First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply After Fan Backlash, Nintendo Disables "Dislikes" On YouTube Video
2406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
Disabling comments and likes is nothing new when it comes to Nintendo youtube vids, though.

This is only getting backlash now?
35064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/5/16
So when the PRC bans any and all depictions of homosexuality everyone needs to be understanding, and what's more homosexuals have been using the media as a propaganda tool anyway so really the Chinese are doing a good thing. But Nintendo disabling likes/dislikes on a YouTube video? Grab your torches and pitchforks, all! We march on Tokyo forthwith!
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

BlueOni wrote:

So when the PRC bans any and all depictions of homosexuality everyone needs to be understanding, and what's more homosexuals have been using the media as a propaganda tool anyway so really the Chinese are doing a good thing. But Nintendo disabling likes/dislikes on a YouTube video? Grab your torches and pitchforks, all! We march on Tokyo forthwith!


No one in the right mind is marching on Japan. Even the USMC back in WWII took one look at mainland Japan and said fuck it and nuked it to end the war.
35064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Ranwolf wrote:

No one in the right mind is marching on Japan. Even the USMC back in WWII took one look at mainland Japan and said fuck it and nuked it to end the war.


This, while technically true, is also entirely beside the point.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16

BlueOni
This, while technically true, is also entirely beside the point.


I am saying that you honestly think a bunch of people who can't even agree on the awesomeness of MIia as best girl can form something as orderly as a mob.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
People bitch about Nintendo all the time. The people who do so, are usually found to be wrong in due time. Nintendo disabling anything in regards to the people who bitch and moan about their decisions is probably the smartest thing they can do, considering how much disingenuous information these same knuckleheads will try to spread about Nintendo just to get their egotistical rocks off.

That's not to say Nintendo is perfect. It isn't. It's far from it.

However, I and pretty much anyone else who has anything worthwhile rolling around up in their head can pretty much tell you this.

Those who have the worst to gripe about with Nintendo, are usually making shit up. They are also usually little opinionated kids... or worse, opinionated man child.

If you were a company like nintendo, why the hell would you bother listening to either of those two groups?

Personally, I am waiting for the day when companies like Nintendo release a video telling all their negative nellies to stuff it. Then maybe they will leave the comments open, so as to relish in the extreme butthurt.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16

CrownedSonofFire wrote:
If you were a company like nintendo, why the hell would you bother listening to either of those two groups?
do you really thing they would lissen to a YT comment in the first place?
But that does not mean its meaningless with it enabled.
As more consumers could get the info from top comment about it not working right for this spec or having issues etc that they would NEVER know before BUYING the game and would be a waste of money.

As with these last years where AAA games have been lacking in how they released or dealt with their own games.
Selling buggy, not working, missing content games for full price without being punished by it, as it would be better to just say "early access" or free Beta on it.
10651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 3/5/16
yes. Nintendo should be just like Microsoft, who don't give 2 bunnies about the gaming community.
who cares about them? they're just their paying customers anyway.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:
If you were a company like nintendo, why the hell would you bother listening to either of those two groups?
do you really thing they would lissen to a YT comment in the first place?
But that does not mean its meaningless with it enabled.
As more consumers could get the info from top comment about it not working right for this spec or having issues etc that they would NEVER know before BUYING the game and would be a waste of money.

As with these last years where AAA games have been lacking in how they released or dealt with their own games.


Yeah, maybe. Except for the part where the top comment isn't always very honest. I get your point, but it's a pretty shoddy one. This is pretty much one of the very reasons why comments get disabled for MANY things.

In short, people are assholes, and are more than wiling to lie in the comments so as to troll people. Alt+F4 to fix your browser for instance.

6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
The thing I don't think some of you people here understand is this:

Youtube comments are the cesspool of all comments. Almost nothing in them is worthwhile keeping or reading, regardless of how you feel about the whole customer issue of this.

I know this might be a shocker to you all, but the customer, is not always right. In the age of the internet... I know this might come as a huger shock to some of you, but... the customer is almost, but not always, wrong.

In the youtube comments of many videos, the most common thing found is lies, hate, and stupidity.

Why keep that enabled? For the customer? Why? Why do that, when they could just share their opinion on something like a forum instead, with links to the video.

It's nothing new. We did it for YEARS before youtube became a thing.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16

CrownedSonofFire wrote: This is pretty much one of the very reasons why comments get disabled for MANY things.
In short, people are assholes, and are more than wiling to lie in the comments so as to troll people. Alt+F4 to fix your browser for instance.

okey that one was messy^ -__-
10651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 3/5/16 , edited 3/5/16
the customer is almost always wrong. just like people threw a tantrum just because Microsoft made restrictions on how or who you could lend the games you purchased with your own money.
people and their complaining about everything.
they also disabled comments at the time, since they're not needed.

who cares if Nintendo completely ignored their customers and made 3ds (and i think wii U as well) region-locked?
or that their latest paper mario game can barely even be considered paper mario that makes even the die-hard fans cringe.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote: This is pretty much one of the very reasons why comments get disabled for MANY things.
In short, people are assholes, and are more than wiling to lie in the comments so as to troll people. Alt+F4 to fix your browser for instance.

okey that one was messy^ -__-


Sorry, but I don't follow you on the "okay that one was messy" part...

But the bit you added about feminists and mobs. Well.. I think that kind of just proves my point. In a lot of ways, dissent CAN be a good thing, but when the dissent is being led by nimrods who have no inkling of intelligence, and their fan base is made up of equally moronic twits.... why bother giving them the attention they crave at all?

To prove them wrong?

No. Instead we should just be ignoring them for the idiotic children they really are. Why? Because when you acknowledge something, even if it is stupid beyond moronic, you validate it.

You should NEVER validate idiocy. This includes things like even clicking on the like button in the first place. Hell, even the dislike button is validation to these dip shits.

Why encourage idiots? Because it would be wrong to ignore them because their fee'fee's might be hurt? Fuck that!

If people don't stop encouraging these idiots, we are going to end up with an Idiocracy like world, where the stupidest among us are the ones in charge.

---------------------------

How does this relate to Nintendo though?

Because they are doing what we all should be doing.

Ignoring the retards.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

the customer is almost always wrong. just like people threw a tantrum just because Microsoft made restrictions on how or who you could lend the games you purchased with your own money.
people and their complaining about everything.
they also disabled comments at the time, since they're not needed.

who cares if Nintendo completely ignored their customers and made 3ds (and i think wii U as well) region-locked?
or that their latest paper mario game can barely even be considered paper mario that makes even the die-hard fans cringe.


Nintendo's practices when it comes to region locking is actually, IMHO, one of the smartest things they can do as a company. Region locking gets talked about by some people like some sort of DRM... and it kind of is...

but at least they don't force you to stay online or crap like what Microsoft pulls. Region locking is a pretty tiny issue in comparison really.

That said, from a profit point of view, Microsoft has a valid reason for doing what it wanted to do. It was just really underhanded of them, and part of the many reasons why some of us who play on PC wonder why people even bother to continue giving microsoft their money at all.

And before anyone tries to say "But you pay microsoft for your PC!" Or anything like that.

No. No I don't. Microsoft fucked me over when I helped Beta test Windows 7. They fucked all of us beta testers over with that whole RC fiasco.

That, and you don't necessarily need Windows to play on PC at all. Patience and the willingness to learn can show you a whole new world with Linux. Linux can do anything and everything you can do with Windows. Better sometimes too. And, when push comes to shove and linux won't cooperate, you can just run windows in a virtual environment as well, keeping microsofts new spying nature at bay to boot. Heck, you don't even need that sometimes, since you can usually get away with just using WINE to "emulate" windows instead. (It's not actually emulation, but rather a program that takes all of windows API's and runs them so you can use windows programs... but most people understand emulation better...)

See, there are plenty of better ways to show your displeasure with companies you don't like. Shooting off at the mouth on Youtube. That just attracts idiots who are willing to fight with you to the tooth and nail over stupid little details. Details that usually are unimportant, wrong, or just dumb in every way possible.


Would you argue with a child? Well, when you respond to youtube comments, you are responding to one of two things. Either A, a child. Or B, a child who should have grown up years ago. Sometimes that person is male. Other times they are female. Regardless of which, both are dumb as hell.

Even Forrest Gump would have a hay day making light of their idiocy.



Posted 3/5/16
Oh Nintendo, you so crazy!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.