First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply large amounts of cancer in my town
runec 
36007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
From what I can drudge up, the cancer rate there isn't higher. But the cancer mortality rate is the highest in the state. Due to poor early detection and health care access.. So you aren't more likely to get cancer, but you are more likely to die from it if you do.

So, uh, sleep well I guess? >.>
Posted 2/24/16
You need to move out of there.
21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

runec wrote:

From what I can drudge up, the cancer rate there isn't higher. But the cancer mortality rate is the highest in the state. Due to poor early detection and health care access.. So you aren't more likely to get cancer, but you are more likely to die from it if you do.

So, uh, sleep well I guess? >.>


that is true, the healthcare here is absolute SHIT
runec 
36007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

redokami wrote:
that is true, the healthcare here is absolute SHIT


Come to Canada~. The healthcare is free and we have Tim Hortons.

Possibly, also bears. But still, Tim Hortons! ( and bears ).
220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/24/16
Used to live in an area with lots of trees, off the beaten path, hippies have been growing organic for a long time etc etc, clean air, no smog...

Complete hotbed for cancer. Maybe clean air and fresh water cause cancer.
33234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

redokami wrote:


runec wrote:

From what I can drudge up, the cancer rate there isn't higher. But the cancer mortality rate is the highest in the state. Due to poor early detection and health care access.. So you aren't more likely to get cancer, but you are more likely to die from it if you do.

So, uh, sleep well I guess? >.>


that is true, the healthcare here is absolute SHIT


you need to get outta there
18802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Online
Posted 2/24/16
it was like that in yuma, lots of cancer in people living next to the fields.
21793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 2/24/16

Buckerss wrote:

How's the meat consumption there?


it is greeeeat lolz down the road I have a mcdonalds, hardees, KFC and pizza hut right next to eachother
Posted 2/24/16

nemoskull wrote:

it was like that in yuma, lots of cancer in people living next to the fields.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Tons of pesticide and herbicides.


Phoenix is bad too with all the smog.

6662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / England
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

redokami wrote:


Buckerss wrote:

How's the meat consumption there?


it is greeeeat lolz down the road I have a mcdonalds, hardees, KFC and pizza hut right next to eachother


Excessive consumption of meat can cause cancer, so maybe that's part of it?
8669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
You might want to move....
15989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/25/16
chems, smoke (either smoking or cooking meat indoors without proper flow of air and etc)
There is really much you can get cancer from.
And yes some could be in what food you are eating as well, but then agian then you could die from fat before anything and cancer isn't "that bad" to say it like that.
19207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Reston, VA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
Here's the basics about cancer clusters: http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/cancer-clusters-fact-sheet

Don't know about your town, but Love Canal is the most notorious one.
11650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
There's a lot of cancer on the internet too.
571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/25/16
If there's an old shipyard, I bet a lot of asbestos was used.
Edit: Oh, well, the black sooty stuff is probably to blame.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.