First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply So, this happened at work today.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 2/11/16

KennyNitro wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:

This is an event? I feel old saying this, but what's the big deal exactly? This is a major issue or something? This is worth slapping someone over? Really? He said his car wouldn't make it? Maybe he didn't want to travel that far to get a game. I don't blame him really. I guess I don't get the problem here.

If this customer threw a tantrum, and had to be escorted out of the store, than I would have laughed, but this is nothing. This happens everyday. Wow... I don't get it.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were forced to open this thread.


Clearly I didn't realize this was such a traumatic experience for you! Geesh, if this guy used upset words against you, you probably wouldn't have been able to bravely come forth and tell us your story.
5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

AlienNineFan wrote:


KennyNitro wrote:


AlienNineFan wrote:

This is an event? I feel old saying this, but what's the big deal exactly? This is a major issue or something? This is worth slapping someone over? Really? He said his car wouldn't make it? Maybe he didn't want to travel that far to get a game. I don't blame him really. I guess I don't get the problem here.

If this customer threw a tantrum, and had to be escorted out of the store, than I would have laughed, but this is nothing. This happens everyday. Wow... I don't get it.

Sorry. I didn't realize you were forced to open this thread.


Clearly I didn't realize this was such a traumatic experience for you! Geesh, if this guy used upset words against you, you probably wouldn't have been able to bravely come forth and tell us your story.

Clearly I didn't realize general discussion was meant to share traumatizing stories, and that simple speculation was not allowed.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 2/11/16

KennyNitro wrote:


SylveonLuna wrote:

This guy could easily be meaning he doesn't have gas to get there or something

I don't think he has a broken car...

Did you miss the part where I said the other store was 20 minutes away. That's about 15 miles. For most vehicles that's less than a gallon of gas. The average price of gas around here at the moment is $1.49 a gallon.


How do you know his car was broken? Has it ever crossed your mind that the guy might not have wanted to drive fifteen miles for a game? Some people can only see the world one way, and it never crosses their minds that some people operate differently than others. Like some people will only buy their games online, while others travel to a store to buy them. Some people pre-order, while others would never entertain the idea of doing that.

Some people like to travel to one store, and not go fifteen miles out of their way to find a game, that they could easily buy at a store that 's close to them. All the guy has to do is wait, and eventually your store will get it back in stock, right?

So no, this isn't an issue.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 2/11/16


Sorry, but at this point I have no idea what you're talking about.
5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

AlienNineFan wrote:


KennyNitro wrote:


SylveonLuna wrote:

This guy could easily be meaning he doesn't have gas to get there or something

I don't think he has a broken car...

Did you miss the part where I said the other store was 20 minutes away. That's about 15 miles. For most vehicles that's less than a gallon of gas. The average price of gas around here at the moment is $1.49 a gallon.


How do you know his car was broken? Has it ever crossed your mind that the guy might not have wanted to drive fifteen miles for a game? Some people can only see the world one way, and it never crosses their minds that some people operate differently than others. Like some people will only buy their games online, while others travel to a store to buy them. Some people pre-order, while others would never entertain the idea of doing that.

Some people like to travel to one store, and not go fifteen miles out of their way to find a game, that they could easily buy at a store that 's close to them. All the guy has to do is wait, and eventually your store will get it back in stock, right?

So no, this isn't an issue.

Sorry my harmless speculation has angered you so much. Please, report me to the proper authorities.
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 2/11/16


Lol! Anger me? Nah, you'd really have to do something stupid to tick me off. I just found this whole thing amusing. I mean the title of your post made it sound like this was a huge deal, and than it was nothing more than a harmless little conversation. I just find it funny. I've dealt with a-hole customers before. I had a preacher once threaten to kick my ass! I had customers who refused to get out of my isle, because they felt like I didn't smile at them enough.

I just found it silly that this stuck with you all day long, but I guess things effect people differently. Maybe this really did bother you, I don't know.

5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

AlienNineFan wrote:

Lol! Anger me? Nah, you'd really have to do something stupid to tick me off. I just found this whole thing amusing. I mean the title of your post made it sound like this was a huge deal, and than it was nothing more than a harmless little conversation. I just find it funny. I've dealt with a-hole customers before. I had a preacher once threaten to kick my ass! I had customers who refused to get out of my isle, because they felt like I didn't smile at them enough.

I just found it silly that this stuck with you all day long, but I guess things effect people differently. Maybe this really did bother you, I don't know.


Nope. Just making fun of white trash is all.

17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

KennyNitro wrote:

A customer comes in and starts asking about a PS4; specifically the Star Wars: Battlefront edition one. (I'm going to paraphrase the shit outta this.)

Me: "We sold out of those a few days ago, but you could probably order one from our online store."

Customer: "Well I already bought that new Naruto game, and I really don't want to have to wait."

Me: "Well I could call the store in Corinth (a city literally 20 minutes from my store) and ask if they have any in stock."

Customer: "See, I don't know if my car will make it that far."

Priorities. This guy has 'em.


lol. i once had a car with no clutch attachement. you had to push the car so the nose was down hill, then bypass the clutch cutout switch, and start the car in gear and speed shift the hell of it.

once made a 1 hour trip with no radiator fan. it was cold and most of it was highway.

once had a car that would die and stay dead for hours if you reved pass 4.5k. also had to kick the dash for the lights to come on. same car that burned up the alternator requiring constant charging of the battery and a volt meter hooked up to see if youd make it to the store.

once drove a work truck that had alignment so bad one wheel was pointing to the left and the other was straight.

once had to pop start a car by puling it with another car. all went well till we hit a patch of ice. the tow car went off the road to the right, and i went off the road to the left. thankfully, the rope kept both of us on the road. twas a 10 foot drop on either side.
5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 2/11/16

nemoskull wrote:

lol. i once had a car with no clutch attachement. you had to push the car so the nose was down hill, then bypass the clutch cutout switch, and start the car in gear and speed shift the hell of it.

once made a 1 hour trip with no radiator fan. it was cold and most of it was highway.

once had a car that would die and stay dead for hours if you reved pass 4.5k. also had to kick the dash for the lights to come on. same car that burned up the alternator requiring constant charging of the battery and a volt meter hooked up to see if youd make it to the store.

once drove a work truck that had alignment so bad one wheel was pointing to the left and the other was straight.

once had to pop start a car by puling it with another car. all went well till we hit a patch of ice. the tow car went off the road to the right, and i went off the road to the left. thankfully, the rope kept both of us on the road. twas a 10 foot drop on either side.

My first car was a 94 model Cavalier. Neither the park, nor neutral in it worked. If I took my foot off the brake it moved one way, or the other. I saved for two months, plus used my tax return to replace the transmission in it.

Posted 2/12/16 , edited 2/12/16


You know video games come first.
Posted 2/12/16 , edited 2/12/16

KennyNitro wrote:


SylveonLuna wrote:

This guy could easily be meaning he doesn't have gas to get there or something

I don't think he has a broken car...

Did you miss the part where I said the other store was 20 minutes away. That's about 15 miles. For most vehicles that's less than a gallon of gas. The average price of gas around here at the moment is $1.49 a gallon.


Well maybe they are just making excuses who knows.

Main point of the story is that they don't get a ps4 the end right?
Posted 2/12/16

nyuboom wrote:



You know video games come first.


^
5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 2/12/16

SylveonLuna wrote:


KennyNitro wrote:


SylveonLuna wrote:

This guy could easily be meaning he doesn't have gas to get there or something

I don't think he has a broken car...

Did you miss the part where I said the other store was 20 minutes away. That's about 15 miles. For most vehicles that's less than a gallon of gas. The average price of gas around here at the moment is $1.49 a gallon.


Well maybe they are just making excuses who knows.

Main point of the story is that they don't get a ps4 the end right?

He got one, plus he spent about two hundred more on accessories, and other games.
Posted 2/12/16



Well then.

All I have to say to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHcQVAiDI18
9039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Iowa
Offline
Posted 2/12/16
If he was a naruto fan then he's dealt with enough filler for one life time. Patients he has none
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.