First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Picture of students with exfoliation masks deemed racist, "hurtful and destructive"
5077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
Seriously? I guess if I exfoliate mud into my face that makes me racist. All this political correctness bullish*t is beyond incomprehensible.
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It actually does look like black face, so I would be confused too. As someone who used face cleaning products I never saw a black one.


Not really surprised.


Yes, I am a liberal. Although I relearned to be nice about it. Not that anything was wrong with me in the first place. But hey, I'm trying to understand why they might be confused. You know, symapthize a bit although I disagree with the former's later actions?
5363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It actually does look like black face, so I would be confused too. As someone who used face cleaning products I never saw a black one.


Not really surprised.


Yes, I am a liberal. Although I relearned to be nice about it. Not that anything was wrong with me in the first place.


Yes, I knew you were liberal. If the first thing people think is "that's racist" about everything, there's something wrong.
Posted 2/23/16
The level of presumption is...is simply awesome, keep up the good work people
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


D4nc3Style wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It actually does look like black face, so I would be confused too. As someone who used face cleaning products I never saw a black one.


Not really surprised.


Yes, I am a liberal. Although I relearned to be nice about it. Not that anything was wrong with me in the first place.


Yes, I knew you were liberal. If the first thing people think is "that's racist" about everything, there's something wrong.


I sorta agree there, but I definitely disagree with the later actions of the former. Really, I'm wrong all the time. People should learn to be wrong instead of trying to save face.

Truth be told, I thought your previous quote was to antagonize me, saying how it was expected of me to have consistently liberal view points, or by saying "well, that's expected of her."
Ejanss 
16895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

It actually does look like black face, so I would be confused too. As someone who used face cleaning products I never saw a black one.


It's a mud pack--apparently, some natural mud/clay is a mineral-rich exfoliant and moisturizer, if you go to the right organic spas--but why they're being goofy enough to wear it in their dorm room, presumably for the traditional "sleepover-night makeover", is a bit confusing.
If it was in a bathroom or a beauty salon, with towels around their hair (as in the "green cucumber-face" cliche'), no one would have any problem calling it in a second.

And besides, that's not the goofiest Knee-Jerk Racism Wolf-Cry that ever happened:
- One UMass student campaigned to have the Colonial Minuteman and statue removed as the symbol of their college because it represented a "racist and ethnicist image". NO ONE, students or faculty, had the slightest idea what she meant, and she never quite detailed on it.
- One woman tried to sue the Snapple drink corporation to expose their supposed ties to white-supremacist groups like the KKK--The evidence, she claimed, was the Iced Tea label showing an 18th-cty. engraving of "Slaves in African headdresses being brought in boats to America", with the secret Klan symbol of a circled K. Snapple politely responded by saying that the circled-K was the US label symbol for "Kosher", that the engraving was of the Boston Tea Party, and that the "slaves in headdresses" were, in fact, white colonists dressed as red Indians. Although what a picture of the Boston Tea Party was doing on a label for iced tea, was never mentioned.
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16
How sad is it the first conclusion jumped to is racism...If they need to invent it (black student making fake threats of racial violence see link) and find it in otherwise innocent activities and publicly shame people then it's become a witch hunt.


http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NJ-Woman-Arrested-For-Tweeting-Threats-To-Black-Students-Kean-359635811.html
25774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
Uncultured swines never saw proper blackface used to portray serious black characters from Shakespearean plays. They only know of the lower-class stupid-looking clown version of the make-up used in derisive comedies. Which didn't really look like what those girls were wearing anyway.
runec 
37175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/16 , edited 2/23/16
A) Okay its one thing to embarrass yourself making this mistake. Its another level entirely to double down on it instead of apologizing.

B) That does not look like black face. It looks like a mud pack. If it really was black face it would be one of the laziest attempts at it I had ever seen.

C) Even if it was the laziest attempt at black face ever, you investigate first and decide an appropriate punishment. You do not rush straight to the school website to publicly condemn them before you do anything else.

For all the real, actual racism out there, this sort of thing does nothing to help the situation and in fact undermines the cause when it comes time to address a real problem.
25547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
While were on the subject. Everyone please take care of your skin. Dont be that person who walks around with dirty oily skin, honestly just take care of your hygiene.
Banned
11595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
When in the fuck are black people going to get over this shit??
I mean lighten up. Funny thing is, it was probably white people that complained about it and called it racist lol..
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
lol ur face
18184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
They don't want me to shop and me spending that hard
Oh my God is that a black card
I turned around and replied why yes
But I prefer the term African American Express
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
How many people of this current generation even know a damn thing about blackface comedy? Serious question.

I mean I only got that shit explained to me because of everyone up in arms over Jynx from Pokemon.

runec 
37175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

TRKitsune wrote:
How many people of this current generation even know a damn thing about blackface comedy? Serious question.


You don't need to know the history of blackface comedy to know that its not okay to paint yourself a different skin colour for lawlz. And yet, every Halloween some morons do. Even some celebrities who should REALLY know better.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.