First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
So i got banned....
5129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
it's a private forum dude
1481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

I don't think you know what freedom of speech means.
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16
Oh look, someone else who who got banned. Why are you surprised? Do stupid crap and you will get banned. Its not hard to understand.

Its amusing how some people bring up the fact they got banned like they're proud of it.
Whats so brilliant about being stopped from using a site you want to use?
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

dotsforlife wrote:


Lifthrasir wrote:

funny how people hold onto free speech like it's their pride.

it's actually pathetic.


That's a nice way to insult the men and women in the armed forces who uphold that for you...

Good thing that's pathetic right?


They chose to be in the armed forces.
And how does occupying the middle east uphold our freedom of speech? It doesn't.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Scooty-Bby wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:


Lifthrasir wrote:

funny how people hold onto free speech like it's their pride.

it's actually pathetic.


That's a nice way to insult the men and women in the armed forces who uphold that for you...

Good thing that's pathetic right?


They chose to be in the armed forces.
And how does occupying the middle east uphold our freedom of speech? It doesn't.


The terrorists can't kill us if we're killing them DUH, top kek.
36966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
Banned for trolling? From what I read OP, that's seem to be the case.
6748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

52infinity wrote:


Lifthrasir wrote:


will do

You're excersizing that rite now as a fail troll the only defferance is a mod will say bad boy to u here but irl someone would knock the whine back pyss out of you.


sorry to say.. but, you don't know the difference between a sock and a cake.
if i go by your logic, i'm a troll and you must be god.
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Lifthrasir wrote:


52infinity wrote:


Lifthrasir wrote:


will do

You're excersizing that rite now as a fail troll the only defferance is a mod will say bad boy to u here but irl someone would knock the whine back pyss out of you.


sorry to say.. but, you don't know the difference between a sock and a cake.
if i go by your logic, i'm a troll and you must be god.


Yea that's right because "if" you're a troll and not just some morron then i'm your audience ergo your world or aka your God...
6748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

..

-takes of sip of water-

wow, you exist.
i'm done here.
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Lifthrasir wrote:


..

-takes of sip of water-

wow, you exist.
i'm done here.


Yea I'm so sure...
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16
My god, I keep saying this over and over......YOU DO NOT HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AS GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION AND WHAT NOT. Why? Because it is a private forum. Much like an association, they can choose who uses it and who doesn't, albeit some restrictions may apply. This isn't one of those times.



Scooty-Bby wrote:

Oh look, someone else who who got banned. Why are you surprised? Do stupid crap and you will get banned. Its not hard to understand.

Its amusing how some people bring up the fact they got banned like they're proud of it.
Whats so brilliant about being stopped from using a site you want to use?


I don't know, but seeing as I have a fanclub, it must be working.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

runec wrote:


zinjashike wrote:
There is the concept of free speech, then there's the right that relates to the government (the First Amendment). You do realize this correct? Censorship can legally be done by private pressure groups, censorship when performed by the government in comparison is unconstitutional.


Putting aside your meaningless condescension for a second:


That's some delicious two faced hypocrisy after you did that to OP.


Your point is still irrelevant. This is a private forum and we all agreed to certain terms in order to participate as members of it.


Now this is a poor attempt at saving face. If I were you I'd be hiding in your soapbox from embarrassment. I've already address legality, so why do you feel the need to address it again as if you're making a brand new point? Talk about an exercise in redundancy.


Don't pull out a soapbox when you know full well what you're about to say has no bearing on the context of the topic.


Oh how dare I point out your flawed logic. Now you're simply trying to talk away points like they aren't related without any real counter-argument.

I already said CR can legally censor and has no requirement to fulfill speech, but my point was on why communities should. It's perfectly within context and regardless really not for you to decide if it is/isn't.


A_RandomGuy wrote:


I don't think you know what freedom of speech means.


Freedom of speech is actually a concept. The first amendment in the US protects citizens from having the government restrict it - there is no such protections from private entities or other pressures. So saying CR does not value freedom of speech is not necessarily wrong as they aren't citing constitutional amendments as guaranteed protections.
28218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

zinjashike wrote:
That's some delicious two faced hypocrisy after you did that to OP.


Hence the term "meaningless".



zinjashike wrote:
Now this is a poor attempt at saving face. If I were you I'd be hiding in your soapbox from embarrassment. I've already address legality, so why do you feel the need to address it again as if you're making a brand new point? Talk about an exercise in redundancy.


I have no need to save face. You brought up a point that has no bearing on the context of the topic. The op did not make a nuanced argument about the right vs the concept of free speech or how it relates to private internet forums. He whined about getting banned for breaking the rules and invoked free speech as a backhanded criticism of CR.

99% of the time when an American complains about their supposed freedom of speech being infringed over something stupid they are referring to the right. Not the concept. Do you really think, given the op''s post, that he was making any sort of nuanced commentary on the concept of free speech?



zinjashike wrote:
Oh how dare I point out your flawed logic. Now you're simply trying to talk away points like they aren't related without any real counter-argument.


There is no flaw in my logic. You are making an argument you yourself invented and just putting me on the other side of it.



zinjashike wrote:I already said CR can legally censor and has no requirement to fulfill speech, but my point was on why communities should. It's perfectly within context and regardless really not for you to decide if it is/isn't.


You specifically replied to my point about this being a private forum by bringing up the concept of freedom of speech instead of the right to freedom of speech. And acted like that proved something. It doesn't. This is still a private forum and there is still no right to the right or the concept of freedom of speech here.

Arguing semantics doesn't change anything and in no way invalids my point.
Posted 2/29/16
Didn't we already have a thread about this?
Anyways I got banned for calling some people faggots I think and I got banned for 1 month
I found the guy who reported me, it was some CR affiliate faggot and told him to fuck off, and got banned for an additional like 4 months I think
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
Just play nice on the forums.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.