First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you dress always anime style?
17156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
The styles look very complex but they do look cool. It would be expensive to get everything bespoke.
I would like to wear way out stuff if I could afford it.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
As a cosplayer I can say most anime fashion gives little consideration to anything remotely comfortable or even practical. And the ones that do tend to be on the plain side.
Posted 2/17/16

Ranwolf wrote:

As a cosplayer I can say most anime fashion gives little consideration to anything remotely comfortable or even practical. And the ones that do tend to be on the plain side.


As for me, I am ok with shaving my head and being Saitama for the rest of my life xD
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
Maybe if I was shorter and didn't have a pot belly. xD

Anime clothes are designed for people that are thin (obs because this is most attractive) and short (because the characters are usually modeled after the Japanese).
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/17/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Maybe if I was shorter and didn't have a pot belly. xD

Anime clothes are designed for people that are thin (obs because this is most attractive) and short (because the characters are usually modeled after the Japanese).


I don't know about that I am 187 cm tall and weigh 95 kgs and I have never had any problem with the sizing of clothing even when ordering from Japanese stores.
4490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
No, never.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/17/16 , edited 2/17/16

Ranwolf wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

Maybe if I was shorter and didn't have a pot belly. xD

Anime clothes are designed for people that are thin (obs because this is most attractive) and short (because the characters are usually modeled after the Japanese).


I don't know about that I am 187 cm tall and weigh 95 kgs and I have never had any problem with the sizing of clothing even when ordering from Japanese stores.

Yah but idk lol. I don't really think you can compare general clothing to anime styled clothing.

Edit: I'm not saying that I couldn't wear it per se, but that it wouldn't look that good on me as it was not designed for my current body type. Also, there are certain people who do fit in with the ideal body type but it still doesn't look good on them. I guess it all just comes down to whether or not you can rock the look.
Posted 2/17/16
If you're talking about "slice of life" clothes like this:
then yes I would wear anime clothes


33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/17/16

stars201 wrote:

If you're talking about "slice of life" clothes like this:
then yes I would wear anime clothes



I was under the assumption that OP was talking about more of the out there kind of anime clothing xD. Like kirino and asuna.
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 2/17/16 , edited 2/17/16
I have a pair of glasses I wear replicated from Azusa Asahina and a Jacket like Aoba's from Dramatical Murder both are comftorable.
1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
it's to much work. i dress like a greaser all the time it's easier
8116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/17/16
slice of life, and lolita i would totally wear it. if we're talking fantasy it would depend. i've got nothing against a magical girl outfit [maybe not Kill La Kill magical girl outfit lol] but if it looks like i'm heading to a con i might not, especially if i'm at work lol.
Posted 2/17/16
If it blends with modern/real life fashion, then of course I wear stuff influenced by anime fashion. But if it's like from Naruto or something, obviously I won't wear those lololololol.

I have that red checkered shirt that Rin wears.



I also bought a pair of shoes similar to that of Sousuke's shoes (from the anime Free!)







So yeah I do get influenced by anime fashion a lot. I think Free! has a lot of good fashion styles for young adult males. It's sad to think, in 3 years time, I probably can't wear these clothes anymore. Gotta dress for my age...
11411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Online
Posted 2/17/16
Maybe to a convention or something, but when you get to the more complex stuff I feel dressing yourself would become a massive chore. If you're used to doing yourself up for a couple of hours I can see why you might not mind, but as a guy who likes to get done in 2 minutes or less it'd be such a huge faff. I mean, I guess I have some anime-ish stuff if you're looking towards the more realistic end of clothing, but otherwise it would be too much effort.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/17/16 , edited 2/17/16
Only if I can be Tuxedo Mask.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.