First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
The UN Tried To Ban Eroge & Hentai For Discrimination Against Women!?
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 3/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:

Makes sense


keiichimorisato988 wrote:

i see that the ones for women are omitted, because only women are allowed to objectify men like pieces of meat.


It might also have to do with how women are still treated as inferior to men. In some countries women can't even leave their homes unless they are with a man. Even in the US, women are still treated poorly in the work force and looked down upon, especially in fields that male dominate. Maybe they are just trying to reduce the sexism since Eroge and Hentai are usually all about exposing of women.


For me, the problem poised is proving that the consumption of sexist media will consistently propagate sexist attitudes (Because only an idiot or a mentally handicapped person would treat anyone badly because of their portrayal in a pornographic material) or worst, contribute to rape epidemics. However, one might be intrigued that the more sexual freedom of a nation, the higher quality of rights for most women, because really, a nation of people who call women whores for dressing in a tank top and some jeans is not likely to have legalized pornographic material. In fact, one might get into a dialogue about why repressing people's sexuality with threats of government intervention is a bad idea, if not repressing at all being a bad idea.


Actually there was an independent study done on kids over the course of many years to see if video games with sexist attitudes made those kids sexist. The study concluded that video games DIDN'T make people sexist!

Here's a video link to where I got the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGURObeejQ

Here's the original study:http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/04/10/new-study-finds-no-link-between-gaming-and-sexist-attitudes/#8d08b1921ade
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/21/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwqUqoi-Mk

The Anime Man was discussing this on youtube, I think he has a clear opinion both on women's side and men's side. Check it out...
Posted 2/21/16

Dabossman26 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:

Makes sense


keiichimorisato988 wrote:

i see that the ones for women are omitted, because only women are allowed to objectify men like pieces of meat.


It might also have to do with how women are still treated as inferior to men. In some countries women can't even leave their homes unless they are with a man. Even in the US, women are still treated poorly in the work force and looked down upon, especially in fields that male dominate. Maybe they are just trying to reduce the sexism since Eroge and Hentai are usually all about exposing of women.


For me, the problem poised is proving that the consumption of sexist media will consistently propagate sexist attitudes (Because only an idiot or a mentally handicapped person would treat anyone badly because of their portrayal in a pornographic material) or worst, contribute to rape epidemics. However, one might be intrigued that the more sexual freedom of a nation, the higher quality of rights for most women, because really, a nation of people who call women whores for dressing in a tank top and some jeans is not likely to have legalized pornographic material. In fact, one might get into a dialogue about why repressing people's sexuality with threats of government intervention is a bad idea, if not repressing at all being a bad idea.


Actually there was an independent study done on kids over the course of many years to see if video games with sexist attitudes made those kids sexist. The study concluded that video games DIDN'T make people sexist!

Here's a video link to where I got the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGURObeejQ

Here's the original study:http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/04/10/new-study-finds-no-link-between-gaming-and-sexist-attitudes/#8d08b1921ade

Depends, I was mainly referring to medias such as rapelay and porn in general.
fire3 
19654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / earth
Offline
Posted 2/21/16
so has this review happened already or what?
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 2/21/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Dabossman26 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Kira0309 wrote:

Makes sense


keiichimorisato988 wrote:

i see that the ones for women are omitted, because only women are allowed to objectify men like pieces of meat.


It might also have to do with how women are still treated as inferior to men. In some countries women can't even leave their homes unless they are with a man. Even in the US, women are still treated poorly in the work force and looked down upon, especially in fields that male dominate. Maybe they are just trying to reduce the sexism since Eroge and Hentai are usually all about exposing of women.


For me, the problem poised is proving that the consumption of sexist media will consistently propagate sexist attitudes (Because only an idiot or a mentally handicapped person would treat anyone badly because of their portrayal in a pornographic material) or worst, contribute to rape epidemics. However, one might be intrigued that the more sexual freedom of a nation, the higher quality of rights for most women, because really, a nation of people who call women whores for dressing in a tank top and some jeans is not likely to have legalized pornographic material. In fact, one might get into a dialogue about why repressing people's sexuality with threats of government intervention is a bad idea, if not repressing at all being a bad idea.


Actually there was an independent study done on kids over the course of many years to see if video games with sexist attitudes made those kids sexist. The study concluded that video games DIDN'T make people sexist!

Here's a video link to where I got the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGURObeejQ

Here's the original study:http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/04/10/new-study-finds-no-link-between-gaming-and-sexist-attitudes/#8d08b1921ade

Depends, I was mainly referring to medias such as rapelay and porn in general.

ahhhhh okay, yeah, that's way different.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/21/16

Nasirei wrote:
The Anime Man was discussing this on youtube, I think he has a clear opinion both on women's side and men's side. Check it out...
wait having a man, mansplain? WOW?!
XP oh well.. gotta check... him out

30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 2/21/16
UN have waifus they are trying to protect.
But yoi's ok, right? because men can't be raped.
Posted 2/21/16
I strongly doubt they get anything banned. Seems like no one listens to the UN anymore.
Humms 
10572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 2/21/16
Now this is funny, I'll just kick back on my chair and watch as nothing is done about this matter. You start touching a media outlet of such a nature and you will be laughed at.

Every line someone draws is their own, what the final product turns out to be, it is only a depiction of something that people can obviously relate to and have a connection to it in some way, this can range from a variety of emotions and attractions.

Does it discriminate against women? Probably no different than watching a Gang bang video, and that is reality when we talk about what we are viewing. This is fiction verses reality, the fact that people are seeing this as discrimination means they have feelings towards it in such a way that it is almost comparing it to real life. You will never win, there isn't going to be enough evidence to prove that this is discrimination.

It's never about men you know. A gang bang where there is only one man, oh noooooo the horror, that poor man, total discrimination. Look at those women treat him like a piece of meat, Worthless. Like Nobody Can Say That With A Straight Face. I'm pretty sure real life situation are more discriminating against women, but they don't seem to mind getting treated like a piece of meat just to get paid for it, they like getting treated like dogs just for the money, so why do we have awards for things like that?

People make me laugh sometimes, more soo now than before.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 3/1/16
If they want to ban lolicon, more power to 'em.
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 3/1/16

maxgale wrote:

If they want to ban lolicon, more power to 'em.


How could you say that? Where does that leave onii chans like me, without their sexual freedom?
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 3/1/16

maxgale wrote:

If they want to ban lolicon, more power to 'em.


Seconded
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 2/21/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


maxgale wrote:

If they want to ban lolicon, more power to 'em.


How could you say that? Where does that leave onii chans like me, without their sexual freedom?




Every onii-chan is just someone who hasn't embraced their inner ototo-chan.
Posted 2/21/16 , edited 3/1/16
If it doesn't concern me or I don't like it, then let em ban it.

Can you guys hear yourselves? This is an affront to civil liberties!
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 2/21/16
...I feel like I've read this before.....










First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.