First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply 20 Years of Pokemon
2606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
My top 3 would be...
1) Ampharos
2) Lugia
3) Scyther
11738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:



Rosa for the win


6276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / MN
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
Pokemon was my first anime before I even knew what anime was and Ash was my first anime crush. I also used to draw Pikachu in my journal everday when I was in 2nd grade (we had journals and we had to draw something in them everyday) until my teacher told me to stop and draw something else and I still watch the anime with my brother
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/27/16

Kintor wrote:

There's no need for generalisations now, I'm talking about specific games and how times have changed. As a franchise Pokemon was never at the front of innovation, even compared to its JRPG peers in the mid-90s. Even so Pokemon wasn't that far behind the cutting edge, the limitations of the GameBoy's hardware certainly cut it some slack with the public. Yet now 20 years later Pokemon has fallen way behind the competition, a franchise that has remained static while the rest of the industry blazed ahead with the innovations that each new generation of hardware offered. The creation of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth represents a new apex in this trend; as a game Cyber Sleuth categorically outclasses Pokemon at every turn. The Digimon gameplay is more sophisticated, the Digimon graphics are more beautiful, the Digimon story is on a whole other level.


Hmm gone static,stale even according to you. And furthermore you claim Digimon is a much better game. And yet the sales figure seem to disagree with you. The general consensus disagrees with you , and hell I bet the metacritic rating disagrees with you. So exactly what reality is this fantasy of yours resting upon aside from your own opinion?
9127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
Happy 20 Aneversery Pokemon!!

Can't wait for to play Pokemon S&M later this year!


Seriously though... who thought of the naming...?
1519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/27/16 , edited 2/27/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19O5xm51dk

The game that started it all.

I remember watching the first season. And playing Pokémon Red and Blue and then stopped for some reason. Never got past the first 151 Pokémon.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/27/16

MightyMidgit wrote:

Happy 20 Aneversery Pokemon!!

Can't wait for to play Pokemon S&M later this year!


Seriously though... who thought of the naming...?


Blame the Japanese for being unaware even to this day about their English speaking audience.
Kintor 
20420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/27/16 , edited 2/27/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Hmm gone static,stale even according to you. And furthermore you claim Digimon is a much better game. And yet the sales figure seem to disagree with you. The general consensus disagrees with you , and hell I bet the metacritic rating disagrees with you. So exactly what reality is this fantasy of yours resting upon aside from your own opinion?

No offense but I've noticed that you've been unable to come-up with any argument against the fact that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is a better game. Really now, after two decades of stagnation it's easy for other JRPGs to surpass Pokemon. Obviously, being run on the hardware of the PS4 and Vita, Cyber Sleuth has much better visuals, making it the more beautiful game. Not to mention the gameplay mechanics run circles around Pokemon, the practise of Digivolution and De-Digivolution offers a level versatility and sophistication that Pokemon is simply lacking. Plus, Digimon has always had the better stories and Cyber Sleuth is no exception, the plot of this game is an equal to any Digimon anime, far surpassing the meagre efforts that constitute a plot in Pokemon games. In every respect Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth the edge by far.
7525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
20 years of Pokemon, and I've still never been able to catch a Chansey in the original game...ever...
51391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/16

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

20 years of Pokemon, and I've still never been able to catch a Chansey in the original game...ever...




It always feels good when you throw a safari ball at a Chansey and it actually works.
258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 2/27/16 , edited 2/27/16
Certainly a lot of good memories with Pokemon, I was a total fanatic some years ago when it was on fire in the U.S. I was saying on Twitter earlier today that I wished I still had my Gameboy so I could play Yellow.

Some Pokemon memories over the 20 years that stand out~

Going to see the first movie when it came out and being in the sold out theater

Collecting the cards trying to get the elusive Charizard.

Buying the album 2BeAMaster, which is hilarious in hindsight. XD

Becoming a total PokeShipper

Playing Pokemon Yellow in the cafeteria at lunch time and barely beating Giovanni (thank goodness for the best ice beam ever).

Leveling up my Yellow version team (Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pidgeot and Nidoking) to level 100s and mopping the floor with the Elite Four and Insert Rival Name Here.

By the way, does anyone else remember this commercial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
Nice to see them still beating this horse.

Still like vulpix.
9407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / UK
Online
Posted 2/27/16

TheNotoriousLID wrote:

Certainly a lot of good memories with Pokemon, I was a total fanatic some years ago when it was on fire in the U.S. I was saying on Twitter earlier today that I wished I still had my Gameboy so I could play Yellow.

Some Pokemon memories over the 20 years that stand out~

Going to see the first movie when it came out and being in the sold out theater

Collecting the cards trying to get the elusive Charizard.

Buying the album 2BeAMaster, which is hilarious in hindsight. XD

Becoming a total PokeShipper

Playing Pokemon Yellow in the cafeteria at lunch time and barely beating Giovanni (thank goodness for the best ice beam ever).

Leveling up my Yellow version team (Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pidgeot and Nidoking) to level 100s and mopping the floor with the Elite Four and Insert Rival Name Here.

By the way, does anyone else remember this commercial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM


I had to read this 3 times before I stopped seeing 'PokeStripper'...

...you put some seriously weird thoughts in my head...
145751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
Well seeing as I have been playing pokemon since the first Red and Blue games came out, its really not that surprising that its been 20 years.
423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ov3r th3 R4in|3o\/\/
Offline
Posted 2/27/16
Wow... I didn't know that already 20 years from the time Pikachu appears. I really love Pokemon, and I'm planning to watch all of the series when I have free time. Wishing Youtube will make them available. I also wish I can get my Pikachu's collection. Anyway, love all of the pokemons...

Happy 20th Anniversary!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.