First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What country produces the best automobile?
554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
Japan.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

There are some Japanese gems, but Toyota single-handedly knocks Japan out of the race

I like Italian.


Really you're going to judge an entire country on a single producer. In that case Europe is utterly overpriced trash that performs nowhere near it's price point. And the last time North America produced anything worthwhile in the automotive department shooting Germans was everyone's favorite past time.


When exactly did I tout USA vehicles as "the best?" I don't care about Euro cars all that much, either. I didn't pick Japan. It's MY answer, not your's. I found reasons to narrow down my choices. If you really want to twist this into something personal, that's entirely on you.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

aeb0717 wrote:

[

When exactly did I tout USA vehicles as "the best?" I don't care about Euro cars all that much, either. I didn't pick Japan. It's MY answer, not your's. I found reasons to narrow done my choices. If you really want to twist this into something personal, that's entirely on you.


Mate Italy is in Europe, hell it's part of the EU to boot.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
Japan. Reliable, cheap and classy.
Posted 2/29/16
I have 2 cars my Toyota corolla great on gas and my Bmw. I like them both
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

[

When exactly did I tout USA vehicles as "the best?" I don't care about Euro cars all that much, either. I didn't pick Japan. It's MY answer, not your's. I found reasons to narrow done my choices. If you really want to twist this into something personal, that's entirely on you.


Mate Italy is in Europe, hell it's part of the EU to boot.


Would you believe me if I said that the only reason I chose Italy is because I want a Bughatti? I don't consider it reasonable to expect most anyone to have the necessary research on hand to make a factual decision on "the best," so I didn't bother with pretending to know the truth.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Online
Posted 2/29/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Would you believe me if I said that the only reason I chose Italy is because I want a Bughatti? I don't consider it reasonable to expect most anyone to have the necessary research on hand to make a factual decision on "the best," so I didn't bother with pretending to know the truth.


A Bugatti is French btw.


Ranwolf wrote:

Ya'd be surprised what ya can get away. Leastwise in B.C, especially since they got rid of Air Care requirements. Before I needed a bunch of horsepower killing crap to pass the tests Air Care used. Still got 700+ hp out of most of my rides though. Now shit I could probably get 900 or more hp out of a car if felt like it.

Might buy my section mate's R34 and see. Dropping that kind of cash for mere curiosity is a bit much though.


Sometimes you just gotta go for it, like my friend who really wants an AE86, it's impractical in every way but he has a desire. Hell, I might pick up a Mk3 Supra Turbo just to see what happens, I'm moving to Italy for a bit though, so that might not happen for awhile. Older cars are always a risk, but can be rewarding.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Would you believe me if I said that the only reason I chose Italy is because I want a Bughatti? I don't consider it reasonable to expect most anyone to have the necessary research on hand to make a factual decision on "the best," so I didn't bother with pretending to know the truth.


I assuming this is the Veyron, mechanically it's an interesting car what with it's basically two V8s smashed together but it far too much flash and not enough substance. Specially for the asking price. I could build the damn thing for half it's asking price and probably make some much needed changes to it.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

byClear wrote:



Sometimes you just gotta go for it, like my friend who really wants an AE86, it's impractical in every way but he has a desire. Hell, I might pick up a Mk3 Supra Turbo just to see what happens, I'm moving to Italy for a bit though, so that might not happen for awhile. Older cars are always a risk, but can be rewarding.


Sometimes ya do, would mean getting rid of my Evo 10 though, my apartment came with only one parking spot.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Middle of the De...
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
the skyline lit asf and was made in japan
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

byClear wrote:

A Bugatti is French btw.


Some site said Italian, another said German. I haven't found one that says they're French yet.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I assuming this is the Veyron, mechanically it's an interesting car what with it's basically two V8s smashed together but it far too much flash and not enough substance. Specially for the asking price. I could build the damn thing for half it's asking price and probably make some much needed changes to it.


I fell for the Galibier concept, actually. Too bad the idea was shot down. I have my fingers crossed of them picking it up again.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Online
Posted 2/29/16

aeb0717 wrote:


byClear wrote:

A Bugatti is French btw.


Some site said Italian, another said German. I haven't found one that says they're French yet.


Well Ettore Bugatti was Italian born, founded the car company in France (well it was technically Germany, but the two World Wars mean that it's actually France), and they were bought out by Volkswagen in the late 90s. So, I guess we're technically all right lol.
36428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Land of the Free
Offline
Posted 3/1/16
Sweden.

1435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Here
Offline
Posted 3/1/16
I don't know much about cars, but I know I loved driving my Subaru. So I picked Japan just for that reason.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.