First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Wish CR had Dimension W
6969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16
If you had cable you will be able watch some of it right now on toonanmi. Which that really surprise me.
15331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Denmark
Online
Posted 3/7/16
Seeing as Funimation had a part in the production. Not much that can be done about it. it would be nice if we could. But Funimation has clearly shown it does not like to share it's toys AT ALL.

So not much can be done about that i am afraid.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16

Yamstarch wrote:


pacificjade wrote:

Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.



Really? I will have to watch Noragami then.


Yeah. Similar main character (aloof masculine-type male, in his own world). Similar emotional developments. Limited sets of characters. A lot of past meets present dilemma.

One is fantasy, one is sci-fi.

There are differences, too, of course. Probably a lot, but they are more similar to each other than most shows.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16

paul25454 wrote:

If you had cable you will be able watch some of it right now on toonanmi. Which that really surprise me.


I got rid of cable 3 years ago and have never looked back. It is awful. I like the idea of picking and choosing a medium and service to a person's niche. But to each their own. Cable probably works better for a big family, but, still... always "nothing on", unless a person wants to pre-record. Even with something like MTV, their streaming is always 1-2 days late.

Another poster is right. It is largely about ease of service.

CR has the most that caters to a really wide audience under the same market.

Although they could be more consistent with their drama. I don't know how last season was great, and now there are some really bizarre dramas on. One about a girl eating in various places. And another about a nutjob store clerk, that rarely talks, in what looks like a naked 7-11 scene. Last season had Ghost Writer, which was a drama about 2 women and the writing world of Japan, the public, and image.
6969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16 , edited 3/7/16

pacificjade wrote:


paul25454 wrote:

If you had cable you will be able watch some of it right now on toonanmi. Which that really surprise me.


I got rid of cable 3 years ago and have never looked back. It is awful. I like the idea of picking and choosing a medium and service to a person's niche. But to each their own. Cable probably works better for a big family, but, still... always "nothing on", unless a person wants to pre-record. Even with something like MTV, their streaming is always 1-2 days late.

Another poster is right. It is largely about ease of service.

CR has the most that caters to a really wide audience under the same market.

Although they could be more consistent with their drama. I don't know how last season was great, and now there are some really bizarre dramas on. One about a girl eating in various places. And another about a nutjob store clerk, that rarely talks, in what looks like a naked 7-11 scene. Last season had Ghost Writer, which was a drama about 2 women and the writing world of Japan, the public, and image.


Yea that is true. I hardly watch anything on cable at my house. I am mostly online. The one about a woman eating at various places that is suppose to be a second season of a anime here but I don't watch the live action stuff on here
41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/7/16

pacificjade wrote:


churrow909 wrote:

am i right ??


Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.

Unfortunately, Funimation isnt worth it to me to subscribe to, like CR is. So............ I may have seen both on another site *whistles innocently*


So what is wrong with just signing as a non paying subscriber with ads and a 2 week delay.,At least you are doing it legally

BTW there are non paying subscribers on CR too ! So I dont get the issue here . At least the studio author VA's still get paid. !
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16

FLjerry2011 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


churrow909 wrote:

am i right ??


Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.

Unfortunately, Funimation isnt worth it to me to subscribe to, like CR is. So............ I may have seen both on another site *whistles innocently*


So what is wrong with just signing as a non paying subscriber with ads and a 2 week delay.,At least you are doing it legally

BTW there are non paying subscribers on CR too ! So I dont get the issue here . At least the studio author VA's still get paid. !


The issue is Funimations great to garbage ratio. Crunchy Roll seems to offer more. Funimation seems to have really random offers.

So the issue is really economics and service. Even in their library, which is absolutely huge, it was difficult finding anything binge watch worthy.

Funimation only lets me watch the first 2 episodes of anything on my PS4. Maybe there are other ways. Even so, CR is more inclusive. I've always been a CR subscriber, so I don't know how non-subs work for it.
41382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/7/16 , edited 3/7/16

pacificjade wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


churrow909 wrote:

am i right ??


Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.

Unfortunately, Funimation isnt worth it to me to subscribe to, like CR is. So............ I may have seen both on another site *whistles innocently*


So what is wrong with just signing as a non paying subscriber with ads and a 2 week delay.,At least you are doing it legally

BTW there are non paying subscribers on CR too ! So I dont get the issue here . At least the studio author VA's still get paid. !


The issue is Funimations great to garbage ratio. Crunchy Roll seems to offer more. Funimation seems to have really random offers.

So the issue is really economics and service. Even in their library, which is absolutely huge, it was difficult finding anything binge watch worthy.

Funimation only lets me watch the first 2 episodes of anything on my PS4. Maybe there are other ways. Even so, CR is more inclusive. I've always been a CR subscriber, so I don't know how non-subs work for it.


I read today there is a new APP out IDK what it is though

IDK what kind of anime you like but I am having a blast this winter

You have two animes from authors with great previous track records

You have Heavy Object from the author of A Certain Magical Index And Railgun and actually uses some of his ideas in the show and is well received by reviwers

Then you have Pandora in The Crimsion Shell from a duo of writers one being the insane Excel Saga when anything goes wrong then merge it withe Author of Ghost in the Shell and it works quite well Clarion is one OP Robot

Then you have Dimension W which Funimation is on the production cmt so I dont get the post anyhow since it partly there property.

Oh another great Robot in Mira

Assassination Classroom 2 Koro maybe the best teacher in anime and Class 3-e and their mission S2 is even bettert than 1

Snow White with the Red Hair 2 Just a nice anime that does w/o fanservice and a nice story

Dagashi Kashi / this feels like Non-Non Biyori but more risque . Saya is fast becming everytbody's favorite girl

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash A underated effort by A-1 studio that is so different ,great OST Just survival !


Saya is just cool ! / Dagashi Kashi




104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 3/7/16

pacificjade wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


churrow909 wrote:

am i right ??


Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.

Unfortunately, Funimation isnt worth it to me to subscribe to, like CR is. So............ I may have seen both on another site *whistles innocently*


So what is wrong with just signing as a non paying subscriber with ads and a 2 week delay.,At least you are doing it legally

BTW there are non paying subscribers on CR too ! So I dont get the issue here . At least the studio author VA's still get paid. !


The issue is Funimations great to garbage ratio. Crunchy Roll seems to offer more. Funimation seems to have really random offers.

So the issue is really economics and service. Even in their library, which is absolutely huge, it was difficult finding anything binge watch worthy.

Funimation only lets me watch the first 2 episodes of anything on my PS4. Maybe there are other ways. Even so, CR is more inclusive. I've always been a CR subscriber, so I don't know how non-subs work for it.


You just need to look at the negatives CR has to offer. Both sites have their pros and cons.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16 , edited 3/7/16

AnimeKami wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


churrow909 wrote:

am i right ??


Yes. The missed the ball on not getting this show and Noragami.

They both have similar appeal, too.

Unfortunately, Funimation isnt worth it to me to subscribe to, like CR is. So............ I may have seen both on another site *whistles innocently*


So what is wrong with just signing as a non paying subscriber with ads and a 2 week delay.,At least you are doing it legally

BTW there are non paying subscribers on CR too ! So I dont get the issue here . At least the studio author VA's still get paid. !


The issue is Funimations great to garbage ratio. Crunchy Roll seems to offer more. Funimation seems to have really random offers.

So the issue is really economics and service. Even in their library, which is absolutely huge, it was difficult finding anything binge watch worthy.

Funimation only lets me watch the first 2 episodes of anything on my PS4. Maybe there are other ways. Even so, CR is more inclusive. I've always been a CR subscriber, so I don't know how non-subs work for it.


You just need to look at the negatives CR has to offer. Both sites have their pros and cons.


I did. For me, the drama section is inconsistent.
104119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 3/7/16 , edited 3/7/16

pacificjade wrote:

I did. For me, the drama section is inconsistent.


Seems if CR released their statistics on drama section activity it would be terribad.
9124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/16

lorreen wrote:

Well yeah, I would find it convenient if CR had Dimension W and lots of other shows as well, but that's not how business usually works.

As others have mentioned, it's not like Dimension W isn't pretty easily (and legally) available (at least for those of us in the US). I don't really mind having a Funi account in addition to CR. I do hate when there are shows I might watch on other sources though. Once it gets to having follow shows from three or more sources it just feels like a hassle, and a show has to be pretty compelling for me to remember to go watch it elsewhere if it's not on CR or Funi.

It's more about convenience than money, but that's part of it too--especially with regard to Netflix.



Yeah I'm in the same boat as you.. I have both Funi & Crunchy & Netflix, and have no intentions on getting a 3rd anime streaming account. So I'm missing out on a couple shows this season I would've really liked to watch.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/8/16

AnimeKami wrote:


pacificjade wrote:

I did. For me, the drama section is inconsistent.


Seems if CR released their statistics on drama section activity it would be terribad.


lol yes.


Crunchy Roll also fails at promoting the dramas it does release that are huge hits in Japan. The few that are not terribad.

'I'm Mita, Your Housekeeper'. Corny title, but holy crap. Hannibal-esque type of emotional atmosphere. Minus the murders, of course! Definitely a unique show.

From Wikipedia:

This television series was broadcast from October 12 to December 21, 2011, as part of Nippon Television's Tears Wednesday time slot, which airs every Wednesday from 10pm to 10:54pm.[2] On average, Kaseifu no Mita garnered a viewership rating of 25.2%.[3] Its last episode garnered a viewership rating of over 40% when it was aired,[3] making it the highest watched show of 2011 in Japan (The last TBS drama breaking 40% viewing was "Beautiful Life" in 2000).[4] Kaseifu no Mita won several awards, including the "Best Drama" award, at the 71st Television Drama Academy Awards.[5] Despite the popularity of Kaseifu no Mita, the scriptwriter revealed that there will not be any sequels to this series.[6]

No big deal, of course~
3252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/16
CR the sub lovers

Funi the dub lovers


First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.