First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Report: thousands of refugees 'disappear' after registering in Germany
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

It's been reported that many refugees never move into their intended accommodation after registering in Germany. It comes as Berlin tightens up laws regarding asylum.

Germany's "Süddeutsche Zeitung" daily reported on Friday that last year 13 percent of registered refugees never went to their planned shelter, equating to more than 130,000 people.

The newspaper based its report on a response from the federal Interior Ministry, requested by Germany's Left Party. The ministry listed possible reasons for the refugees' disappearance as asylum seekers continuing their journey to other countries or illegal activities.

According to the ministry, Germany is even less successful in sending refugees back to the EU state responsible for them. German authorities made a request to a European partner to take back refugees for only one in every ten applicants. In 2014, this was the case in every five refugees.

Under the Dublin Regulation, the state responsible for an asylum seeker is the country in which the person first set foot on EU soil. This system is set for an overhaul in the coming months, however, as it has proved unworkable. Figures last month showed Greece saw 21 times more migrants arrive on its shores than in January 2015.
Map showing Balkans route

Head of Germany's Federal Office for Migration (BAMF), Frank-Jürgen Weise, also said on Thursday in Berlin that there are currently up to 400,000 people in the country whose identities are unknown to authorities.

Germany passes new asylum regulations
Asylum Package II

The report on Friday came just a day after the Germany's parliament - the Bundestag - passed a package of tighter new laws on asylum.

The package, which will go to the German upper house, or Bundesrat, on Friday for a final vote, aims to help Germany cope with the massive influx of refugees, mostly from the Middle East and Africa, who have come to the country in recent months.

The legislation aims to speed up asylum procedures, making it easier to deport migrants whose claim to asylum has not been recognized by the German state.

The bill has received harsh criticism, however, due to a measure which will see asylum-seekers having to wait two years before they can have family members join them in Germany.

In 2015, Germany took in 1.1 million asylum-seekers, with many more expected to arrive in the coming years.


http://www.dw.com/en/report-thousands-of-refugees-disappear-after-registering-in-germany/a-19076196
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


It's been reported that many refugees never move into their intended accommodation after registering in Germany. It comes as Berlin tightens up laws regarding asylum.

Germany's "Süddeutsche Zeitung" daily reported on Friday that last year 13 percent of registered refugees never went to their planned shelter, equating to more than 130,000 people.

The newspaper based its report on a response from the federal Interior Ministry, requested by Germany's Left Party. The ministry listed possible reasons for the refugees' disappearance as asylum seekers continuing their journey to other countries or illegal activities.

According to the ministry, Germany is even less successful in sending refugees back to the EU state responsible for them. German authorities made a request to a European partner to take back refugees for only one in every ten applicants. In 2014, this was the case in every five refugees.

Under the Dublin Regulation, the state responsible for an asylum seeker is the country in which the person first set foot on EU soil. This system is set for an overhaul in the coming months, however, as it has proved unworkable. Figures last month showed Greece saw 21 times more migrants arrive on its shores than in January 2015.
Map showing Balkans route

Head of Germany's Federal Office for Migration (BAMF), Frank-Jürgen Weise, also said on Thursday in Berlin that there are currently up to 400,000 people in the country whose identities are unknown to authorities.

Germany passes new asylum regulations
Asylum Package II

The report on Friday came just a day after the Germany's parliament - the Bundestag - passed a package of tighter new laws on asylum.

The package, which will go to the German upper house, or Bundesrat, on Friday for a final vote, aims to help Germany cope with the massive influx of refugees, mostly from the Middle East and Africa, who have come to the country in recent months.

The legislation aims to speed up asylum procedures, making it easier to deport migrants whose claim to asylum has not been recognized by the German state.

The bill has received harsh criticism, however, due to a measure which will see asylum-seekers having to wait two years before they can have family members join them in Germany.

In 2015, Germany took in 1.1 million asylum-seekers, with many more expected to arrive in the coming years.


http://www.dw.com/en/report-thousands-of-refugees-disappear-after-registering-in-germany/a-19076196


Hitler's back and his new themesong is back in black by ACDC and his Nazis is the boys are back in town ps don't buy the borscht or meat pies.
runec 
28346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
Any bets on how many pages before this one de-evolves enough to get closed? -.-
27283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 2/26/16
k so that's the news, what does it actually mean
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/26/16

nanikore2 wrote:

k so that's the news, what does it actually mean


DADDAMBIT women it means Hitler's back so hide'ja kidz hide'ja wife cuz everybuddiez gettin ethnically cleansed up in heyar!
27283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 2/26/16

52infinity wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

k so that's the news, what does it actually mean


DADDAMBIT women it means Hitler's back so hide'ja kidz hide'ja wife cuz everybuddiez gettin ethnically cleansed up in heyar!


this

is hilarious
Sogno- 
45762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/26/16
oops wrong potion
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
I thought Hitler was in America trying to kick out all of the brown and Latinos?





seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those folks met an untimely demise at the hands of some Neo Nazis. Aren't they on the upswing in Germany?



25147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16
Anyone seen that movie Hostel? Im 100% sure thats what going on here
Posted 2/26/16
SpoOoOoOoOoOoOky
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
Does this include economic migrants? If so then I'm assuming that they just went home because it's too cold in Germany.
14942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
Wow, people don't show up for their immigration hearings? Wow. Never would have thought that would occur
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 2/26/16 , edited 2/26/16
Goddammit Trump. He can't stay still.
23074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / sydney
Offline
Posted 2/26/16
could do what Australia does and offer them a cash incentive to go home, even if it means they start the process again with the money,(norm 2-3 months or more) it gets them out of our pocket, and our hair. To house them in facilities and feed, provide health care all under a watchful eye of the UN, no thank you, ship them home with money in their pocket and watch them all leave, The true refugees wont leave no matter the money and will go through the hardships expected of a refugee. Economic migrants will find a honey pot else where if you throw sparkly things at them. If they are willing to lie about their status for money or a "better life" chances are they will lie about the thefts/rapes/assaults, and lets not forget to mention the outright nonconformity to a nations ways, instead demanding their own laws because they are a minority.
Posted 2/27/16
Is this supposed to shock me or mean something to me in some way? Because I honestly see no reason to care about this.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.