First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply ‘Soldiers of Allah’ to counter Soldiers of Odin in Norway
16723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

Next up Soldiers of Anubis vs Soldiers of Buddha


I wanna see that one.
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/3/16 , edited 3/3/16

moonhawk81 wrote:
Point 2--Per executive order 13688, the Federal government has begun taking back military-grade equipment that was issued to civilian police departments. (After all, the last thing you want when establishing a totalitarian government is a people with the means to fight back. . .)


They had no business having it in the first place being, you know, civilian departments. They don't have the training and clearly a fair amount don't have the common sense or restraint to not treat the gear as toys to roll out at the slightest provocation.

I'm okay with a SWAT team having an APC. I'm not okay with Sheriff Y'all-Qaeda having an APC.



Rujikin wrote:


kaprane wrote:

So the finnish group is branded with neo-nazis, huh? As a finnish guy who has seen them on a few occasions that's news to me.


Many people brand nationalists or anti-immigrants as NAZI's automatically over in America/Canada/Western-Europe without knowing anything about the group. What have you seen about that group since your actually in the country.


It's not automatic....it's right there in the article. The very thing we're talking about says they have links to Neo-Nazi groups. Even going beyond that, the guy that founded the group is a Neo-Nazi. Not called a Neo-Nazi by others, straight up refers himself as a Neo-Nazi. Dude even has a rap sheet for racially motivated attacks on people.

There's not much ambiguity here. -.-




Rujikin wrote:


Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

Next up Soldiers of Anubis vs Soldiers of Buddha


I wanna see that one.


Wasn't this almost sort of the plot of Gigantic Formula?




16723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

runec wrote:




Rujikin wrote:


Somewhat_Insane_Monkey wrote:

Next up Soldiers of Anubis vs Soldiers of Buddha


I wanna see that one.


Wasn't this almost sort of the plot of Gigantic Formula?






Never seen it. Sounds like something out of Stargate Sg-1.
41848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

runec wrote:


moonhawk81 wrote:
Point 2--Per executive order 13688, the Federal government has begun taking back military-grade equipment that was issued to civilian police departments. (After all, the last thing you want when establishing a totalitarian government is a people with the means to fight back. . .)


They had no business having it in the first place being, you know, civilian departments. They don't have the training and clearly a fair amount don't have the common sense or restraint to not treat the gear as toys to roll out at the slightest provocation.

I'm okay with a SWAT team having an APC. I'm not okay with Sheriff Y'all-Qaeda having an APC.


I politely disagree that civilian departments should be denied access to such equipment, especially in light of the increasing frequency of mass-casualty incidents involving heavily armed perps. Beyond that, I am both personally and professionally offended by your condescending accusation that we in local law enforcement lack common sense and the ability to be trained in new tactics and equipment. Whatever mistakes individual officers make, we as a group are trained, dedicated professionals and public servants.








17029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Soliders of Odin vs Soldiers of Love next
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
ISIS vs. Neo Nazis??


Imagine that.
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/3/16

moonhawk81 wrote:
I politely disagree that civilian departments should be denied access to such equipment, especially in light of the increasing frequency of mass-casualty incidents involving heavily armed perps. Beyond that, I am both personally and professionally offended by your condescending accusation that we in local law enforcement lack common sense and the ability to be trained in new tactics and equipment. Whatever mistakes individual officers make, we as a group are trained, dedicated professionals and public servants.


The whole reason the program was shut down was because of misuse of equipment. So it doesn't much matter if it offends you. Enough of your brethren couldn't use it properly and got the toys taken away. The police should not be deploying military hardware in situations where the military itself would not deploy said hardware. Which is why is its getting taken away. If the military is criticizing your methods and usage of their equipment, its time to give it back. You're not trained for it.

I mean, you're an officer, not a soldier and militarizing police forces is actually a surer sign of slipping into a totalitarian police state then taking said toys away.

As for the "outgunned" argument, that one is by no means recent. Thats an old one. Given that most mass shootings involve handguns and most mass shootings are with legally obtained weapons you're not facing down fully equipped modern infantry here. More firepower isn't going to fix the problem. Nor is a tank. Honestly, the solutions to mass shootings are mostly out of law enforcement's hands at this point and honestly, I can imagine that is incredibly frustrating as a dedicated police officer. As you're dealing with problems someone else is creating. But if a pile of dead children didn't change America's mind, I'm afraid nothing is going too.

But simply adding yet more force to the equation isn't going to solve it. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think you should be forced to take on an active shooter with nothing but a 9mm glock and a prayer. You should have something bigger in the trunk if you absolutely need to intervene without back up. The problem is this isn't the scenario where some officers have been deploying said bigger things. They've been rolling up on protesters and the like. If a snapshot of a protest in America looks like a confrontation in a third world country then something's gone wrong here.

Finally, for the "bad apple" argument. As far as American policing goes that just doesn't hold any water anymore these days. The level of shit officers are being caught doing and have done is a systemic problem. Not a random "few bad apples" one. I am sure you're a fine officer yourself, and sure maybe everyone in your department is too. But you're just not the norm in modern America, I'm sorry to say. Its almost never "one bad apple" it always ends up going back to the department.



28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/3/16

Rujikin wrote:
Never seen it. Sounds like something out of Stargate Sg-1.


Its a little hard to describe. Its more like World Mecha Gladiators? It was a half way decent show as I recall. Kinda cringeworthy CGI though.
13575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Sounds dangerous.
3047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

Rujikin wrote:


kaprane wrote:

So the finnish group is branded with neo-nazis, huh? As a finnish guy who has seen them on a few occasions that's news to me.


Many people brand nationalists or anti-immigrants as NAZI's automatically over in America/Canada/Western-Europe without knowing anything about the group. What have you seen about that group since your actually in the country.


Also for your dark Finnish humor:


My first hand experiences are just a bunch of people wearing black hoodies marching around, nothing more. They've been harassed and provoked by a group called "loldiers of odin" wearing clown costumes during their marches but that's about it. Nothing has escalated to violence yet.

There's some videos of this in youtube, but there's no subtitles or anything so it probably doesn't make any sense to someone who isn't a native finnish speaker. I guess this video will show what it was like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCJEOa6f_sY

I haven't really haven't researched or talked to them enough to form a clear opinion but the majority of them just seem to be normal people who don't want any more refugees. The media is very pro-refugee and it likes to trample on them every chance they get, so any violence they would commit would reach headlines pretty fast.

The police obviously doesn't like them because their presence is provoking by itself. I guess sooner or later there will be violent clashes, don't know if it's with the pro-immigration groups or refugees.


runec wrote:



Rujikin wrote:


kaprane wrote:

So the finnish group is branded with neo-nazis, huh? As a finnish guy who has seen them on a few occasions that's news to me.


Many people brand nationalists or anti-immigrants as NAZI's automatically over in America/Canada/Western-Europe without knowing anything about the group. What have you seen about that group since your actually in the country.


It's not automatic....it's right there in the article. The very thing we're talking about says they have links to Neo-Nazi groups. Even going beyond that, the guy that founded the group is a Neo-Nazi. Not called a Neo-Nazi by others, straight up refers himself as a Neo-Nazi. Dude even has a rap sheet for racially motivated attacks on people.

There's not much ambiguity here. -.-





He's also told that his personal beliefs don't have anything to do with the group itself. He founded the group in Kemi with a small population, but it "caught wind" because there was already a critical mass existing within the population of the entire country that felt threatened and/or wanted to stop the migrant flood. He's only the "leader" in Kemi region, other regions have their own leaders so the group itself is very loosely unified.
37281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
Soldiers of Odin? Do they still worship Odin over there?
28192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/5/16

kaprane wrote:
He's also told that his personal beliefs don't have anything to do with the group itself. He founded the group in Kemi with a small population, but it "caught wind" because there was already a critical mass existing within the population of the entire country that felt threatened and/or wanted to stop the migrant flood. He's only the "leader" in Kemi region, other regions have their own leaders so the group itself is very loosely unified.


Yes, I'm sure being a Neo-Nazi and a member of the Nordic Resistance Movement ( You know, an anti-immigrant white power group ) totally had nothing to do with him founding an anti-immigrant street patrol. I'm sure it was genuinely out of the good of his heart for his supposedly terrified countrymen.

As for organization, they're organized enough to kick out a guy in the article for causing bad PR.


34946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Well somebody didn't do their homework before trying to act all snarky. The Soldiers of Odin originate in Finland where several of their members including top leadership have openly professed their Nazi ideals and facisits preferences. Not surprising though for a country that willinging helped the Nazis during world war 2 and had a whole branch of the SS devoted to them.


In fairness, Finland became co-belligerents with Germany to avoid being dragged into the Soviet Union. They had refused to join when the USSR was first forming, instead establishing a sovereign republic, so Stalin's claims that he just wanted a path through the Finnish countryside to Germany were reasonably met with suspicion. When the baskets of bread Stalin started dropping in Finland turned out to have a tendency to explode all bets were off. Finland could either become co-belligerents with Germany or it could cease to exist as a sovereign nation.
15259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
Soldiers of Odin vs Soldiers of Allah.

Sounds like a contemporary episode of Deadliest Warrior.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

dragontackle wrote:

If these guys choose to identify with ISIS then fuck that shit, send every single one of them back to their desert shithole.
Yes atleast some of them, some just think its fine and abuse the rights that they gained trying to do evil things an


Ranwolf wrote:

Rujikin wrote:
How are they a NAZI group? I don't see any hailing or Swastikas. They sound like a pro-norse group.

Well somebody didn't do their homework before trying to act all snarky. The Soldiers of Odin originate in Finland where several of their members including top leadership have openly professed their Nazi ideals and facisits preferences. Not surprising though for a country that willinging helped the Nazis during world war 2 and had a whole branch of the SS devoted to them.
For Ruji, I think atleast some of them got some of that neo-nazi (hatred/anger to how they act with their group to begin with atleast they can be more friendly then isis "supporters") that actually use signs of real terrorists and has some "support" of some of what they do like seeing the France terrorist attack as a way for peace.. as that would mean peace and like Alte said "it would be bad if they try to convert us" or something like that.
As either comes with good intent some worse then others.

Ranwolf what country do you talk about that "helped out the nazi's/germans"?

GrandMasterTime wrote:
Sounds dangerous.
yeah or it will be sooner after they start to grown in both members and extreme thoughts about eachother.
its like A gang vs B gang all over agian XP

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:
ISIS vs. Neo Nazis??
Imagine that.
Who said they where neo nazi's?
and not really IS but people that support them atleast.

runec wrote:

KarenAraragi wrote:
They are going to kill each other, aren't they?

Assuming this isn't just trolling ( The ISIS flag on a hoodie seems idiotic even for nutjobs ) or a bait article ( there's an awful lot of "claiming" instead of actual journalism here )
Mostly real atleast from what I know as its not a rare thing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.