First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Mitt Romney calls out Donald Trump
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16


And just like the Republican politicians, you ignored the complaints I have against them. You only focused on one phrase I made, twisting it to suit your argument.... This is how the politicians in general have behaved towards their flesh and blood constituents. Millions of Americans worked hard to petition the FCC to protect Net Neutrality, and when the FCC listened to the PEOPLE and made rules protecting Net Neutrality, what did AT&T, ComCast, Time Warner, et al do? They went to their bought and paid for Congressmen, who are now drafting bills to give the Telcos what they want, the Internet.

I gave other examples of how Congress in general, but particularly the Republican politicians, have ignored the voices of their constituents, but all you focused in my whole argument was that one phrase? Just like a Republican politician.



You seem to have very strange views based on conspiracy theories and nonsense. "Bought and paid for Congressmen"? Give me a break. I've been in the thick of national-level politics for years, and silly statements like yours only come from those who believe whatever they see on the Internet and have never actually been in Washington. Both parties are committed to the same thing: doing what's best for Americans. Republicans and Democrats simply disagree on the way to do that. I could throw regulation, campaign finance laws, and such at you but I imagine you would just consider them defunct and ineffective despite decades political experience disagreeing with you.
37291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 3/4/16

NSX-R wrote:



And just like the Republican politicians, you ignored the complaints I have against them. You only focused on one phrase I made, twisting it to suit your argument.... This is how the politicians in general have behaved towards their flesh and blood constituents. Millions of Americans worked hard to petition the FCC to protect Net Neutrality, and when the FCC listened to the PEOPLE and made rules protecting Net Neutrality, what did AT&T, ComCast, Time Warner, et al do? They went to their bought and paid for Congressmen, who are now drafting bills to give the Telcos what they want, the Internet.

I gave other examples of how Congress in general, but particularly the Republican politicians, have ignored the voices of their constituents, but all you focused in my whole argument was that one phrase? Just like a Republican politician.



You seem to have very strange views based on conspiracy theories and nonsense. "Bought and paid for Congressmen"? Give me a break. I've been in the thick of national-level politics for years, and silly statements like yours only come from those who believe whatever they see on the Internet and have never actually been in Washington. Both parties are committed to the same thing: doing what's best for Americans. Republicans and Democrats simply disagree on the way to do that. I could throw regulation, campaign finance laws, and such at you but I imagine you would just consider them defunct and ineffective despite decades political experience disagreeing with you.



When millions of Americans sign petitions and send phone calls and emails to the FCC, and the FCC listens to the people and not the telcos, and those telcos can get our congressmen to draft bills that give them what millions of Americans didn't want, then you call that bought and paid for.

Those politicians knew what the people wanted, and could plainly see how strongly the American people felt about the issue, yet they sided with the 5 or 6 telecommunications giants on this issue. That's an example of bought and paid for. Those politicians yielded to the ones that give the most to their campaign funds.

This is only one example of that kind of behavior. It happens all of the time. That's called bought and paid for. If you can't see it, then there's no helping you.
14735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

DeadlyOats wrote:


NSX-R wrote:You seem to have very strange views based on conspiracy theories and nonsense. "Bought and paid for Congressmen"? Give me a break. I've been in the thick of national-level politics for years, and silly statements like yours only come from those who believe whatever they see on the Internet and have never actually been in Washington. Both parties are committed to the same thing: doing what's best for Americans. Republicans and Democrats simply disagree on the way to do that. I could throw regulation, campaign finance laws, and such at you but I imagine you would just consider them defunct and ineffective despite decades political experience disagreeing with you.



When millions of Americans sign petitions and send phone calls and emails to the FCC, and the FCC listens to the people and not the telcos, and those telcos can get our congressmen to draft bills that give them what millions of Americans didn't want, then you call that bought and paid for.

Those politicians knew what the people wanted, and could plainly see how strongly the American people felt about the issue, yet they sided with the 5 or 6 telecommunications giants on this issue. That's an example of bought and paid for. Those politicians yielded to the ones that give the most to their campaign funds.

This is only one example of that kind of behavior. It happens all of the time.


If you mean "Ignoring Internet-fan petitions", yep. ALL the time. If they didn't, Lucas would have given us that restored UOT by now.

So, that's what your whole conspiracy-theory "revolution" is all about, then, that an Internet petition didn't go through? Oooo-kay, I'm sold.
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

Ejanss wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


When millions of Americans sign petitions and send phone calls and emails to the FCC, and the FCC listens to the people and not the telcos, and those telcos can get our congressmen to draft bills that give them what millions of Americans didn't want, then you call that bought and paid for.

Those politicians knew what the people wanted, and could plainly see how strongly the American people felt about the issue, yet they sided with the 5 or 6 telecommunications giants on this issue. That's an example of bought and paid for. Those politicians yielded to the ones that give the most to their campaign funds.

This is only one example of that kind of behavior. It happens all of the time.


If you mean "Ignoring Internet-fan petitions", yep. ALL the time. If they didn't, Lucas would have given us that restored UOT by now.

So, that's what your whole conspiracy-theory "revolution" is all about, then, that an Internet petition didn't go through? Oooo-kay, I'm sold.


Precisely. "Millions of Americans" is actually "some people on the Internet complaining". Sorry, the Internet does not actually hold that kind of political weight.
14735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/4/16

NSX-R wrote:


Ejanss wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


When millions of Americans sign petitions and send phone calls and emails to the FCC, and the FCC listens to the people and not the telcos, and those telcos can get our congressmen to draft bills that give them what millions of Americans didn't want, then you call that bought and paid for.

Those politicians knew what the people wanted, and could plainly see how strongly the American people felt about the issue, yet they sided with the 5 or 6 telecommunications giants on this issue. That's an example of bought and paid for. Those politicians yielded to the ones that give the most to their campaign funds.

This is only one example of that kind of behavior. It happens all of the time.


If you mean "Ignoring Internet-fan petitions", yep. ALL the time. If they didn't, Lucas would have given us that restored UOT by now.

So, that's what your whole conspiracy-theory "revolution" is all about, then, that an Internet petition didn't go through? Oooo-kay, I'm sold.


Precisely. "Millions of Americans" is actually "some people on the Internet complaining". Sorry, the Internet does not actually hold that kind of political weight.


But it was Google!
10310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/16
I'm on no ones side. All politicians are sell-outs.
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

mbgod16 wrote:

I'm on no ones side. All politicians are sell-outs.


Where's all of this money? Politicians get the worst of both worlds. They are constantly accused of being sell-outs, but I don't have a million-dollar house or a Ferrari. Most of the other politicians I know lease Buicks, and some have Mercedes.
14468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

NSX-R wrote:



And just like the Republican politicians, you ignored the complaints I have against them. You only focused on one phrase I made, twisting it to suit your argument.... This is how the politicians in general have behaved towards their flesh and blood constituents. Millions of Americans worked hard to petition the FCC to protect Net Neutrality, and when the FCC listened to the PEOPLE and made rules protecting Net Neutrality, what did AT&T, ComCast, Time Warner, et al do? They went to their bought and paid for Congressmen, who are now drafting bills to give the Telcos what they want, the Internet.

I gave other examples of how Congress in general, but particularly the Republican politicians, have ignored the voices of their constituents, but all you focused in my whole argument was that one phrase? Just like a Republican politician.



You seem to have very strange views based on conspiracy theories and nonsense. "Bought and paid for Congressmen"? Give me a break. I've been in the thick of national-level politics for years, and silly statements like yours only come from those who believe whatever they see on the Internet and have never actually been in Washington. Both parties are committed to the same thing: doing what's best for Americans. Republicans and Democrats simply disagree on the way to do that. I could throw regulation, campaign finance laws, and such at you but I imagine you would just consider them defunct and ineffective despite decades political experience disagreeing with you.


Even if they are doing what they believe to be right they are doing so based upon the lack of knowledge and are taking the word of their "generous" donors who poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into their campaigns. Sometimes it's better not to attribute to malice what you can to ignorance.

Either way they are doing so knowingly and maliciously or they are being manipulated via their ignorance.
14735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16
In other news from the Real World, it turns out Trump will not be allowed to do every single thing he imagines he can promise:
Under fire for saying we should bring back waterboarding of suspected terrorists and go after their families--which the Pentagon pointed out would violate US and international military law, in which case soldiers would have every right to refuse those orders--Trump and his spokespeople softened their stance:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-reverses-on-torture/index.html


Katrina Pierson, a Trump spokeswoman, said the candidate had been misunderstood.
"He realized they took him literally, that's why he put out the statement," she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room." "What he's saying is that he wants to go after them with the full force of everything we have."


"Trump says we will go after the terrorists' families!"
"That would be a war crime."
"...He was kidding!"
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16 , edited 3/4/16

GreatLordBalzak wrote:


NSX-R wrote:



And just like the Republican politicians, you ignored the complaints I have against them. You only focused on one phrase I made, twisting it to suit your argument.... This is how the politicians in general have behaved towards their flesh and blood constituents. Millions of Americans worked hard to petition the FCC to protect Net Neutrality, and when the FCC listened to the PEOPLE and made rules protecting Net Neutrality, what did AT&T, ComCast, Time Warner, et al do? They went to their bought and paid for Congressmen, who are now drafting bills to give the Telcos what they want, the Internet.

I gave other examples of how Congress in general, but particularly the Republican politicians, have ignored the voices of their constituents, but all you focused in my whole argument was that one phrase? Just like a Republican politician.



You seem to have very strange views based on conspiracy theories and nonsense. "Bought and paid for Congressmen"? Give me a break. I've been in the thick of national-level politics for years, and silly statements like yours only come from those who believe whatever they see on the Internet and have never actually been in Washington. Both parties are committed to the same thing: doing what's best for Americans. Republicans and Democrats simply disagree on the way to do that. I could throw regulation, campaign finance laws, and such at you but I imagine you would just consider them defunct and ineffective despite decades political experience disagreeing with you.


Even if they are doing what they believe to be right they are doing so based upon the lack of knowledge and are taking the word of their "generous" donors who poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into their campaigns. Sometimes it's better not to attribute to malice what you can to ignorance.

Either way they are doing so knowingly and maliciously or they are being manipulated via their ignorance.


Oh, great, the armchair president thinks everyone on Capitol Hill is stupid. I love that argument. All of these people who graduated from state universities, from Ivy League schools, with multiple graduate degrees are stupid.

God help you.

You will probably actually listen to regulation, unlike the other guy, so here you go: maximum donation to a campaign is $5,000. Nobody, entities included, can donate over that. And don't think that they can simply work around that regulation. Campaign finance in the United States is the most scrutinized action in the country, because both sides are constantly looking to find evidence of corruption in the other.
Posted 3/4/16
I've already posted but what the hell it's politics so here goes:

Mit Romney you're a little bitch! All I heard in that video was a little baby crying whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

bethos30 wrote:

I've already posted but what the hell it's politics so here goes:

Mit Romney you're a little bitch! All I heard in that video was a little baby crying whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


This is the level of discourse that makes us end up with candidates like Trump and Sanders.
Posted 3/4/16

NSX-R wrote:


bethos30 wrote:

I've already posted but what the hell it's politics so here goes:

Mit Romney you're a little bitch! All I heard in that video was a little baby crying whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


This is the level of discourse that makes us end up with candidates like Trump and Sanders.


Maybe, but your criticism and points are not really convincing or have any evidence so....I'll take my entertaining comments over yours
NSX-R 
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/16

bethos30 wrote:


NSX-R wrote:


bethos30 wrote:

I've already posted but what the hell it's politics so here goes:

Mit Romney you're a little bitch! All I heard in that video was a little baby crying whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


This is the level of discourse that makes us end up with candidates like Trump and Sanders.


Maybe, but your criticism and points are not really convincing or have any evidence so....I'll take my entertaining comments over yours


Do you actually want me to link you campaign finance laws? Will you read them?
Posted 3/4/16

NSX-R wrote:


bethos30 wrote:


NSX-R wrote:


bethos30 wrote:

I've already posted but what the hell it's politics so here goes:

Mit Romney you're a little bitch! All I heard in that video was a little baby crying whaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


This is the level of discourse that makes us end up with candidates like Trump and Sanders.


Maybe, but your criticism and points are not really convincing or have any evidence so....I'll take my entertaining comments over yours


Do you actually want me to link you campaign finance laws? Will you read them?


Won't make a difference but good effort. I still believe that Trump is the better candidate of the lot.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.