First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply 9 stabbed at Dunbarton High School in Pickering, girl, 14, arrested
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

runec wrote:
She definitely went over the edge over something. I'm going to assume a pattern of bullying or something will emerge as the story unfolds.
if it was bullying then I would think, more targeted/related (like classroom where they are or something like the hatred towards something for such act)
but I dunno how she looked like or anything but I feel it on me something she enjoyed (could also be asked for the person who restrained her on how she acted when he did restrain her, calm, smiling, sad or "normal"?)
If she was depressed and wanted blood as a more acting "emo" (could fit with feelings and age) then it could be as an test or like I said enjoyment.

runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Ranwolf wrote:
Actually only restricted handguns need a lockout device in Canada.


Un-restricted must be rendered inoperable as well unless you can securely store them and securely store the ammunition for them. That is the bare minimum required federally. Though its recommended you disable and secure everything. Then you have any addition provincial regulations ( of which Ontario is pretty strict about ).

The only exception is if there is a reasonable chance you may need to fight bears. >.>
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

runec wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:
Actually only restricted handguns need a lockout device in Canada.


Un-restricted must be rendered inoperable as well unless you can securely store them and securely store the ammunition for them. That is the bare minimum required federally. Though its recommended you disable and secure everything. Then you have any addition provincial regulations ( of which Ontario is pretty strict about ).

The only exception is if there is a reasonable chance you may need to fight bears. >.>


Meh I own nearly 15 rifles and one handgun and all the RCMP have ever required of me is keeping them in a gun safe, they even let me keep the ammo in the same safe provided the weapons are unloaded.

runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Freddy96NO wrote:
If she was depressed and wanted blood as a more acting "emo" (could fit with feelings and age) then it could be as an test or like I said enjoyment.


I doubt it had anything to do with acting emo. Going on a knifing spree just isn't the action of a stable, reasonable individual. She either had a lot of problems going on at home and/or at school, has one or more mental illnesses, or both.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

runec wrote:
I doubt it had anything to do with acting emo.
sorry not what I mean't by emo, but then agian dunno how to explain that one its a bit tricky.

runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Ranwolf wrote:
Meh I own nearly 15 rifles and one handgun and all the RCMP have ever required of me is keeping them in a gun safe, they even let me keep the ammo in the same safe provided the weapons are unloaded.


Which fits, yes. If you have a gun safe then long guns don't need to be rendered inoperable if stored in said safe. I imagine you have a decent rep with the local RCMP. I also imagine they would be more hard on your ass about it if you didn't.

Also, BC, so reasonable chance of having to fight bears~
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

runec wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:
Meh I own nearly 15 rifles and one handgun and all the RCMP have ever required of me is keeping them in a gun safe, they even let me keep the ammo in the same safe provided the weapons are unloaded.


Which fits, yes. If you have a gun safe then long guns don't need to be rendered inoperable if stored in said safe. I imagine you have a decent rep with the local RCMP. I also imagine they would be more hard on your ass about it if you didn't.

Also, BC, so reasonable chance of having to fight bears~


Of course my rep with the RCMP is good I have a spotless criminal record, not so much as a parking ticket. And after all me and the cops are both soldiers. I was just taught to fight enemies foreign and he enemies domestic.
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


Lord_Jordan wrote:

Hands will destroy America, let us ban them


Fixed.



Now it's fixed for the future when guns and knives are gone.
runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Ranwolf wrote:
Of course my rep with the RCMP is good I have a spotless criminal record, not so much as a parking ticket. And after all me and the cops are both soldiers. I was just taught to fight enemies foreign and he enemies domestic.


The RCMP really aren't soldiers. Though they are exquisitely dressed cavalry.
runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:
Now it's fixed for the future when guns and knives are gone.


If Fallout has taught me anything its that the post apocalypse is going to have a huge problem with baseball bats and pool cues. So we should get on those.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

runec wrote:


The RCMP really aren't soldiers. Though they are exquisitely dressed cavalry.


Semantics mate , mere semantics. They put their lives on the line to do a job they volunteered for, are sometimes disrespected, and undergo a training not all that dissimilar to what I did . They are worth the same respect as any one wearing dog tags and are thus soldiers in all but name mate.
2096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/25/16
I'm surprised honestly that none of the students/teachers didn't do more than tackle her... doing something like that is grounds for deadly protection. I live about fifteen minutes away from where the Sandy Hook Newtown school shooting occurred and was in school at the time. They put us in lockdown immediately no one was allowed to talk or speak and we were isolated for the entire day. Needless to say since this incident we have been trained by various drills and evacuations and such. Clearly they didn't prepare the students in this school at all for a situation like this. The minutes that they spent laughing, thinking it's a joke, could have ended their lives if a gun had been used by this psycho. Thank God nothing too horrible happened. The girl should be tried as an adult.
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
Anime adaptation please.
runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Ranwolf wrote:
Semantics mate , mere semantics. They put their lives on the line to do a job they volunteered for, are sometimes disrespected, and undergo a training not all that dissimilar to what I did . They are worth the same respect as any one wearing dog tags and are thus soldiers in all but name mate.


I'm mainly objecting to the idea that the RCMP are militarized in any way like American police. Though I understand thats not what you're saying. I don't like calling them soldiers. We're a peacekeeping nation.


runec 
28248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Allie_cat418 wrote:
I'm surprised honestly that none of the students/teachers didn't do more than tackle her... doing something like that is grounds for deadly protection.


Because Canada? She didn't kill or even seriously injure anyone and was likely disturbed. There's no need to use lethal force unless its an absolute last resort.


Allie_cat418 wrote:
Needless to say since this incident we have been trained by various drills and evacuations and such. Clearly they didn't prepare the students in this school at all for a situation like this.


Mass shootings aren't a daily occurrence here so no, we don't have active shooter drills. Nor frankly should children even have to be going through active shooter drills in the first place.



Allie_cat418 wrote:
The girl should be tried as an adult.


On what grounds? She killed no one, didn't even seriously injure anyone and given she had steak knives it doesn't exactly come across as the pre-mediated plans of a sociopath.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.