First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply No More Anime To Watch? Suggestions Please!
42634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

centilliondatabase wrote:
Show me your list please really appreciate it I am sure I'll find something I didn't watch especially if you got 100+ anime on your list.


If you want to look, here's mine.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/asharka/anime/watched

You should scroll to the bottom first and set the number per page to 500, though. Don't mind the ratings, I only rate anything with three values (good, meh, bad). Also, I got bored with doing ratings, so just because something wasn't rated, it doesn't really mean anything.
5432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Dirt land
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
Black Butler
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16
I've seen Perfect Blue. :p


centilliondatabase wrote:
Watching it right now (episode 17 or 18) waiting for next weeks episode.
Btw crunchyroll is 1 week behind due to copyright constrictions or whatever, so you can watch next weeks episode somewhere else.



I watch MSG:IBO on Hulu for exactly that reason.

How about Young Black Jack? it's not about war exactly but The Vietnam War is involved in the story.

Also: I assume you've seen Hellsing Ultimate but if you haven't do that.
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16

Nasirei wrote:

I'm really wishing you aren't a troll...

It's hard to imagine you've seen everything mentioned here.... well at least Perfect Blue was an exception.

Not really i pretty much have the same issue as him approaching 1.2k watched.
If it's talked about/not like the norm or popular chances are i have seen it. And like everything on here matches that description.

Most people that approach this number have caught up with what's popular such as on MALS top 100+ while keeping up with currently airing.
Anime that's been broadcasted on tv or streamed on funimation/cr/hulu has most likely been seen as well.

However myself i'm still playing catch up in that regard and i have more been caught up on later years of the season.

I know a guy that's approaching over 2.2k watched and he's honestly as desperate as this guy is looking for something.

I'm ashamed i still need to watch stuff like the Leiji saga which would be Yamato/Captain Harlock/every adaptation and everything that ties in with galaxy express etc.
Saint Seiya, legend of the galactic heroes, Slayers and such are things i should have watched by now.
5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

Nasirei wrote:

Searching on youtube and mal is the best thing for you. i recommend you to open a mal list to track your anime.

I'm going to risk myself by saying this....

Arslan no Senki? (getting second season btw)

Kingdom?

Shingeki no Bahamut?


Oh god, I never imagined myself to recommend anime I've dropped/never seen.... how many anime have you watched approximately?



Watched all those and waiting for season two for Arslan no senki
I've started watching anime when I was around 6-8 normally, but after going into high school I've watched an extreme amount of episodes per day. In class I used to watch 1-2 anime episodes using my samsung phone while the instructor is teaching, while eating, in bathroom, etc.


Safe to say I've watched more than 4000-8000 hrs worth of anime (dunno my best estimate).

When my parents traveled on 9th grade and it was summer holiday me and my cousin watched anime 12 hrs+ / day for 45-48 days.



When I was young and before knowing about crunchyroll and other sites I used to write anime list on a notepad on my windows xp

It was something like [Watch Naruto Episode 7 -next week]. My computer got formatted due to having viruses and stuff, so I lost that list.

I remember posting a huge list on the forums once, but can't seem to find it.



I am sure I'll find something to watch as I have posted threads similar to this and people surprise me with anime I have never heard of.




5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

Nasirei wrote:

I'm really wishing you aren't a troll...

It's hard to imagine you've seen everything mentioned here.... well at least Perfect Blue was an exception.


Check my post history.
Every few months I ask for anime to watch.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-881745/no-more-anime-left



100% not trolling here.
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

centilliondatabase wrote:
Check my post history.
Every few months I ask for anime to watch.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-881745/no-more-anime-left

100% not trolling here.

I was defending you but since you skipped my post i'm wondering.

5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

asharka wrote:


centilliondatabase wrote:
Show me your list please really appreciate it I am sure I'll find something I didn't watch especially if you got 100+ anime on your list.


If you want to look, here's mine.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/asharka/anime/watched

You should scroll to the bottom first and set the number per page to 500, though. Don't mind the ratings, I only rate anything with three values (good, meh, bad). Also, I got bored with doing ratings, so just because something wasn't rated, it doesn't really mean anything.




Tyvm will look at all and will keep this book marked.
It's 18 pages so I am sure I'll find 1-4 anime I didn't watch.
5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

fluffykun011 wrote:


Nasirei wrote:

I'm really wishing you aren't a troll...

It's hard to imagine you've seen everything mentioned here.... well at least Perfect Blue was an exception.

Not really i pretty much have the same issue as him approaching 1.2k watched.
If it's talked about/not like the norm or popular chances are i have seen it. And like everything on here matches that description.

Most people that approach this number have caught up with what's popular such as on MALS top 100+ while keeping up with currently airing.
Anime that's been broadcasted on tv or streamed on funimation/cr/hulu has most likely been seen as well.

However myself i'm still playing catch up in that regard and i have more been caught up on later years of the season.

I know a guy that's approaching over 2.2k watched and he's honestly as desperate as this guy is looking for something.

I'm ashamed i still need to watch stuff like the Leiji saga which would be Yamato/Captain Harlock/every adaptation and everything that ties in with galaxy express etc.
Saint Seiya, legend of the galactic heroes, Slayers and such are things i should have watched by now.




In 6 months I think I will take a 1 year break from anime and have episodes load up.
Naruto this entire year is filler only.
One piece is always slow and it's way more fun binge watching that when episodes add up like 35+ episodes on queue.
A lot of good animes coming along as well.


BTW you should watch this anime as I really think it is a classic.
The story is amazing, the art (for it's time), etc.



Ginga Sengoku Gun'yūden Rai



It is extremely old I think 1990-1995 (some where that time), but the plot is amazing.
It is EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, but I am sure you will find it in a place that starts with the letter "T" and ends with the letter "T".


5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

fluffykun011 wrote:


centilliondatabase wrote:
Check my post history.
Every few months I ask for anime to watch.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-881745/no-more-anime-left

100% not trolling here.

I was defending you but since you skipped my post i'm wondering.




Thanks.

Was checking if I watched a specific anime (seems I didn't)


Finally found something I didn't watch: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes


Sounds like a cheesy name for an anime, but first episode is good thus far.


SCORE
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16

centilliondatabase wrote:
BTW you should watch this anime as I really think it is a classic.
The story is amazing, the art (for it's time), etc.

Ginga Sengoku Gun'yūden Rai

It is extremely old I think 1990-1995 (some where that time), but the plot is amazing.
It is EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, but I am sure you will find it in a place that starts with the letter "T" and ends with the letter "T".

I know where you mean but personally i find a place that starts with a B and ends with a T way better, if it wasn't for that site i would be lost when it comes to older series.

I was actually surprised to see this actually rated pretty highly on MAL as i found this on the site mentioned earlier thinking it was something niche no one's heard of, i was gonna watch it regardless but it's nice to hear someone recommending it.


centilliondatabase wrote:
Finally found something I didn't watch: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Sounds like a cheesy name for an anime, but first episode is good thus far.

SCORE

It's not bad, nothing really special but it was a good watch and a bit reminiscent of Berserk in areas.
What did you think of my recommendations by the way. I also recommend you start looking into Manga or Visual novels the later specifically being Muv-Luv there's just a lot you can't get into otherwise just watching anime.

Main issue i realized just watching 10+/20+ episodes of anime is a staggering amount of series either feel incomplete or are actually incomplete and not entirely faithful of the original series.

Oh.. What do you think of Love letters/references and homages by the way this is another area of my expertise and Muv-Luv falls under this.
For anime surprisingly Nanoha is mecha as all hell referencing and being a love letter towards Gundam and Super robot wars, Symphogear is mainly Gundam and are like a deconstruction on mahou shoujo which i highly recommend.
5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16

fluffykun011 wrote:


centilliondatabase wrote:
BTW you should watch this anime as I really think it is a classic.
The story is amazing, the art (for it's time), etc.

Ginga Sengoku Gun'yūden Rai

It is extremely old I think 1990-1995 (some where that time), but the plot is amazing.
It is EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND, but I am sure you will find it in a place that starts with the letter "T" and ends with the letter "T".

I know where you mean but personally i find a place that starts with a B and ends with a T way better, if it wasn't for that site i would be lost when it comes to older series.

I was actually surprised to see this actually rated pretty highly on MAL as i found this on the site mentioned earlier thinking it was something niche no one's heard of, i was gonna watch it regardless but it's nice to here someone recommending it.


centilliondatabase wrote:
Finally found something I didn't watch: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Sounds like a cheesy name for an anime, but first episode is good thus far.

SCORE

It's not bad, nothing really special but it was a good watch and a bit reminiscent of Berserk in areas.
What did you think of my recommendations by the way. I also recommend you start looking into Manga or Visual novels the later specifically being Muv-Luv there's just a lot you can't get into otherwise just watching anime.


I am not sure what approach I want to take when reading manga or visual novels.
I will most likely not read any manga that has an anime airing (I feel that might spoil a lot of the anime).

My current goal right now is to start reading books , because I also miss the feeling books give.
I hates books when I was young until I found a book called "Ranger's apprentice" and started really that book.
I think I'm either on book 3 or 4 where
.

I will most likely switch to novels and manga maybe next year.
I really like spice and wolf and heard there's A LOT of light novels.

Here's a bad trait about me though...... some anime and books make me emotional and as a guy this is embarrassing.

I had to go through a lot of courage watching spice and wolf as it was just too emotional.

I've cried on several emotional anime such as Code Geass, Parasyte, etc.

If anyone was to ask me what my #1 anime is, then I'd tell you it's Parasyte.
After watching that anime I tried finding anime that compared to it and was extremely disappointed.

It was just so good and it do not recommend Tokyo Ghoul as I've already watched it xP




5228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

I have to agree with " just watching 10+/20+ episodes of anime is a staggering amount of series either feel incomplete or are actually incomplete and not entirely faithful of the original series." , but I've accepted it. There is really not a lot of anime who have 200+ episodes when compared to 12+.


One piece is one.
Detective Conan is two.
Naruto is three.
Gintama is four.
Eyeshield 21 is five. [watch this if you haven't it's a good sports anime]
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is six.


Those are all I can pull off my head right now, but obviously there's more , but not enough.

Mecha anime are boring and repetitive for me, but muv-luv some what changed that. I am always hesitant about watching mecha anime out of all anime because of that. Some are just extremely bad and it's battle scene, battle scene 2, battle scene 3, and 0 character development.


Symphogear is nice as well and mahou shoujo.


All the animes you recommended are nice.


Btw, have you gotten bored of Gintama? I can barely watch 1 episode of that anymore.
I feel like Gintama is repetitive as hell.
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16

centilliondatabase wrote:
I am not sure what approach I want to take when reading manga or visual novels.
I will most likely not read any manga that has an anime airing (I feel that might spoil a lot of the anime).


Absolutely this, unless i feel like the studio isn't giving the anime any justice i will go straight to the manga but some i have even been holding off on figuring their will be another season eventually, i absolutely hate that my friend made me read Bleach and Naruto otherwise they would terrorize me with spoilers which i no longer care about. But for Naruto it just ruined the experience for me and shoved the glaring faults of the series into my face while studio pierrot for the most part was doing a pretty good job and doing the anime more justice such as how attack on tittan is actually much better because of production I.G while the artist is pretty mediocre.


centilliondatabase wrote:
My current goal right now is to start reading books , because I also miss the feeling books give.
I hates books when I was young until I found a book called "Ranger's apprentice" and started really that book.
I think I'm either on book 3 or 4 where
.

I will most likely switch to novels and manga maybe next year.
I really like spice and wolf and heard there's A LOT of light novels.

Probably Visual novels and manga for me mainly there's only a few light novels i'm interested in such as Banner of the stars and Twelve Kingdoms but i believe they're not even translated very far. One thing i see an extreme lack of in anime is monologues while these are even removed in adaptations which leaves new viewers guessing what the character in question is actually thinking, if the Muv-Luv trilogy was ever adapted there's a lot of dialogue they would have to adapt where as studios mainly take shortcuts. I'm not into books myself hell i have only ever read 20,000 leagues under the sea however i really want to read stuff like starship troopers, enders game and some light novels. It was a bloody miracle i read Muv-Luv and that thing is 80+ hours of dialogue, afterwards this became my favorite series and opened me up into a completely different world. In 2011 i believe i went from 400 anime seen to 1.2k.


centilliondatabase wrote:
Here's a bad trait about me though...... some anime and books make me emotional and as a guy this is embarrassing.

I had to go through a lot of courage watching spice and wolf as it was just too emotional.

I've cried on several emotional anime such as Code Geass, Parasyte, etc.


I don't know about Code Geass however you honestly have to be pretty cold hearted for some things to not touch you in some way it's always the old guy's and the dog or cat that get me i actually cried in a room with three guy's and cheered a couple times loudly while watching Clannad being what got me into the romance genre and got me to try even the shoujo genre.


centilliondatabase wrote:
If anyone was to ask me what my #1 anime is, then I'd tell you it's Parasyte.
After watching that anime I tried finding anime that compared to it and was extremely disappointed.

It was just so good and it do not recommend Tokyo Ghoul as I've already watched it xP

Ushio to Tora i know exactly what you mean and i kind of cried myself to Parasyte i love Migi and Tora kind of gives off that vibe being Ushio's partner.


centilliondatabase wrote:
Btw, have you gotten bored of Gintama? I can barely watch 1 episode of that anymore.
I feel like Gintama is repetitive as hell.

No and i literally just binge watched this from episode 30 to current last month. Not even joking. xD
It did slog in some areas however much like Muv-Luv it has this mood shift/genre shift that's extremely rare in japanese media and only series slightly touch into this like Madoka Magica and To love ru which don't count at all.

So i was very satisfied marathoning this because anytime these arcs popped up which felt like they were more in number the further you got felt like i was being spoiled because how different and everything these arcs had to offer while slowly going in the lore of Gintama has just been great and the shogun arc specifically has been everything we've waiting for and than some while the arc afterwards which has never happened in Gintama by the way is hinting towards something larger while being darker/more depressing than what we are use to. It sounds like you haven't gotten very far. Season 1 and 2 specifically suffer the most and i think they deserve a new adaptation.

Also about being repetitive, somewhat but even the jokes are pretty clever and quite outlandish in thought. How they actually make Gintoki go through all of his weaknesses later is pretty awesome as well specifically one arc i absolutely love for this was 'Ghost Ryokan'.

centilliondatabase wrote:
Mecha anime are boring and repetitive for me, but muv-luv some what changed that. I am always hesitant about watching mecha anime out of all anime because of that. Some are just extremely bad and it's battle scene, battle scene 2, battle scene 3, and 0 character development.

Muv-Luv? Really now.. because i have much to say about this if you're basing it off Total eclipse. -shivers- It was pretty bad. Schwarzesmarken i still have quite a bit to say but it's been pretty faithful.

You know i hear this about mecha quite a bit but the thing is you have to know what you're looking for and cg clearly isn't gonna provide most of the time there's a lot about mecha that's 'cool japan' as well and unique with japanese media so you're really missing out if you keep this mentality. I even enjoy the little moments that pop up in romantic comedies out of no where, it's not just about Giant robots.
But it's funny you say this since Muv-Luv is actually what got me into mecha and started going into older series and actually watching all of Gundam and macross instead of just G gundam/Gundam seed and Macross frontier.


centilliondatabase wrote:
Some are just extremely bad and it's battle scene, battle scene 2, battle scene 3, and 0 character development.

Okay clearly you're watching the wrong one's.
Try Escaflowne, Big O and Gundam 0079 but i would assume you've seen these.
13714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
Jormungand
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Chrome Shelled Regios
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
Terror in Resonance
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.