallow
App Version: 1.0.28
kaill 
21023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/16
So now it is doing weirder things the video will freeze and the sound will keep going, or the freezes and the sound will loop back 30 seconds to a min.
topgee 
2092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

kaill wrote:

So now it is doing weirder things the video will freeze and the sound will keep going, or the freezes and the sound will loop back 30 seconds to a min.


I can confirm exactly the same behaviour on the Nexus Player, so it's the app rather than the Shield that's the problem.
kaill 
21023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

topgee wrote:


kaill wrote:

So now it is doing weirder things the video will freeze and the sound will keep going, or the freezes and the sound will loop back 30 seconds to a min.


I can confirm exactly the same behaviour on the Nexus Player, so it's the app rather than the Shield that's the problem.


glad to know it is not just the shield
You must be logged in to post.