Post Reply The Familiar of Zero: Where are you?
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/16
I remembered today an anime I watched way back when I was still in middle school.
I remembered that I watched all there was of it, which was about two seasons, and was waiting on the third.
Over time though it has slipped my mind along with countless other anime. Knowing me though, once something is stuck on my mind I become severely restless.
The thing that is currently on my mind is The Familiar of Zero.
I have an incredible urge to finish this anime so I can cross it off on the list of things that will forever bother me.
So please.
The first thing I would like to know is if CR lost the License to the first few seasons of The Familiar of Zero and the next thing, which is the most vital, is where I can watch the rest of them.
If possible I want to watch them from a site similar to CR. I tried looking it up on Funimation but they don't seem to have it. [b]Please Help. Thank you.
Posted 2/18/16

CoalEMoal wrote:

I remembered today an anime I watched way back when I was still in middle school.
I remembered that I watched all there was of it, which was about two seasons, and was waiting on the third.
Over time though it has slipped my mind along with countless other anime. Knowing me though, once something is stuck on my mind I become severely restless.
The thing that is currently on my mind is The Familiar of Zero.
I have an incredible urge to finish this anime so I can cross it off on the list of things that will forever bother me.
So please.
The first thing I would like to know is if CR lost the License to the first few seasons of The Familiar of Zero and the next thing, which is the most vital, is where I can watch the rest of them.
If possible I want to watch them from a site similar to CR. I tried looking it up on Funimation but they don't seem to have it. [b]Please Help
. Thank you.

I believe Hulu has it.
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/16
My Lord, I've totally forgotten about Hulu. Thank You!
62822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/16

I thought you thanked him for something lol.
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/18/16

CoalEMoal wrote:

The first thing I would like to know is if CR lost the License to the first few seasons of The Familiar of Zero and the next thing, which is the most vital, is where I can watch the rest of them.

CR never had a license for the first 3 series. (Even the 3rd series aired back in 2008, before CR went legit). They acquired the 4th and final series as a simulcast, and Sentai licensed it for streaming and home video.

Sentai later picked up the license for the first series that Funimation had let lapse (which was technically a Geneon license) and then even later licensed the 2nd and 3rd series. You can thank them for those first 3 series being available on Hulu.

15778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 2/18/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


CoalEMoal wrote:

The first thing I would like to know is if CR lost the License to the first few seasons of The Familiar of Zero and the next thing, which is the most vital, is where I can watch the rest of them.

CR never had a license for the first 3 series. (Even the 3rd series aired back in 2008, before CR went legit). They acquired the 4th and final series as a simulcast, and Sentai licensed it for streaming and home video.

Sentai later picked up the license for the first series that Funimation had let lapse (which was technically a Geneon license) and then even later licensed the 2nd and 3rd series. You can thank them for those first 3 series being available on Hulu.



Side note. Did anyone ever Dub FoZ? I always thought it had potential for a great dub.
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/18/16

Yamstarch wrote:

Side note. Did anyone ever Dub FoZ? I always thought it had potential for a great dub.

Nope, none of the later series have received a dub.

15778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 2/18/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

Side note. Did anyone ever Dub FoZ? I always thought it had potential for a great dub.

Nope, none of the later series have received a dub.



That sucks
85275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 2/18/16
I just bought the blu-ray seasons 1, 2, and 3 and watched season 4 on Crunchyroll.
11744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/16 , edited 2/18/16
This sure reminds me of how the author for the series passed away.
You must be logged in to post.