First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply China, Indonesia Offically Bans Homosexuality from Media
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 3/5/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Can we just invade the whoreson bitches, shove a few rifles up the leadership's asses and restore common sense?


No men, not rifles. Something else.
Posted 3/5/16

Kavalion wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Choosing to stick your dick in a man is a choice, but choosing who you are sexually attracted to is a bit different. It's human sexuality. I ain't got to explain shit, that's just how it is. Like magic.


Yeah, it is like magic. Sexual preference is all superstition. Toss salt over your shoulder, knock on wood, don't break any mirrors, and only then can a good climax be achieved. Silliness. It's real as far as the placebo effect carries it.


I was referring to the fact that magic systems are sometimes unexplained in the world of fiction.
Posted 3/5/16

Madhatter8 wrote:


1stladyent wrote:


Madhatter8 wrote:
Nothing you said made me change my mind, if you believe in evolution homosexuality totally contradicts us evolving from chimps. And you being straight is a choice, you prefer choosing the opposite sex rather than the same.
But your entitled to your opinion just like me, and like i said before dont try to tell my kids its normal behavior



So I'm not trying to push my opinion against yours, but there are scientific facts that homosexuality exists in other species, not just humans.

The beginning paragraph from http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/ states:

Recent research has found that homosexual behavior in animals may be much more common than previously thought. Although Darwin’s theory of natural selection predicts an evolutionary disadvantage for animals that fail to pass along their traits through reproduction with the opposite sex, the validity of this part of his theory has been questioned with the discoveries of homosexual behavior in more than 10% of prevailing species throughout the world.


According to this article: http://pactiss.org/2011/11/17/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality/

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex.


Since there are people who think being homosexual is wrong and a choice, you would have to include hermaphrodites as being a choice and wrong (which doesn't make sense). They did not choose to male and female, and since their environment says so, they have to CHOOSE which gender to be.

I have friends and family members who are part of the LGBTQ community and I've always asked the question out right: "Did you choose to be that way?" literally ALL of them said "If I could choose, I would rather be straight but it doesn't work that way."

Whenever I have kids, I'd tell them this exists. I wouldn't hold back knowledge they'll eventually learn in life. If a child is withheld this information about sexuality and they happen to be homosexual or bisexual or questioning it, I'd think it would be in their best interest to realize that they are not alone in this world.

By the way, homosexuality was normal practice in ancient times, before the rapid take over of Abrahamic religions.

Just saying.


Well put, personally i just like debating nothing personal.
Your not telling me anything i dont already know, but you still dont have an answer for all the people that have been straight for a while, have had kids and suddenly they turn gay. You can tell your kids about homosexuality all you want, but i am all about pro creation and so is every species.

You're neither permanently straight or permanently gay.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129050832
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/22/late-blooming-lesbians-women-sexuality
http://www.advocate.com/health/love-and-sex/2014/02/11/exploring-umbrella-bisexuality-and-fluidity

You posit that being gay is a choice, because people act on the desire to be gay, without realizing that the desire to follow it in the first place is fluid as water and as changeable as genetic expression in today's modern times. There are several studies pertaining that gayness is naturally occurring, and that the same genes responsible contain a huge list of evolutionary advantages for such things, which may or may not include higher rates of pregnancy among those with it. These genes aren't solely responsible for one thing, but a great deal of things, which is why genetics is such a hotbed of ethical discussion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26089486


The allele - or group of genes - that sometimes codes for homosexual orientation may at other times have a strong reproductive benefit. This would compensate for gay people's lack of reproduction and ensure the continuation of the trait, as non-gay carriers of the gene pass it down.


There also is evidence it may be sorta link to genetics and particularly epigenetics

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/12/homosexuality-may-start-womb


Evolutionary geneticist William Rice of the University of California, Santa Barbara, felt there had to be a reason why homosexuality didn't just fade away down the generations. Research estimates that about 8% of the population is gay, and homosexuality is known to run in families. If one of a set of identical twins is gay, there's a 20% probability that the other will be, too.


http://bigthink.com/videos/bill-nye-on-homosexuality-and-evolution

The gist of Bill's talk? Animals exhibit homosexual behavior, but they aren't going anywhere, and it is naturally occurring despite evolution.

The other part of your argument also stipulate that homosexuality is not only not naturally occurring (Which it is, according to a variety of factors.) but the morally wrong decision, arising out of fear that people could be turned gay.

8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Scooty-Bby wrote:

So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...


But straight people don't get constantly discriminated like gay people...
8019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
First time posting on crunchyroll forums.
Being gay is a choice. The people who go to jail were straight when they went there and turned gay while in jail they chose to stick their dick in somebodys ass. Also consider this you might think being gay is okay (I'm fine about homosexuality to a certain degree) just like how 2 guys shouldn't be kissing in front of children its like how 1 female and male shouldn't do that either. Every time you see a couple kissing straight you think in your head "get a room". So tell me something if your fine with gays are your parents fine with gays or their parents? I they probably don't like gays either. If I spoon feed you that doing something is okay then'll eventually you will say okay that's okay to do. Why do gays want rights? We all ready have rights. Just like how they push for gay marriage well tell me if you loved eachother that much you want a piece of paper to tell each other and reassure that you love each other? This is all to avoid the big issues like how the US is going in and attacking countries funding organizations.
8019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
Being gay is a choice. Majority of gay kids in my school were raped or harmed as a kid of the opposite sex and some found comfort by talking to the same sex (Mostly girls). But for one to say I would teach my kid about bisexual/transexual and faggot sexual. You're sexually confusing a kid. Why not let him grow up and see what sexuality HE WANTS TO BE. Don't mention anything sexual to a kid because its a kid. Wait till hes 16-17 and see what he likes. Plus if you were to reproduce and find out your child is gay and you wont ever have grand kids i'm pretty sure it would devastate you end of your lineage all because your son wants to stick his dick up somebody's ass I find that so sad. A persons ancestors have lived so long yet it ends due to a person who wants to be gay. I'd rather die by fighting a ferocious animal than be gay. Just to add to my conversation if they were born gay? Why weren't Adam and Eve Gay? I bet you for thousands of years nobody tried to participate in gay relationships. Because they were too busy trying to build a family.
17653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Scooty-Bby wrote:

So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...


I don't think you understand the severity of the act of banning something. When something that causes no harm whatsoever gets banned, more violation of human rights is bound to happen.
8345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Nalaniel wrote:


Scooty-Bby wrote:

So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...


I don't think you understand the severity of the act of banning something. When something that causes no harm whatsoever gets banned, more violation of human rights is bound to happen.


Whose to say what human rights are? You've gotta remember that they live in a different culture, so your just pushing your own ideas of human rights onto a country completely different to your own.
17653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16

Scooty-Bby wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


Scooty-Bby wrote:

So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...


I don't think you understand the severity of the act of banning something. When something that causes no harm whatsoever gets banned, more violation of human rights is bound to happen.


Whose to say what human rights are? You've gotta remember that they live in a different culture, so your just pushing your own ideas of human rights onto a country completely different to your own.


By banning homosexuality from media, lots of stigmas around it will be created. You do realise that we don't need people hating on others based on their sexuality? On the other hand, writers shouldn't be pushed into making stories that involve only heterosexual individuals.
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16

Scooty-Bby wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:


Scooty-Bby wrote:

So fucking what? Why are we being forced to like everyone?

Gays are just as prejudice against straights, you just dont hear about it...


I don't think you understand the severity of the act of banning something. When something that causes no harm whatsoever gets banned, more violation of human rights is bound to happen.


Whose to say what human rights are? You've gotta remember that they live in a different culture, so your just pushing your own ideas of human rights onto a country completely different to your own.


And there's something wrong with that? We literally have international bodies for this sorts of things, from Amnesty international to the UN. Because, in their words, there's a certain dignity which must be afforded to all people regardless of location. This probably falls under censorship and whatnot. In our eyes, a line is crossed when minorities are oppressed.
101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
Well, I guess my novel's not going to be sold there anytime soon.
224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
Bad idea on those countries part. When you ban something like that, then that is when people tend to float that way, whether they realize it or not. For example: in societies where homosexuality is tolerated or at least not really an issue even though heterosexuality is favored, you have lower rates of homosexuality. The rates go up when intense arguments about it flare up. It's weird, but its a trend that I am beginning to notice, though feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I bet they did it partially because so many countries in the West support it. Because I mean, lets be honest. China never really cared too much about this issue like this before. Sure, it had its phases in various areas same as everyone else, but I mean come on, really, this appears to be too much to me. Or at least childish on their leaders part even if they do have another reason as to why that we don't know of.
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

YukiRoseMitsukiChan wrote:
The rates go up when intense arguments about it flare up. It's weird, but its a trend that I am beginning to notice, though feel free to correct me if I am wrong.


You're wrong. -.-
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
Typical China, they got no respect for Tibetans, no respect for Uyghurs, no respect for homosexuals and they don't even have respect for themselves.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.