First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply NYC Comedy Fest Charges Straight White Men More In Push For Gender Equality
5365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16


NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Organizers of an upcoming comedy festival in New York City are telling straight men to move over with a submission policy that takes a stance on gender equality issues.

The upcoming Cinder Block Comedy Festival is currently only accepting submissions from women, non-white applicants and members of the LGBTQ community — a move they say is an effort to curate a diverse lineup of performers.

“Having a token LGBTQ person of color woman, in a sea of white bearded men is not diversity,” the group proclaims in a video on the comedy festival’s website. “As an audience you deserve more than one point of view.”

The early-bird submission, running from Feb. 15 to March 15, also allows applicants to pay a cheaper fee of $19.25.

All other submissions, including ones from what festival organizers call “token bearded white dudes,” run from March 15 through April 15, with applicants paying a $25 submission fee.

The Cinder Block Comedy festival — run by an all-female staff — is the brainchild of Festival Director Coree Spencer, who drew inspiration for the idea after she was severely injured from being hit by a flying cinder block on the Puslaki Bridge, according to an open letter on the festival’s website.

Spencer said the difference in price was to mimic the gender pay gap between men and women, the Daily Caller reported. The difference in price is 77 percent.

The Cinder Block Comedy Festival is slated to to run at a venue in Williamsburg from Sept. 15-18.


http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/25/cinder-block-comedy-festival/

Let's discriminate against people for their race and sex to promote equality.
21683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
Welcome to LBGQWERTY and the "equal rights" movement. Where discrimination is being justified in the same way that slave owners justified owning slaves.

While this doesn't surprise me it sickens me.

> Implying that whites are one unitary group
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
What if I'm a white hispanic male?
21683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

What if I'm a white hispanic male?


Too white and too male GTFO
3669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
"Equality"
25298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

Rujikin wrote:

Welcome to LBGQWERTY and the "equal rights" movement. Where discrimination is being justified in the same way that slave owners justified owning slaves.

While this doesn't surprise me it sickens me.

> Implying that whites are one unitary group


Just out of curiosity, ignoring the fact that I disagree with this stunt by this comedy event, what the hell does any of this have to do with the LGBT movement? Is it because they're charging straight males more? Does that tie the LGBT movement to this event or something? I'm legitimately confused as to this club doing a shit thing remotely involves the greater LGBT movement.
Ejanss 
16823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/25/16

LITVoid wrote:Just out of curiosity, ignoring the fact that I disagree with this stunt by this comedy event, what the hell does any of this have to do with the LGBT movement? Is it because they're charging straight males more? Does that tie the LGBT movement to this event or something? I'm legitimately confused as to this club doing a shit thing remotely involves the greater LGBT movement.


And let's not even get into the issue of whether LGBT's can actually do standup comedy.
(As opposed to the old joke about LGBT comics doing "a solid half hour of material on all ONE of their favorite subjects..." )

And for the record, Kevin MacDonald was a funnier of member of Kids in the Hall than Scott Thompson was.
21683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 2/25/16

LITVoid wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

Welcome to LBGQWERTY and the "equal rights" movement. Where discrimination is being justified in the same way that slave owners justified owning slaves.

While this doesn't surprise me it sickens me.

> Implying that whites are one unitary group


Just out of curiosity, ignoring the fact that I disagree with this stunt by this comedy event, what the hell does any of this have to do with the LGBT movement? Is it because they're charging straight males more? Does that tie the LGBT movement to this event or something? I'm legitimately confused as to this club doing a shit thing remotely involves the greater LGBT movement.


It' pretty obvious who they are supporting. People they consider too "normal" are being locked out while they are specifically promoting LBGQWERTY. The problem is that this isn't a one time or rare occurrence its become the norm for them.
423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
As always, SJWs are the most hardcore racists and sexists in the room.


Spencer said the difference in price was to mimic the gender pay gap between men and women, the Daily Caller reported. The difference in price is 77 percent.

The gender pay gap doesn't actually exist. Women are paid less because of the choices they make, and if companies could get away with paying women less they would be hiring as many women as possible to maximize their profits.
11027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/25/16
An adult, straight white male= less rights than anybody.
True story.
9388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Finland
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
"We need to solve racism and diversity problem by being...uhh...racists! No, wait, we can't be racist towards white cis men. We aren't racists! We are defeating Patriachy and saving the world!" /s

Since when did the equality train take an U-turn into the racist lane? The way these idiots are trying to go for diversity sounds like some poorly made satire/parody or something.
735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
While I'm all for equality, the problem is that this isn't equality. This is revengism (aka where minorities deprive the 'majority' of their rights as compensation for the 'majority' depriving the minorities of their rights for many years until recent decades). While I understand the concept of revengism, I do not agree with it since revengism is simply a form of bigotry (eventhough most revengists don't personally consider it bigotry). Ultimately, revengism (such as stuff like this) will do more harm to equal rights than good.
2490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 2/25/16 , edited 2/26/16
This literally falls perfectly in line with the satire I wrote for my English class today.

"Lets kick all the qualified white males from their jobs and replace them with unqualified minorities because nothing screams racial equality like white people being fired for being white."
37713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16
I'm pretty liberal and am all for supporting gay/minority rights, but this seems to go too far. It's one thing to encourage a diverse turnout, another to outright discriminate against white males. It promotes divisiveness more than diversity. As a straight white male it naturally raises my hackles, and perhaps that is the point. I think I get where they are coming from, but two wrongs do not make a right.

As an aside - what does randomly getting hit with a cinderblock have to do with all this?
Ejanss 
16823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16

D4nc3Style wrote:The Cinder Block Comedy festival — run by an all-female staff — is the brainchild of Festival Director Coree Spencer, who drew inspiration for the idea after she was severely injured from being hit by a flying cinder block on the Puslaki Bridge, according to an open letter on the festival’s website.


Yes, this.....does sound like an idea made by someone hit in the head with a heavy object years ago.

She also tried to start the Cinderblock All-Female NFL Fan-Fair, Auto Show and Three Stooges Film Festival, but....only three women showed up.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.