First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Mitt Romney calls out Donald Trump
Sogno- 
45726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/16

Totalis wrote:

my favorite thing about it is that in an interview later today Donald Trump was like "If I had asked him [four years ago] to get on his knees he would have"

LOL shots FIRED


wow dis man dont play
37409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

RadioactiveJapanese wrote:

I don't understand why the other Republican candidates didn't attack Trump with stuff like:
He went bankrupt four times -> not a great businessman
He inherited the money from his dad, his small loan of one million dollars is a joke -> not selfmade
His products/ties are made in China -> Hypocrite about his Apple etc statements
He hired immigrant workers to build Trump Tower -> Hypocrite again
Self funding lie, he only went against the establishment after they rejected him -> Pretends to be against the system
..
And the list could go on and on, repeat this things which aren't even really lies and he would lose (You can google most of my statements and see that I didn't make them up just to bash him)

If the mainstream U.S media did its job, he wouldn't be rising so high now, fact checking him on torture and many other statements he made etc. Too bad Fox News etc is popular


The thing is that that sword swings both ways. If the news only did that to Trump, then it would rightfully be said that the news has a bias, and is not giving balanced, and neutral reporting. The same things that are said of Trump would certainly apply to the other candidates. They are all crooks. All of them have dirt on them. I would shut out a news source that only concentrated on negative reporting on only a single candidate. And that is exactly what Fox is doing. Fox has no credibility when it comes to unbiased, news reporting. CNN too.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M / Fukushima
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

DeadlyOats wrote:


RadioactiveJapanese wrote:

I don't understand why the other Republican candidates didn't attack Trump with stuff like:
He went bankrupt four times -> not a great businessman
He inherited the money from his dad, his small loan of one million dollars is a joke -> not selfmade
His products/ties are made in China -> Hypocrite about his Apple etc statements
He hired immigrant workers to build Trump Tower -> Hypocrite again
Self funding lie, he only went against the establishment after they rejected him -> Pretends to be against the system
..
And the list could go on and on, repeat this things which aren't even really lies and he would lose (You can google most of my statements and see that I didn't make them up just to bash him)

If the mainstream U.S media did its job, he wouldn't be rising so high now, fact checking him on torture and many other statements he made etc. Too bad Fox News etc is popular


The thing is that that sword swings both ways. If the news only did that to Trump, then it would rightfully be said that the news has a bias, and is not giving balanced, and neutral reporting. The same things that are said of Trump would certainly apply to the other candidates. They are all crooks. All of them have dirt on them. I would shut out a news source that only concentrated on negative reporting on only a single candidate. And that is exactly what Fox is doing. Fox has no credibility when it comes to unbiased, news reporting. CNN too.


I mean in this presidential debates, etc, why don't they ask him there more often about this kind of questions instead of the petty and weak ones because he will threaten to not appear like with Fox News once or what ?
They may all have dirt on them, but some have more and some less I believe, so it's not wrong to ask him or other candidates this kind of questions, I just gave Trump as example because this here is a thread about Romney calling him out and it still puzzles me how America can think so highly of him but that's how the system works in America I guess. I'm for the News fact checking every presidential candidate and asking them tougher questions, the news medias shouldn't be the lap dogs of the government, they should be the watchdogs and I don't see that at least not from the main stream media, I would even rather vote for an independant party than the two mainstream ones but the two party system ruins that again.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
LOL someone is taking Trump seriously now

I love it when people get so flustered over Trump

The more s*t he stirs up, the better the show!

C'mon, just enjoy the fun until Hillary is elected and we're in for at least another 4 years of same ole politics
9802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 3/4/16
I'm pretty sure that this election was covered by Robin Williams in "Man of the Year." I wonder if it's intentional.
3488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
Third party run for Mitt?
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:

Third party run for Mitt?


Yes we need some dullness to balance all the excitement that's been going on
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

For decades the Republican party has done nothing but broker deals with corporations. They're trying to give the Internet to Comcast and AT&T, for example. Trying to kill Net Neutrality. They've made it possible for big pharmaceutical corporations to gouge Americans, and making the cost of healthcare in the United States so high, that many Americans can't afford it, so they get sicker and sicker. They are the creators of The Patriot Act, and of Homeland Security. They have been chipping away at our civil liberties, slowly transforming the United States into a police state, and have been giving giant corporations more and more control over individuals. Allowing banks to become "too big to fail", then bailing them out at the cost of individual Americans' losing everything.

They have done all of this, and more - all with a straight, and dignified face. Those politicians are some of the crookedest. Accepting "campaign donations" from large corporations to make laws that leaves Americans with less and less, while giving it to the corporations. There used to be a time when being middle class was worth something. Middle class is now the new poor, and being poor has degraded to being destitute, in the United States. Invisible ceilings, set in place by the wealthy elite and the giant corporations that keep the vast major of Americans, and small businesses from rising above the artificial barriers that have been set in place by the Republican party, with convoluted tax laws that favour the wealthy elite and giant corporations. All of it done, with dignity, and with good manners.

Trump may be an ass, but at least he's honest about it. The Republican party fears Trump, not because he's an ass, but because he's threatening to rock the comfy, cushy money lined boat that the Republican politicians have enjoyed riding in for decades. Frankly, I hope he capsizes their boat, so that the dirty money these politicians have been accepting from lobbyists from giant corporations and their lobbyists, will float around them in the water, exposing how dirty Mitt Romney and his Republican political cronies really are.

(The Democrats and that crooked Hilary Clinton are no better, but I'm focusing on the Republican Party right now). Just so that you know, I'm a former Reagan Republican. I left the Republican Party and became an Independent. I left, when I saw time after time, all avenues for individuals to rise and make a place for themselves closed to regular folk, to allow giant corporations the right of way... Sure, an American can start a business, work his ass off to get his business growing, but as soon as his business hits the radars of his giant competitors, they manoeuvre to steal his clients and his business. All made legal, thanks to the deals the Republican politicians and the lobbyists have made.

Examples? Software start-ups that create real useful and popular software. The giants, Microsoft, Apple, Oracle, etc, send cease and desist letters threatening lawsuits for patent infringement. They hold patents on ideas, but no software that fits the description. They're called Patent Torpedoes. Either the small software start up is forced to sell their business and their hard work to the giant corporation, or they just crumble and go under.

Another example? Walmart. Moves into a community, and dozens, if not hundreds of small businesses go under shortly thereafter. We used to have high paying factory jobs. Where did those go? We used to be able to save up for our retirements... What happened to that? We used to be able to start a business that grew to be a huge and well known name. We can't do that any more without the giant corporations blocking, forcing us to sell, or otherwise suing us out of business.

You don't think there are barriers keeping Americans from starting up a business? Then why can't a new communications company start up without it getting eaten up by AT&T or Sprint, or Comcast? Either eaten up, or just run out of business, when AT&T suddenly decides to cut their rates, and run a campaign advertising stupid low prices. Then when either the new competitor sells out, or goes under, the prices go back up. Google is a freakin' giant, and it's having trouble trying to start up it's communications business in AT&T's territory. What makes you think a group of entrepreneurs can do it? They can't! The Republican politicians have given AT&T and it's friends, not competitors, the communications industry. That's why there are no other companies around for you to switch to.

Oh crap! I typed way more than I had intended....

The point is, Mitt Romney and his Republican hypocrites can act all dignified and act like they have morals, but they don't. They're just as crooked and deceptive as Trump. It's just that Trump is not in their club, and he's rocking their boat. A vote for Trump is a vote to capsize their money boat.


This is all on point. The telecom situation in particular annoys me. They have setup a legal minefield to stop competition which is why even Google is taking it slowly despite all of the dark fiber available.

I am a firm believer in "follow the money" when it comes to elections and the only two I trust based off of that is Sanders and Trump. If we can't have Sanders I'm hoping Trump can be a shock to the system that wakes everyone up and gets them to pay attention to what is going on. Maybe one day people will actually care enough to properly research candidates at all levels, not just president.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16
Wait. So the guy who flouted tradition by releasing only a very limited amount of tax information, declared he had to go to women's groups in order to find eligible female cabinet members and that they had brought him binders full of women, claimed that 47% of the US population were lazy good-for-nothings who expected everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, and who faced extensive criticism for his role in major outsourcing operations has decided the best way for him to attack Trump is to point out that Trump has engaged in ethically questionable business practices, has damning information about him hidden in his tax records, is out of touch with women, and is playing the middle and lower class of the US for saps.

Romney, you seem to think people can't remember as far back as 2012. We can.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

Dubnoman wrote: and am upset millions of Americans love the guy and keep eating up everything he says and does.
or that they are in a love/hate relationship?
I do like the guy but sometimes he's just an old man being just a bit radical while sometimes has some good points behind it all.
sometimes I gotta agree with him, sometimes its too harsh or extreme but in the end he isn't all that bad or horrible agian if I was voting over there I wouldn't vote for anyone.. even if I do like bernie more he still seems outdated but anything over hillery atleast don't want her and those saying "its time for a female president" its not her by any means.

14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

BlueOni wrote:

Wait. So the guy who flouted tradition by releasing only a very limited amount of tax information, declared he had to go to women's groups in order to find eligible female cabinet members and that they had brought him binders full of women, claimed that 47% of the US population were lazy good-for-nothings who expected everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, and who faced extensive criticism for his role in major outsourcing operations has decided the best way for him to attack Trump is to point out that Trump has engaged in ethically questionable business practices, has damning information about him hidden in his tax records, is out of touch with women, and is playing the middle and lower class of the US for saps.

Romney, you seem to think people can't remember as far back as 2012. We can.


We also remember his desperation to be considered a "real" candidate, which broke Massachusetts Democrats into snickers and giggles.

While Romney's reasons for stopping Trump are in the right place, analysts suspect his campaign for doing it isn't--
#NeverTrump has one big flaw that news analysts have pointed out, namely, as Trump supporters point out, if dedicated anti-Hillary Republicans are not supposed to vote for him, who DO they vote for?
Well, Mitt's hoping that, if the movement reaches a kick-out momentum at the conventions, and Republican superdelegates decide to remove their votes from Trump, where will those votes go? (Mitt jumps up and down waving a 9-yo. "Me, me? ")

Sorry, Mitt: History has spoken, and you're STILL the Michael Dukakis of the Republicans.
That's not to shoot the message by shooting the messenger, just that if anybody gets credit for being the Anti-Trump, Rubio was there first, and he has an actual campaign.


DeadlyOats wrote:Trump may be an ass, but at least he's honest about it. The Republican party fears Trump, not because he's an ass, but because he's threatening to rock the comfy, cushy money lined boat that the Republican politicians have enjoyed riding in for decades. Frankly, I hope he capsizes their boat, so that the dirty money these politicians have been accepting from lobbyists from giant corporations and their lobbyists, will float around them in the water, exposing how dirty Mitt Romney and his Republican political cronies really are.

Oh crap! I typed way more than I had intended....


Oh no, I'd say you typed just enough to make our point--

As you can see from our experimental lab sample here, people, look how many Trump supporters will at some point work "I hope he..." into their dreams of a better world--whether it's "I hope he finally goes after the Muslims", "I hope he drops an F-bomb", "I hope he shakes up the corporate money-machine", or "I hope in the final debates he calls Hillary a (bleep)ing (bleep) who (bleeps) her (bleep) with a (bleep) (bleep) in her (bleep)!"--preferably a vindictive one where they finally make their big bullies cry, even if they have to call their big brother to do all the beating-up. It's not just a case of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", as Neugenx pointed out, it's a case of believing someone you saw on TV--and network reality shows, at that --will come to your rescue with superpowers to Fire All the Bad People, they'll go slinking off in shame like the contestants, and then we'll all break for a happy commercial.
As also pointed out, that's why economy-hammered Californians wanted to elect The Terminator--not Schwarzenegger, but The Terminator--to walk in and spray machine-gun bullets all across the Enron lobby and then go after the old governor who bought into them: "I hope he says 'I'm back!' on Inauguration Day!"

Now, imagination is fun. I remember when I used to dream the superheroes I saw on TV were real. You don't really lose something by realizing they're just made up, but you gain a little perspective in realizing there are some things you can do yourself.
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
donald trump is bad I should become president and eat the kids

#EatTheKids
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

ILuvCats11 wrote:
#EatTheKids
#EatenCats4Life
#TurnedIntoNekoUniverse
#TrumpStillStompingTheSalat



37409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16




Ejanss wrote:


And just like the Republican politicians, you ignored the complaints I have against them. You only focused on one phrase I made, twisting it to suit your argument.... This is how the politicians in general have behaved towards their flesh and blood constituents. Millions of Americans worked hard to petition the FCC to protect Net Neutrality, and when the FCC listened to the PEOPLE and made rules protecting Net Neutrality, what did AT&T, ComCast, Time Warner, et al do? They went to their bought and paid for Congressmen, who are now drafting bills to give the Telcos what they want, the Internet.

I gave other examples of how Congress in general, but particularly the Republican politicians, have ignored the voices of their constituents, but all you focused in my whole argument was that one phrase? Just like a Republican politician.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.