First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How easily can you admit that you're wrong
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

TrickedMJ wrote:

It's really really rare for me to be wrong. However, I find it's pretty easy to admit it when I am, are you the same way?


...I'm sorry. Now what was the question, I didn't hear it because I was to busy stroking out trying to comprehend an impossible concept.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Anyone that refuses to accept being wrong on occasion is either wilfully ignorant or lying.
141035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / CO, USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
If I'm genuinely proven to be wrong, I'll admit it and apologize for being misinformed or coming to the wrong conclusion. No need to be petty about it.
27265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
What did Ranwolf do an hour ago that got him banned

I'm too busy figuring that out to think about the question
Posted 3/9/16
I can accept the fact that I am wrong, and I will admit it.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

Jan- wrote:


ayaundwolf wrote:


It depends. I might apologize, but if I don't care for my fellow debater I'll throw in a quick agreement to save my pride.


i have always wondered what does one do with a pride?can't eat it for sure,nor does it warm you on cold winter nights..and pride tends to make people go in "all high and mighty"- mode.o.o


I think Ran answered pretty well in my stead, but to see the virtues of pride just think of it as synonymous with self confidence. Sure if you have too much it might look like egotism, but I guess that's up to how the person presents themselves.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

nanikore2 wrote:

What did Ranwolf do an hour ago that got him banned

I'm too busy figuring that out to think about the question


That's what I was wondering.
8577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Whale Island
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Very easily, but If i'm not wrong and I know it then I will make sure the other person believes me.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
I mean if I'm wrong then yeah, I'll say something like "I stand corrected" but only after I confirm it lol. I'm rarely ever wrong, but then again I don't tend to spout ignorance or get into topics I'm not already familiar with in the first place.

Don't pick a fight you can't win they say.




ayaundwolf wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

What did Ranwolf do an hour ago that got him banned

I'm too busy figuring that out to think about the question


That's what I was wondering.


Doesn't necessarily mean he did something in the last hour. Could be a mod just got around to looking into whatever it was at that point.
(kind of like Steam bans lol)
Posted 3/9/16
I like to get other people's perspective first to see what they say, especially people I trust, and take what they're opinion is and think everything over. If it's something petty then idgaf if I'm wrong or right, but if it's something I'm investing my time into then I want to make sure who's right
Posted 3/9/16
Eh, depends on how deep seeded whatever it was that I'm wrong about is, if it's based in my world view then it's gonna be pretty difficult to admit.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

TrickedMJ wrote:

It's really really rare for me to be wrong. However, I find it's pretty easy to admit it when I am, are you the same way?


This is almost the most typical thing you could have possibly said after having written your question.

Just saying.

As for myself. I can be hard to convince I am wrong, but when presented with sources that are actual fact and I cannot refute at all, I give way and admit defeat.

It usually surprises people when I do, because I generally stand my ground fairly well. As you yourself said, " It's really really rare for me to be wrong."

I might not have added it twice, and rare might be a bit much for me to claim, but I do try to keep my mouth shut if I don't think I have anything meaningful to contribute.

That said, I usually have some to contribute, and oft times it is right as well. Not always though.

Yes I get called a know it all a lot too. Usually by people I have already proven dead wrong though. Not always though; lots of hypocrites around the world. Just point in a direction and pick one.
6191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Anyone that refuses to accept being wrong on occasion is either wilfully ignorant or lying.


Upvote?
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

CrownedSonofFire wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

It's really really rare for me to be wrong. However, I find it's pretty easy to admit it when I am, are you the same way?


This is almost the most typical thing you could have possibly said after having written your question.

Just saying.

As for myself. I can be hard to convince I am wrong, but when presented with sources that are actual fact and I cannot refute at all, I give way and admit defeat.

It usually surprises people when I do, because I generally stand my ground fairly well. As you yourself said, " It's really really rare for me to be wrong."

I might not have added it twice, and rare might be a bit much for me to claim, but I do try to keep my mouth shut if I don't think I have anything meaningful to contribute.

That said, I usually have some to contribute, and oft times it is right as well. Not always though.

Yes I get called a know it all a lot too. Usually by people I have already proven dead wrong though. Not always though; lots of hypocrites around the world. Just point in a direction and pick one.


Typical or not, doesn't bother me. I say rarely because I'm usually wrong only if it's a topic I know nothing about. I usually don't talk about things I know nothing about unless my thoughts are asked or if I'm brought into it. Other than that it's just rare misunderstandings.
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
It depends on how stubborn I get on the subject, but it is pretty easily most of the time. Even if I turn out to be right, I am still wrong when it comes to my career expertise.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.