First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Should Threads About News Stories/Studies Be Closed If They Link To, Say Stormfront Or PrisonPlanet?
Dragon
58362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I did report mate, I also didn't escalate so save your self righteous spiel for somebody else. There is no crime to enjoy the show from a distance last time I checked the rules I agreed to.


Yes, I saw your reports, as I was the one who eventually responded to them.

My spiel was for others who do escalate/respond in that other thread and those like it, not specifically for you, but thanks for letting me know how you feel. I'll keep it in mind.
runec 
28280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

RazielofEnoch wrote:
Alex Jones has a nationally syndicated talk show, millions and millions of ppl listen to him everyday.......


Around 2m actually. He doesn't even break the top 10 in terms of syndicated radio. Subtract the people that are listening to see what crazy shit he says next and we're not exactly talking amazing numbers here. Sure, its nationally syndicated, but this is a nation of 318 million people we're talking.

Now Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, they get several million and thats more concerning than Jones. -.-






10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/26/16



Stormfront's issue at least goes beyond being a mere disreputable source. It's literally just a hive of neo-nazis.



Oh dear... well, it's probably the favourite website of some people on here then
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
Honestly, if you really want to use something for Stormfront, just take a screenshot instead of linking it. Problem solved right?
5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
You'll have to tell me how you counted his listeners, especially the ones that listen online. On the rare occasion I turn on his show, it's indeed to see what crazy shit he is saying, but I don't think number of listeners has to do with motivation for listening does it? Mr. Jones is under the impression that 20 million ppl listen to his show every week, which he bases on the live feed from his website, but he also thinks that chimeras are real, so who knows lol... He also has a lot of listeners outside the US, so it's out of 7 billionish not a few hundred million.

What concerns you about millions of people listening to Limbaugh or Beck? It's someones opinion and people listen for entertainment, who cares. I'm surprised it's Limbaugh and Beck that concern you, isn't Michael Savage infinitely more extreme?
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16
As long as the thread doesn't morph into a cesspool of drama, I don't see anything wrong with them. Quite a few potentially nasty threads died on their own, quietly.

I reject what is essentially an outright barring of oppositional views. I support allowing posters to determine the fates of threads by either morphing into a shitstorm, or ignoring the threads and dooming the flamebait to fade into obscurity. Sometimes, a strange balance between the two takes place.
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
"if those sites are banned why can't i ask for these other ones to also be banned?"

if he can have two cookies why can i only have one?

you should give me all the cookies instead
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
Well..I don't agree with their views obviously but do I think they should be banned from here? Nah. First Amendment and whatnot.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
am I being marked in a database somewhere just by being in this thread
Posted 2/26/16

Nogara-san wrote:

Well..I don't agree with their views obviously but do I think they should be banned from here? Nah. First Amendment and whatnot.


While I disagree with your reasoning I do not advocate banning them. Mainly because first amendment doesn't really apply to the forums. One might surmise that censorship as a result of the inner workings of a company rather than governing body is not censorship at all.
runec 
28280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

RazielofEnoch wrote:
Mr. Jones is under the impression that 20 million ppl listen to his show every week, which he bases on the live feed from his website, but he also thinks that chimeras are real, so who knows lol...


Yes, from his website. Which is streaming globally. His radio show is national. I can certainly believe there are several million paranoid lunatics on the planet trying to cleanse toxins with nano-zeolites or whatever it was.



RazielofEnoch wrote:
What concerns you about millions of people listening to Limbaugh or Beck? It's someones opinion and people listen for entertainment, who cares. I'm surprised it's Limbaugh and Beck that concern you, isn't Michael Savage infinitely more extreme?


Limbaugh concerns me because he is the most popular syndicated radio show bar none and he is a horrible human being. Beck is sort of Diet Infowars. Crazy but harmless. Savage I have not had much direct exposure too but now that you mention it and I look him up, yes, wow. What an asshole too.


14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16

runec wrote:


RazielofEnoch wrote:
Mr. Jones is under the impression that 20 million ppl listen to his show every week, which he bases on the live feed from his website, but he also thinks that chimeras are real, so who knows lol...


Yes, from his website. Which is streaming globally. His radio show is national. I can certainly believe there are several million paranoid lunatics on the planet trying to cleanse toxins with nano-zeolites or whatever it was.



RazielofEnoch wrote:
What concerns you about millions of people listening to Limbaugh or Beck? It's someones opinion and people listen for entertainment, who cares. I'm surprised it's Limbaugh and Beck that concern you, isn't Michael Savage infinitely more extreme?


Limbaugh concerns me because he is the most popular syndicated radio show bar none and he is a horrible human being. Beck is sort of Diet Infowars. Crazy but harmless. Savage I have not had much direct exposure too but now that you mention it and I look him up, yes, wow. What an asshole too.




personally I just can't for the life of me understand how anyone can put up with conservative talk radio. How can these radio hosts even stand it, living with this much negativity and embittered anger in their lives? It's just not a healthy outlook to have on life. Not conservatism, but an outlook of distilled pessimism and seemingly bottomless rancor. It's sort of emblematic of the issues that have consumed american news media and political discourse
runec 
28280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

vanguard1234523 wrote:
personally I just can't for the life of me understand how anyone can put up with conservative talk radio. How can these radio hosts even stand it, living with this much rancor negativity and embittered anger in their lives? It's just not a healthy outlook to have on life. Not conservatism, but an outlook of distilled utter pessimism and seemingly bottomless rancor.


I too wonder how Limbaugh is still alive among all of that frothing. I assume it is the same dark force that keeps Cheney with us.
5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
I'm sure a lot of ppl that listen to Rush don't share your opinion, while there are certainly plenty of ppl that do, but I think that's sort of the point of this entire form thread. The A-holes I hate are another person's best friend, and vice versa, so I don't really see a point in closing forum posts because they make people uncomfortable, or because there is some sort of perceived consensus that they are troll by nature. I can guarantee that I disagree with a lot of what is written in these forums, just as sure as there are lots of people here that will disagree with my own opinions, so I'd just assume not promote more stringent censorship.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/23/16
op nuked
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.