First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply So who's hyped for Dark Souls III?
350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Britain
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I hope they actually make it hard. Damage sponges are not what difficult is Game developers just stop it already and work on your fucking idiotic AI routines. I want my enemies to be actually capable of outthinking me not putting me to sleep by how many times I have to hammer the same four damn buttons.


The occasionally sponge boss ain't bad though. Imagine if every boss ended up like Manus, Artorias and The Fume Knight *Twitches*
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Dyrnax wrote:


The occasionally sponge boss ain't bad though. Imagine if every boss ended up like Manus, Artorias and The Fume Knight *Twitches*


Meh, the Fume Knight was the only real difficult one and it was more a test of your twitch reflex then anything else. Since strafing usually lets you avoid damage. And his Dark Flame Slash can be avoided simply be dodging into it , hell it even grants you a nice chance for a counter attack. His orb attack is the only real one of concern since you only have three options , run like hell, block and hope you survive, or dodge into the space between the orbs . And a high agility build is needed to dodge in-between the orbs.

The Fume Knight though at least was a step in the right direction but I'd still prefer a smarter enemy rather then a tougher one. It's why I prefer PVP based games. Humans are much tougher competition then anything an AI can throw at you for now. But who knows maybe Dark Souls 3 will be the exception.
5012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
My only problem with the series is the PVP community. I always want it to be more fun, but after seeing the same old tactics 3 times in a row (going back to Demon's Souls), I know I will be disappointed by all the backstab/parry fishing, lag-induced attack range increases, and generally anti-competitive gameplay (people way too focused on winning at all costs rather than actually challenging themselves).

In any case, I expect that the actual game itself will most likely be just as great, if not better, than what we have seen with the previous games. I look forward to seeing all the combat "arts" or whatever that stuff is called.
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

NemesisX00 wrote:
anti-competitive gameplay (people way too focused on winning at all costs rather than actually challenging themselves).


You're going to have to explain that one to me mate. The whole point of PVP competition is to win, the challenge is inherent in trying to outsmart a human rather then a mindless AI driven mob.
8669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/1/16
I literally just bought Bloodbourne yesterday :'3 I beats Demon souls Why playing Dark souls the horrible FPS on the ps3 and the gargoyle bosses on the rooftop made me stop playing so i just skipped 2 for bloodbourne but i doubt i'll be done by the time Dark souls 3 comes out
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/1/16

Em0SceneStabr wrote:

I literally just bought Bloodbourne yesterday :'3 I beats Demon souls Why playing Dark souls the horrible FPS on the ps3 and the gargoyle bosses on the rooftop made me stop playing so i just skipped 2 for bloodbourne but i doubt i'll be done by the time Dark souls 3 comes out :(


I never did get around to even starting Bloodbourne. Always meant to but never did.
5012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/16

Ranwolf wrote:
You're going to have to explain that one to me mate. The whole point of PVP competition is to win, the challenge is inherent in trying to outsmart a human rather then a mindless AI driven mob.

What I meant is the majority of PVP scenarios I've been in or witnessed in videos are of people whose stats and items make the actual fight a waste of time. "Most" people seem to want to just win in PVP without having to earn it. For example, invading level 10s in DS2 while wearing the butterfly gear. I can count on...maybe both hands the number of PVP fights I've had in any of the Souls games which were decided purely on the skill of each player. It just gets tiresome after a while.

In any case, I didn't actually mean to jump into this conversation with a bunch of negative energy. So I apologize for that! I'm trying to push through Bloodbourne before Dark Souls 3 releases. I got fairly far before but I haven't actually beat it yet. Gets so creepy.
19558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/1/16

NemesisX00 wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:
You're going to have to explain that one to me mate. The whole point of PVP competition is to win, the challenge is inherent in trying to outsmart a human rather then a mindless AI driven mob.

What I meant is the majority of PVP scenarios I've been in or witnessed in videos are of people whose stats and items make the actual fight a waste of time. "Most" people seem to want to just win in PVP without having to earn it. For example, invading level 10s in DS2 while wearing the butterfly gear. I can count on...maybe both hands the number of PVP fights I've had in any of the Souls games which were decided purely on the skill of each player. It just gets tiresome after a while.
:


Okay just so I understand this correctly you seem to be of the opinion that a well geared and well built character negates the worthiness of any victories it;s player earns while using it. This merely on the basis that the opponents a player beats may not be as well built or equipped as their character is. This despite the fact both parties are willing participants in PVP. Cause even the most hardcore MMOs have distinct PVE and PVP areas.

This is especially true in Dark Souls 2 where you physically have to choose to opt to allow invasions of your game. When you choose that you are a willing participant and thus have lost any right to complain about having well equipped and built players beating you. You choose to allow them in after all. Might want to wait until you yourself are well built and equipped or least understand the game better anyway.
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
DOOBi
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
Currently playing through Scholar of the First Sin, even after having beaten the original. By the time 3 is released, I'll be prepared to die all over again!

And the opening is amazing for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I'd at least watch that to build up more hype!
Posted 3/5/16
I hope I can get a PS4 before it releases, I wasn't a fan of Dks2, I liked the first one though and hoping Dks3 will be better than 2
14163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
i cant wait it will be my first dark souls game
Posted 3/5/16

TJlimber wrote:

i cant wait it will be my first dark souls game


I, and hopefully other people too, welcome you into the fandom with open arms. Just be prepared to die a lot and to hear git gud a lot.
14163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
aww thanks... its nice to know that a game that is known for being brutal and unforgiving has such a nice fan base
Posted 3/5/16
Really looking forward to getting ganked by 5 people. That'll be the life.

562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
DOOBi
Offline
Posted 3/14/16 , edited 3/14/16
Got a Curse of the Undead tattoo on my back left shoulder a couple of days ago.

I am now Undead! (soon to be Hollow)

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.