First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Mitt Romney calls out Donald Trump
38036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Tons of people change their names for all kinds of reasons. That's not really a valid reason to point out, if you're going to denounce someone. "He can't be president because he changed the spelling of his last name" is not something that would disqualify him.

Romney uses his real name, and he still doesn't qualify to be president.... Nor does he qualify to act like he's on some moral high ground. He ridicules Trump (T. R. U. M. P.) for not building his business empire, but didn't Romney make his money by buying companies, and then tearing them down and selling off the pieces, thus putting thousands of people out of work?
17747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

Ejanss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Ejanss wrote:Well, even the "honesty"'s a bit in question when we still haven't resolved the Heard-of-KKK issue, whether the government is "keeping" his tax records secret (Fat Tony who?), and...I mean, at least Romney was Mitt's real name!


Huh? What do mean real name?



ran76 wrote:

#MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain


(Google it.)

Oh fucking great we are going to have more birther level shit this election too. Good job John you just created the same thing you were condemning with Obama....





17099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

dotsforlife wrote:

While I don't argue what he's saying, the hypocrisy of one politcian "calling out" another is hilarious to me.


especially when it's Mitt Romney of all people

17099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

bethos30 wrote:

I am really enjoying these weekly political soap operas from the candidates. Btw, my favorite character is Trump. Hope he wins in the next episode of this series. Oh, wait this is real life..fuck it..still voting for him.




You know, if he did get in though, he couldn't do half the stuff that he's been promising to do anyway because of laws. At least the Senate can hold him off. I'd be more scared of a Cruz presidency.
17747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

Nogara-san wrote:


bethos30 wrote:

I am really enjoying these weekly political soap operas from the candidates. Btw, my favorite character is Trump. Hope he wins in the next episode of this series. Oh, wait this is real life..fuck it..still voting for him.




You know, if he did get in though, he couldn't do half the stuff that he's been promising to do anyway because of laws. At least the Senate can hold him off. I'd be more scared of a Cruz presidency.


Imagine Hilary for president! She would do.... She promised..... She's a woman at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793in931gHg
17099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16 , edited 3/3/16

Rujikin wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


bethos30 wrote:

I am really enjoying these weekly political soap operas from the candidates. Btw, my favorite character is Trump. Hope he wins in the next episode of this series. Oh, wait this is real life..fuck it..still voting for him.




You know, if he did get in though, he couldn't do half the stuff that he's been promising to do anyway because of laws. At least the Senate can hold him off. I'd be more scared of a Cruz presidency.


Imagine Hilary for president! She would do.... She promised..... She's a woman at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793in931gHg


Meh. Screw her forever.

I was hoping it'd be Warren. She's cooler. Shit, I'd would've rather have had Fiorina even though she's a batshit crazy prolifer.
15139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/16 , edited 3/3/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

Tons of people change their names for all kinds of reasons. That's not really a valid reason to point out, if you're going to denounce someone. "He can't be president because he changed the spelling of his last name" is not something that would disqualify him.

Romney uses his real name, and he still doesn't qualify to be president.... Nor does he qualify to act like he's on some moral high ground. He ridicules Trump (T. R. U. M. P.) for not building his business empire, but didn't Romney make his money by buying companies, and then tearing them down and selling off the pieces, thus putting thousands of people out of work?


At this point, I think the Trump-defending "Sure he's bad, but someone else was WORSE, so we're even!" messenger-shooting argument was best and first countered by your old elementary-school third-grade teacher--To wit:

"We're not talking about what The Other Kids in Class did...We're talking about what you did."
Wihl 
24304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Lagrangian Librat...
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Mitt Romney is a republican stooge.
50342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Trump is doing so well because people are fed with the establishment politicians. That's what Romney and the base don't understand. Mind you he is not just getting republican votes a lot of democrats are voting for him too.
7580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

Madhatter8 wrote:

Trump is doing so well because people are fed with the establishment politicians. That's what Romney and the base don't understand. Mind you he is not just getting republican votes a lot of democrats are voting for him too.


Trump is doing so well because too many people mistake the real Trump for the Trump on The Apprentice. It's like Eastwood and Arnold; most people didn't care what platforms they were running on they just voted for their celebrity. They just sit back and expect him to fire everyone in the government he sees as bad for the country. Too bad it doesn't work that way.
15139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/16 , edited 3/3/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

Tons of people change their names for all kinds of reasons. That's not really a valid reason to point out, if you're going to denounce someone. "He can't be president because he changed the spelling of his last name" is not something that would disqualify him.


No, but the alleged and still unverified Mob and Klan connections would. The name-change thing is just quick and ready shorthand for "Uhh, yeah, anything ELSE you haven't bothered to tell us yet, Don? "


neugenx wrote:Trump is doing so well because too many people mistake the real Trump for the Trump on The Apprentice. It's like Eastwood and Arnold; most people didn't care what platforms they were running on they just voted for their celebrity. They just sit back and expect him to fire everyone in the government he sees as bad for the country. Too bad it doesn't work that way.


And nice to see that the big revolutionary push to vote for "Da Governator" ultimately worked out so well for California's economy...Who needs legislatory experience, when you've got a reputation for Moxie?
50342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
Well put neugenx, its to bad it doesn't work like that because there should be a lot politicians fired. And its to bad that he gets all this recognition from the apprentice, that's probably more than 50 percent of his votes. But hopefully if he gets in he surrounds himself with the right people.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Fukushima
Offline
Posted 3/3/16 , edited 3/3/16
I don't understand why the other Republican candidates didn't attack Trump with stuff like:
He went bankrupt four times -> not a great businessman
He inherited the money from his dad, his small loan of one million dollars is a joke -> not selfmade
His products/ties are made in China -> Hypocrite about his Apple etc statements
He hired immigrant workers to build Trump Tower -> Hypocrite again
Self funding lie, he only went against the establishment after they rejected him -> Pretends to be against the system
..
And the list could go on and on, repeat this things which aren't even really lies and he would lose (You can google most of my statements and see that I didn't make them up just to bash him)

If the mainstream U.S media did its job, he wouldn't be rising so high now, fact checking him on torture and many other statements he made etc. Too bad Fox News etc is popular
50342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
The problem is the news media on both sides are effin joke. The problem is fox news is the only republican news outlet on TV. With all the other channels are democrat leaning. So while you have multiple stations reporting from a democrat point of view, you dont hear the real important stories and all the facts behind them, you have your viewers spread out making the ratings subpar. As fox news goes you have every republican leaning watching and they dont bring up how Trump is a hypocrite. In the political world its classified as a flip flopper, and most politicians flip flop on stuff.
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA, East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/3/16
my favorite thing about it is that in an interview later today Donald Trump was like "If I had asked him [four years ago] to get on his knees he would have"

LOL shots FIRED
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.