First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Do you think constant dieting is a symptom of..?
Posted 2/23/16
What are your thoughts?
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
A healthy lifestyle does not involve dieting and anyone who thinks so is a fool.
Posted 2/23/16
Anxiety and Ignorance*
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 2/23/16

Nyanotic wrote:

A healthy lifestyle does not involve dieting and anyone who thinks so is a fool.


So my eating healthy is not a healthy lifestyle? I'm so confused.
Posted 2/23/16
I have to go with the second one from experience.
7878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
Well, usually when someone says they're "going on a diet" it's more like "I'm going to skip meals and chew ice till I pass out".
So I wouldn't consider that healthy. Most of the girls I've known who do that constantly have some sort of disorder, so I'd consider that along that line.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
Dieting... healthy lifestye? Well, I don't eat unhealthy snacks or fast food, because I've been used to it for a long time.

But, if you deliberately starve yourself when there's no need, it's wrong. Dieting is important for those who really need to lose weight for their own benefit like, obese people, overweight people and sometimes those with diabetes.
2742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Nightosphere
Offline
Posted 2/23/16

Kerst wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:

A healthy lifestyle does not involve dieting and anyone who thinks so is a fool.


So my eating healthy is not a healthy lifestyle? I'm so confused.


Eating healthy and dieting are two different things.
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 2/23/16

Nyanotic wrote:


Kerst wrote:


Nyanotic wrote:

A healthy lifestyle does not involve dieting and anyone who thinks so is a fool.


So my eating healthy is not a healthy lifestyle? I'm so confused.


Eating healthy and dieting are two different things.


Most diets I have ever seen have healthy food
10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/23/16
If someone is always trying to lose weight then they possibly have an eating disorder.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 2/24/16 , edited 2/24/16

Kerst wrote:

Most diets I have ever seen have healthy food


I'm with Nyanotic on this one, I too make a great distinction between people maintaining a diet to keep a certain balance and people constantly changing their eating paterns and habbits with the purpose of losing/gaining weight only to revert straight away once they've reached their goal, only to repeat this routine every so often.

The first is healthy, the second... not so much.
I wouldn't personally call the second a mental disorder for most people, but for some it can be an underlying cause.
Posted 2/24/16
Having a pseudoscience based diet and having a balanced diet are two different things
6746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
It depends on the extent it's taken at.
Obsessively or optimistically.
4563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

George_z wrote:


Kerst wrote:

Most diets I have ever seen have healthy food


I'm with Nyanotic on this one, I too make a great distinction between people maintaining a diet to keep a certain balance and people constantly changing their eating paterns and habbits with the purpose of losing/gaining weight only to revert straight away once they've reached their goal, only to repeat this routine every so often.

The first is healthy, the second... not so much.
I wouldn't personally call the second a mental disorder for most people, but for some it can be an underlying cause.


I havn't known any to revert since the diet usually permanetly changes their eating habits but I also don't know many fat people.

30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
A regular and healthy diet is a part of a healthy life.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.