First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Middle school students accused of poisoning Teachers Drink
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
Can we just drop nukes on Florida and write the whole state off?
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Can we just drop nukes on Florida and write the whole state off?


But then we'll lose all these entertaining articles.

Well there's always Ohio and California...
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

dotsforlife wrote:

But then we'll lose all these entertaining articles.

Well there's always Ohio and California...


True, well how about putting the whole state under a environmental dome and forbidding any ingoing or outgoing traffic so we keep the craziness in one place?
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


dotsforlife wrote:

But then we'll lose all these entertaining articles.

Well there's always Ohio and California...


True, well how about putting the whole state under a environmental dome and forbidding any ingoing or outgoing traffic so we keep the craziness in one place?


I vote we turn FL into a Hunger Games state.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

dotsforlife wrote:


I vote we turn FL into a Hunger Games state.


#KickstartFLHG
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
I'll visit them. I'll turn them into good imoutos.
You consider anyone under your age as imouto?
I guess you could get Florida-chan with you! (watch out she is dangerous)



6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

D4nc3Style wrote:


Three 12-year-old girls were arrested and charged with felonies after they put crushed red pepper flakes in their teacher's soda, police said.

Jayne Morgan, 52, who teaches language arts and English for non-native speakers at Deltona Middle School in Volusia County, Florida, said she pressed charges not realizing the students would be arrested and taken to custody.

Marjorie Garrido-Herrera wanted to get back at the teacher after she was sent to the principals office on Monday, and concocted the plan, which deputies considered a poisoning.

Garrido-Herrara, and Leisy Llanes-Pupo are charged with poisoning food or water and tampering with consumer products.

Cristal Tejeda-Castro is being charged with tampering with consumer products and being a principal to poisoning food or water.

All three were arrested and being held at the Volusia Regional Juvenile Detention Center.

Under Florida law it is illegal to add 'poison, bacterium, radioactive material, virus, or chemical compound' to food or drinks.

According to records, deputies considered any substance that interferes with normal body functions after it is consumed is considered a 'poison'.

Sherrif's spokesman Gary Davidson said: ''Our investigation confirmed that felony offenses were committed.'

According to him, Garrido-Herrara was upset that Morgan had sent her to the principal's office after she reportedly poured glue in a classmate's backpack and was suspected of stealing a laptop.

She wanted to vandalize Morgan's car, according to her arrest affidavit, but her friend convinced her it was a bad idea.

Garrido-Herrera then brought crushed red pepper flakes to school on Tuesday, and handed them to Llanes-Pupo, who poured the seasoning into Morgan's can of Mountain Dew.

Tejeda-Castro was enlisted to help distract the teacher.

Morgan drank the soda and experienced shortness of breath after her throat became scratchy. After a second sip, the 52-year-old poured the soda into a clear plastic cup and noticed the seasoning.

Morgan experienced stomach pains and a sore throat for the rest of the day, and told Channel 9 she almost died from an allergic reaction.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the teacher went to the school nurse, who said her blood pressure was higher than usual, but it was 'noticeably lower' when she checked it again 15 minutes later.

Morgan initially displayed remorse over how the situation was being handled, but then added the principal at the middle school school was supportive.

She told NBC: 'I want them to have a consequence that teaches them a lesson. I did not want them to be arrested and go to jail. I love my students. They broke my heart. My career won't be the same.'

The girls will also be disciplined by the school.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3467676/Three-12-year-old-girls-arrested-charged-felonies-putting-red-pepper-flakes-teacher-s-soda.html

These girls are off to a good start.


Ahhh the American dream. If you ask me the teachers deserve it because when I was in school they didn't care who was at fualt just so long as they could do as little work as possible etc... I harbor a strong-intense hatred of teachers and that's my bisnus.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
What is the country coming too when even food products are classified as poison

On the grand scale of things, adding red pepper to someone's drink is hilarious prank, not a criminal offense.



*That said, I was once involved in spiking the coffee grounds at work with crushed red pepper. Practical jokes were banned afterwards, as it was the Commanding Officer who came in early the next morning and brewed the first cup
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

Dariamus wrote:

What is the country coming too when even food products are classified as poison

On the grand scale of things, adding red pepper to someone's drink is hilarious prank, not a criminal offense.



*That said, I was once involved in spiking the coffee grounds at work with crushed red pepper. Practical jokes were banned afterwards, as it was the Commanding Officer who came in early the next morning and brewed the first cup


Ya ruined your CO's first cup of coffee, in the CAF people would have been lined up against a wall and shot for that kind of thing.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Dariamus wrote:

What is the country coming too when even food products are classified as poison

On the grand scale of things, adding red pepper to someone's drink is hilarious prank, not a criminal offense.



*That said, I was once involved in spiking the coffee grounds at work with crushed red pepper. Practical jokes were banned afterwards, as it was the Commanding Officer who came in early the next morning and brewed the first cup


Ya ruined your CO's first cup of coffee, in the CAF people would have been lined up against a wall and shot for that kind of thing.

Everyone took the issue very seriously for the next week. While he was in the room.

Seeing as I worked night shift, I was not present

39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
I knew a guy in high school that put a sticker IN a hamburger at McD's for
a cop to eat... He went to jail for a year... no lie. They called it poisoning too
like this case. People really should control themselves.
37409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
She's 12 years old and altering someone's drink, for revenge.... Imagine if this was in college? She probably would have added something more dangerous to the soda... Plus, she organized a plot, involving others to assist her...

Good heavens! She's a crime lord in the making! (<< Now I'm just being silly, however....)
runec 
28294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
.....red pepper flakes are considered "poison" in Florida...? Talk about stretching the letter of the law.

As for "almost died from an allergic reaction", really? I mean, really? >.>
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16
This is stupid squared.

How do you press charges and expect authorities not to take any action?

How do pepper flakes interfere with your body's functions? The soda itself is worse than the flakes...
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

Dariamus wrote:




Everyone took the issue very seriously for the next week. While he was in the room.

Seeing as I worked night shift, I was not present



You're lucky ya didn't have my 2nd LT has a CO, he would have broken each and everyone even possibly guilty and a few that were actually innocent.. He really likes his coffee.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.