First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Smart Anime?
14036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
I've recently watched Erased, and I'm loving it. I love the plot, the characters, the animation, scenery, everything. Anyone have any recommendations for a "smart" anime?
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16

Redd2368 wrote:

I've recently watched Erased, and I'm loving it. I love the plot, the characters, the animation, scenery, everything. Anyone have any recommendations for a "smart" anime?


Erased is pretty much Steins; Gate just not as good. Watch that.

By smart anime I'm guessing you mean anime that aren't afraid to use words instead of action to display the story. For that try Fate/Zero.
14036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
I actually started watching Steins;Gate just yesterday. The first episode confused me a bit, but I'm sure my questions will be answered if I keep watching obviously. I did watch the first few episodes of Fate/Stay Night, but it really didn't interest me that much. The plot was kinda slow and the characters are pretty dry.
Posted 2/16/16

Redd2368 wrote:

I actually started watching Steins;Gate just yesterday. The first episode confused me a bit, but I'm sure my questions will be answered if I keep watching obviously. I did watch the first few episodes of Fate/Stay Night, but it really didn't interest me that much. The plot was kinda slow and the characters are pretty dry.


Steins; Gate starts slow but quickly evolves. Fate/Stay Night is targeted towards teenagers whereas Fate/Zero is targeted towards adults. In my opinion Zero is far superior anyways.
14036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
I've read that the order in which to watch those is 1.Stay Night 2. Zero. Should I watch Stay Night first and Zero second? Or just go straight to zero?
42632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/16/16

Redd2368 wrote:

I've recently watched Erased, and I'm loving it. I love the plot, the characters, the animation, scenery, everything. Anyone have any recommendations for a "smart" anime?


Did you watch these from last season?
/beautiful-bones-sakurakos-investigation-
/the-perfect-insider
/young-black-jack

And always:
bakemonogatari series
/mushi-shi
14036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
Thank You, for the recommendations! I added those to my queue, I'll watch them
Posted 2/16/16

LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


Redd2368 wrote:

I actually started watching Steins;Gate just yesterday. The first episode confused me a bit, but I'm sure my questions will be answered if I keep watching obviously. I did watch the first few episodes of Fate/Stay Night, but it really didn't interest me that much. The plot was kinda slow and the characters are pretty dry.


Steins; Gate starts slow but quickly evolves. Fate/Stay Night is targeted towards teenagers whereas Fate/Zero is targeted towards adults. In my opinion Zero is far superior anyways.


LOL WHAT
fate/zero isn't targeted towards adults....and steins; gate is boring imo it got excited when that one character got shot
Posted 2/16/16

ignitingmemories wrote:


LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


Redd2368 wrote:

I actually started watching Steins;Gate just yesterday. The first episode confused me a bit, but I'm sure my questions will be answered if I keep watching obviously. I did watch the first few episodes of Fate/Stay Night, but it really didn't interest me that much. The plot was kinda slow and the characters are pretty dry.


Steins; Gate starts slow but quickly evolves. Fate/Stay Night is targeted towards teenagers whereas Fate/Zero is targeted towards adults. In my opinion Zero is far superior anyways.


LOL WHAT
fate/zero isn't targeted towards adults....and steins; gate is boring imo it got excited when that one character got shot


Oops you're right but Zero definitely is above the shonen level.

And most people don't think that....




乁(◔人◔)ㄏ
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/17/16

LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


ignitingmemories wrote:


LightningDragonSlayerLaxus wrote:


Redd2368 wrote:

I actually started watching Steins;Gate just yesterday. The first episode confused me a bit, but I'm sure my questions will be answered if I keep watching obviously. I did watch the first few episodes of Fate/Stay Night, but it really didn't interest me that much. The plot was kinda slow and the characters are pretty dry.


Steins; Gate starts slow but quickly evolves. Fate/Stay Night is targeted towards teenagers whereas Fate/Zero is targeted towards adults. In my opinion Zero is far superior anyways.


LOL WHAT
fate/zero isn't targeted towards adults....and steins; gate is boring imo it got excited when that one character got shot


Oops you're right but Zero definitely is above the shonen level.

And most people don't think that....




乁(◔人◔)ㄏ


it's my opinion lel
mnmike 
19129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/16
I'll second Steins; Gate (it gets better, but you have to give it a few episodes), Bakemonogatari, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Monster is the smartest crime drama/suspense thriller that you will ever watch, anime or not... if you can track the episodes down.

Spice & Wolf is very clever and very witty, although it's only for those who can appreciate good dialogue and a plot mostly built around the manipulations of a small-time peddler.

The World God Only Knows is a brilliant spoof of otaku culture (specifically harem anime and video game tropes), but many of the jokes don't work if you aren't familiar with those tropes to begin with.

Maoyu has a great premise and a very clever interplay between political-economic theory and standard fantasy tropes... along with a whole lot of unnecessary boob bouncing (for better or worse) and a somewhat unsatisfying ending (but that's what the manga version is for!)
1481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/16/16 , edited 2/16/16
Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Death Note
7401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
Interlude
Sunday Without God
Voices from a Distant Star (just a one-shot but worth it)
God Eater
Parasyte: the Maxim


All here on Crunchyroll

Guilty Crown
Future Diary
Renpo Kiten
Eden of the East
Psycho-pass

All on Funimation/Hulu
mnmike 
19129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/17/16

neugenx wrote:

Interlude
Sunday Without God
Voices from a Distant Star (just a one-shot but worth it)
God Eater
Parasyte: the Maxim


All here on Crunchyroll

Guilty Crown
Future Diary
Renpo Kiten
Eden of the East
Psycho-pass

All on Funimation/Hulu


Eden of the East broke my heart. The show was brilliant, and worth mentioning. But the movies.. uhg. (The last couple panels of this XKCD encompass almost exactly how I feel about them: https://xkcd.com/566/ )
7401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 2/17/16

mnmike wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Interlude
Sunday Without God
Voices from a Distant Star (just a one-shot but worth it)
God Eater
Parasyte: the Maxim


All here on Crunchyroll

Guilty Crown
Future Diary
Renpo Kiten
Eden of the East
Psycho-pass

All on Funimation/Hulu


Eden of the East broke my heart. The show was brilliant, and worth mentioning. But the movies.. uhg. (The last couple panels of this XKCD encompass almost exactly how I feel about them: https://xkcd.com/566/ )


I've never actually seen the movies so a big thankee for the warning.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.