First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply So what's so bad about Bernie?
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

bethos30 wrote:

I dunno if it's his policy on healthcare, national security, or the economy that makes him even less likable then Hilary but still they're are ball-less Democrats...pffff


I second that, our schools are so indoctrinated that these young kids think socialism is cool and works.
Posted 3/8/16
Well, at least his plan has clear sources of how its going to be funded.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

Can't honestly say this is worst than Trump making Mexico pay for the wall.
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Well, at least his plan has clear sources of how its going to be funded.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

Can't honestly say this is worst than Trump making Mexico pay for the wall.


Have you seen our debt, he is going to pay for his policies by taxing people out the wazoo. This guy doesn't know what work is. That's how Obamacare was paid for they took money from social security.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything. Its not a right its a privelage for being born in this era.
Posted 3/8/16

AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything.


I don't understand how thinking you're entitled to preventive healthcare is a bad thing. This could potentially save lives and improve living conditions.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything.


I don't understand how thinking you're entitled to preventive healthcare is a bad thing. This could potentially save lives and improve living conditions.


I agree with that notion, but why do you think the government can provide you better prices and care then the free market. The reason why healthcare has made so much progress is because of the private sector not government. I am for people having healthcare but to say your going to pay with other peoples money is idiotic. Also with Obama ruining our healthcare how can you make someone buy something they do not want or possibly need. and if you dont buy a policy they fine you what a joke. I personally dont want healthcare, id rather have the extra 200 dollars in my check. When it comes down to it, there are handful of people like the obese and such that drive up the cost for everyone. We also had a plan for people who wanted healthcare but couldn't afford it, its called Medicaid. But to say you have to buy this, the hell we do this is America you dont have to do anything you dont want to. Well it used to be. Also the healthcare law isn't about providing healthcare for everyone it is all about control.
Posted 3/8/16

AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything.


I don't understand how thinking you're entitled to preventive healthcare is a bad thing. This could potentially save lives and improve living conditions.


I agree with that notion, but why do you think the government can provide you better prices and care then the free market. The reason why healthcare has made so much progress is because of the private sector not government. I am for people having healthcare but to say your going to pay with other peoples money is idiotic. Also with Obama ruining our healthcare how can you make someone buy something they do not want or possibly need. and if you dont buy a policy they fine you what a joke. I personally dont want healthcare, id rather have the extra 200 dollars in my check.


Ah, I see. This is where I differ, as I believe the government has a social responsibility to care for its people that the free market simply can't provide when previously it left people like my family in the dust.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything.


I don't understand how thinking you're entitled to preventive healthcare is a bad thing. This could potentially save lives and improve living conditions.


I agree with that notion, but why do you think the government can provide you better prices and care then the free market. The reason why healthcare has made so much progress is because of the private sector not government. I am for people having healthcare but to say your going to pay with other peoples money is idiotic. Also with Obama ruining our healthcare how can you make someone buy something they do not want or possibly need. and if you dont buy a policy they fine you what a joke. I personally dont want healthcare, id rather have the extra 200 dollars in my check.


Ah, I see. This is where I differ, as I believe the government has a social responsibility to care for its people that the free market simply can't provide when previously it left people like my family in the dust.


Why couldn't you get Medicaid then. Once you believe its not about healthcare its about control. Once you realize that you might understand. You might understand too when you become a taxpayer
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:


regionlockedout wrote:

Well, I'm a pretty strong Bernie supporter too, and while I wouldn't consider myself an absolute "sheep", I will concede that I've been raised by parents with liberal leanings, and most of my news and politics information comes from left-wing sources as as The Young Turks network. I also happen to be an Indian, and Jawaharlal Nehru, a prominent founding father of independent India, was somewhat of an influence on me, and was a pretty staunch socialist to boot, a MUCH bigger socialist than Bernie Sanders, all things considered.

I am basically on his side 100% with regards to his policies on healthcare, education and finance reform. Going by the news I've been hearing about America since 2008, I find that many of Bernie's political stances have basically been vindicated by recent developments in the U.S. I kept hearing about complaints regarding America's exorbitant healthcare prices and crippling student loan debt problems long before I ever heard of Bernie himself, and the fact that he's proposed so many ambitious changes to the system in order to alleviate these chronic issues puts him head and shoulders above all the other candidates even without going into his stance on campaign financing.

But it's the campaign finance reform issue that really seals the deal for me. He's made his opposition to the lobbyist dominated structure of politics so clear that he won't even take any lobbyist money. While other candidates do fundraisers for their super PACs and go out of their way to pander to whichever corporate lobby can help them, Bernie has relied on individual donations to fund his campaign. The kind of donations you make by logging into his website (okay, I haven't gone that far, but still). Any super PAC actually supporting him raised its money independently of Bernie's involvement. Compare this to the decidedly shady tactics of virtually every other candidate in the race (I've heard even Trump tried to negotiate with lobbyists before they turned him down) and Bernie's a patron saint by Washington standards.

And yes, by the standards of Presidential candidates today, Bernie Sanders has been incredibly consistent on the issues, especially when compared with Hillary Clinton. He was speaking against deregulation of Wall Street all the way back during Bill Clinton's presidency. He has consistently disparaged free trade agreements because it gives corporations a way to lower the wages of their workers (note that I'm slightly ambivalent on this issue, since India did benefit a bit from outsourcing). He opposed the disastrous war in Iraq when the majority of the political establishment, Hillary included, supported it. He's been consistently pro-LGBT rights since the 1980s, which puts him far ahead of Hillary Clinton and even Barack Obama on this issue.

I see an idealist who's doing his best to solve serious issues faced by the American people. Whenever I hear folks fearmongering about how he's going to raise taxes and he's all for "big government", I find it hard to understand how they can just gloss over the fact that medical bills, student loans, corporate welfare and a bloated defense budget are already pinching the pockets of the American people to a severe extent. He's the one candidate who has the integrity to back up his promises, and while I don't know if he'll succeed in delivering on his promises, I'm confident that he's going to try his hardest. And really, that's exactly what the American people should look for in their President.


Ok i also heard people like Barack Obama say your healthcare cost are going to go down LMAO, people need to stop thinking that healthcare is something they are entitled to. Be grateful you grow up in this era where healthcare has made so much progress. The only thing that can lower the student loans are the universities. You have overpaid professors that teach their opinion not facts. No one is forcing you take those student loans out either, you are not going to get any sympathy over here.


So people aren't entitled to some form of preventive healthcare? Also, I disagree with the notion that all socialistic policies are one and the same.



No their not, that's the problem with this country people in your generation and the generation below think they are entitled to everything.


I don't understand how thinking you're entitled to preventive healthcare is a bad thing. This could potentially save lives and improve living conditions.


I agree with that notion, but why do you think the government can provide you better prices and care then the free market. The reason why healthcare has made so much progress is because of the private sector not government. I am for people having healthcare but to say your going to pay with other peoples money is idiotic. Also with Obama ruining our healthcare how can you make someone buy something they do not want or possibly need. and if you dont buy a policy they fine you what a joke. I personally dont want healthcare, id rather have the extra 200 dollars in my check.


Ah, I see. This is where I differ, as I believe the government has a social responsibility to care for its people that the free market simply can't provide when previously it left people like my family in the dust.


Why couldn't you get Medicaid then. Once you believe its not about healthcare its about control. Once you realize that you might understand. You might understand too when you become a taxpayer. And its not about social responsibility its about social justice


Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16

We fell outside the poverty guidelines before Medicaid was overhauled by the ACA.

I think this summarized part of the problem.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/184064/uninsured-rate-second-quarter.aspx

Though honestly? I'm all up for strict guidelines.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/16 , edited 3/8/16
Posted 3/8/16


Oh, stop being such a conservative.
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 3/8/16

aeb0717 wrote:

I take personal offense to a few of his racial comments. Overall, as a president, I don't have much opinion. If the comments I'm referring to are any indication, though, I'll "enjoy" his race-baiting shit about as much as I do from anyone else, though his position may make things even worse. I don't accept presidential candidates who appear more interested in dividing the nation, as opossed to actually striving to be a leader. I feel similarly about political-baiting. As you may imagine, I'm none too pleased with this election.



But, damn, anyone but Hillary.

The Bernie memes are pretty funny.


What "racial comments" has he said? I seriously don't know about this....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.