First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Michigan Senate Proposes Bill to make homosexual acts a felony
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

biscuitnote wrote:


Shishiku wrote:

So Michigan's Senate Republicans proposed a bill this month to make sodomy a felony of up to 15 years. On top of the already existing state ban on sodomy (THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT - Act 328 of 1931) Like seriously? Can someone get the right wing evangelicals under control so we can all live in the same reality lol? I get it though, the boomer generation and their offspring...the average age of a senator is 60 (the oldest ever) and the average age of a member of the House is 55 (the oldest in more than a century) - I need these people to accept reality that "sodomy" is normal & is happening without your consent thanks to Federal mandates *Rant over*


Page 20/21 for the applicable literature. http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/billengrossed/Senate/pdf/2015-SEBS-0219.pdf


Good we need to purge the undesirables from our nation.


That was how Michigan got so many dutch and german immigrants. Many Calvinists and Lutherans fled the Netherlands and Germany from the religious strife at the time. Their descendants were the ones who put up this law with it's poor writing. Many of those Dutch were originally destined for South Africa, but the Boer Wars broke out with Britain.
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16
Michigan: Our public schools may be rat infested hovels without heat, but by god we ain't gonna let no one's wieners touch.
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

runec wrote:

Michigan: Our public schools may be rat infested hovels without heat, but by god we ain't gonna let no one's wieners touch.


And contaminated water...

16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16
That's pointlessly excessive. Doesn't Michigan have enough crime to worry about in detroit?
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:
And contaminated water...


Lead poisoning an entire generation of children just isn't as critical a problem as the possibly of the balls touching.
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

runec wrote:


HuastecoOtaku wrote:
And contaminated water...


Lead poisoning an entire generation of children just isn't as critical a problem as the possibly of the balls touching.


Think about the children! If they see two dudes kissing each other they might want to marry their pets! The sanctity of marriage! !
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:
Think about the children! If they see two dudes kissing each other they might want to marry their pets! The sanctity of marriage! !


22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

Shishiku wrote:

It isn't a dog fighting bill if you actually read the thing in entirety....which no one apparently bothers to do. It covers a host of issues related to animals and the specific part I mention is included in the beastiality portion at the end. Pages 20 & 21 Section 158.

& no...they intentionally did not mark out the work humankind in the document when they were redlining it. Downplay it all you want though lol, when anyone is editing a document for modern revision you do not go, eh let's leave the mankind part alongside animals. - but i do understand where you are coming from, and perhaps some did feel that way.

GOP Senator Rick Jones, one of the sponsors of SB219, said that the language referring to "crimes against nature" was purposefully left intact in order to give the bill a chance to pass through the senate: - That is what is sad. It shouldn't have to be purposefully left intact in order to have a chance to pass, why would it not pass for what is obviously the right and reasonable thing to do?

Sec. 158. (1) Any A person who shall commit COMMITS the
24 abominable and detestable crime against nature either with mankind
25 or with any animal shall be IS guilty of a felony , punishable by
26 imprisonment in the state prison FOR not more than 15 years, or if
27 such person THE DEFENDANT was A SEXUALLY DELINQUENT PERSON at the time of the said offense, a sexually delinquent person, may be A
2 FELONY punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for an
3 indeterminate term, the minimum of which shall be 1 day and the
4 maximum of which shall be life.

Again, it's pointless because the Supreme Court makes it unconstitutional, they recognize that and just decided to avoid any frivolous debate on the matter of language and revising all the other shit they haven't bothered with in previous ones. It's just laziness. That's literally all this is.

They just wanted it quickly passed. End of story. It can't be enforced.

42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


Again, it's pointless because the Supreme Court makes it unconstitutional, they recognize that and just decided to avoid any frivolous debate on the matter of language and revising all the other shit they haven't bothered with in previous ones. It's just laziness. That's literally all this is.

They just wanted it quickly passed. End of story. It can't be enforced.



You mean the Supreme Court which will end up being a pair of loaded political dice for whichever side wins the presidency?
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 2/15/16

mlchanges wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


Again, it's pointless because the Supreme Court makes it unconstitutional, they recognize that and just decided to avoid any frivolous debate on the matter of language and revising all the other shit they haven't bothered with in previous ones. It's just laziness. That's literally all this is.

They just wanted it quickly passed. End of story. It can't be enforced.



You mean the Supreme Court which will end up being a pair of loaded political dice for whichever side wins the presidency?


Pretty much, I mean it's possible they're just that stupid, but it's also likely they are creating a dormant unenforceable law when they have the chance, and wait for some lunatics to try and overturn the Supreme Court decision on homosexual marriage to quickly bring it into effect.. maybe I'm giving them way too much credit here.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/16

mlchanges wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


Again, it's pointless because the Supreme Court makes it unconstitutional, they recognize that and just decided to avoid any frivolous debate on the matter of language and revising all the other shit they haven't bothered with in previous ones. It's just laziness. That's literally all this is.

They just wanted it quickly passed. End of story. It can't be enforced.



You mean the Supreme Court which will end up being a pair of loaded political dice for whichever side wins the presidency?


No, it's already a done deal and coded into law older than most of the posters on the forum.

Posted 2/15/16
It's so typical of people to misuse their power in order to force people to change. At the same time, they promote justice but they really don't know what they're saying.
9738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Around
Offline
Posted 2/15/16 , edited 2/15/16
Homosexuality is illegal in a lot of state but not enforced like it is in Alabama.
37443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/15/16
You go, Michigan!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.