Post Reply Re: Monster Discussion
215229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/29/16

http://myanimelist.net/manga/73271/Re_Monster

Plot Summary


Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated in the weakest goblin, named Goburou, after having undergone an unfortunate death. However Goburou has retained his previous life's memories, an unusual evolution, as well as becoming strong enough to gain status boosts from eating.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold with competent subordinates and comrades, delightful case of the tail-wagging dog..


Other Information

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Publishing
Published: Mar 27, 2014 to ?
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic
Authors: Kobayakawa, Haruyoshi (Art), Kanekiru, Kogitsune (Story)
Serialization: Alphapolis Web Manga



Been reading this and the LN version of this. It's basically a fantasy series about a guy who got reincarnated but now has to live his life in a new world of hazards, monsters, and daily dangers. There's mature content in this so be aware of that.

4666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 2/29/16
This looks alright from the previews. Anyone know if it's worth picking up?
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/29/16 , edited 2/29/16

octorockandroll wrote:

This looks alright from the previews. Anyone know if it's worth picking up?


It just got licensed today

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-29/seven-seas-licenses-re-monster-manga/.99234

I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I would definitely recommend it.
4666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 2/29/16

TheGreatHoneyBun wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

This looks alright from the previews. Anyone know if it's worth picking up?


It just got licensed today

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-29/seven-seas-licenses-re-monster-manga/.99234

I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I would definitely recommend it.


Awesome. Shame I have to wait until the end of the year to read it but hopefully it'll be worth it. It sounds pretty funny.
qwueri 
16460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 3/1/16
It leans pretty heavily on anime fantasy villain tropes, including the ecchi stuff. The cast is pretty flat in characterization, but big enough to distract from it. Overall a pretty decent bit of mindless entertainment from what I've read so far.
13064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/1/16
If you like your protagonists to be incredibly overpowered rulers of a harem and the other characters to be bland and practically characterless this is for you!

Otherwise, you should probably pass.
4666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 3/2/16

slightlyoff wrote:

If you like your protagonists to be incredibly overpowered rulers of a harem and the other characters to be bland and practically characterless this is for you!

Otherwise, you should probably pass.


Wait so what kind of genre is this manga even in? Upon seeing the OP's post I thought it was like a battle shounen or something but your comment makes it sound like a Dan Machi type thing and the wiki description calls it a "survival fantasy" I'll still probably check it out seeing as your post seems to be the only one I've seen that's all that negative so it's probably serviceable at worst but I'm really not sure what to expect now lol.
You must be logged in to post.