First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply do you believe in climate change?
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/16 , edited 3/9/16
I believe that climates change, yes.
Humms 
10547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Definitely maybe.

After this winter I might side with yes
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

Yes
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

Dark_Alma wrote:

Yes.

Side rant:


Tell the cattle to stop eating the clover then, they eat some of that they will literally bloat like a balloon... sometimes even die if they don't fart, of course when they do die they release all that gas anyway.

Answer to question Yes I do believe in climate change.
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

You can't deny that climate change is real. Even if we somehow ignore the rapid melting of the icecaps there's still shit like acid rain which is caused by pollution and climate change. I've yet to see even the most rednecked and ignorant of dumbasses deny that acid rain exists.


What's funny is that acid rain has been helping rain forests grow lately. The acid is mostly nitrogen based acids and rain forests lack nitrogen.

Also acid rain has nothing to do with climate change. Its caused by nitrus oxides in the atmosphere getting washed to the surface by rain. Its pretty much entirely made by humans.


I know what causes acid rain, but the fact that it is man made does not bar it from being climate change. It is a change that a climate can undergo and is therefore a form of climate change, simple as that.

Idk if the rainforest thing is true as I dont have the energy to look it up right now but I do know that even if it provides nitrogen that some trees will need it will also harm the trees by blocking out nutrients found in the water or in the soil as well as introduce toxic compounds to the tree (though if I remember correctly the latter is far less likely) Plus acid rain doesn't necessarily have nitrogen.


Its not climate change because it doesn't change the climate. Acid rain doesn't change weather patterns it just attaches itself to rain whenever it rains.

It harms the flora and fungus attached to the trees mainly. However due to it the trees have more nutrients available so everything is able to grow more, rainforests are typically deprived of resources especially nitrogen. It doesn't have to contain it but acid rain that comes from combustion is typically full of nitrous oxides.


I'm pretty damn sure that when the rain starts giving you asthma it qualifies as a change in the weather. Plus if you study acid rain in university it will be in a climate change studies class

Also show me where you're getting the rainforest tree thing from. I couldn't find it after a minute or so of googling at which point I got bored.


Asthma isn't climate change.... temperature inversion or generating enough smog to affect light absorbtion/refraction could be considered it, such as in china.

I don't remember if I learned about the rainforest bit in my environmental science class or online.... I found a study in Michigan on deciduous forests but can't find the one on rainforests: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081021214850.htm
4704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 3/9/16 , edited 3/9/16

Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

You can't deny that climate change is real. Even if we somehow ignore the rapid melting of the icecaps there's still shit like acid rain which is caused by pollution and climate change. I've yet to see even the most rednecked and ignorant of dumbasses deny that acid rain exists.


What's funny is that acid rain has been helping rain forests grow lately. The acid is mostly nitrogen based acids and rain forests lack nitrogen.

Also acid rain has nothing to do with climate change. Its caused by nitrus oxides in the atmosphere getting washed to the surface by rain. Its pretty much entirely made by humans.


I know what causes acid rain, but the fact that it is man made does not bar it from being climate change. It is a change that a climate can undergo and is therefore a form of climate change, simple as that.

Idk if the rainforest thing is true as I dont have the energy to look it up right now but I do know that even if it provides nitrogen that some trees will need it will also harm the trees by blocking out nutrients found in the water or in the soil as well as introduce toxic compounds to the tree (though if I remember correctly the latter is far less likely) Plus acid rain doesn't necessarily have nitrogen.


Its not climate change because it doesn't change the climate. Acid rain doesn't change weather patterns it just attaches itself to rain whenever it rains.

It harms the flora and fungus attached to the trees mainly. However due to it the trees have more nutrients available so everything is able to grow more, rainforests are typically deprived of resources especially nitrogen. It doesn't have to contain it but acid rain that comes from combustion is typically full of nitrous oxides.


I'm pretty damn sure that when the rain starts giving you asthma it qualifies as a change in the weather. Plus if you study acid rain in university it will be in a climate change studies class

Also show me where you're getting the rainforest tree thing from. I couldn't find it after a minute or so of googling at which point I got bored.


Asthma isn't climate change.... temperature inversion or generating enough smog to affect light absorbtion/refraction could be considered it, such as in china.

I don't remember if I learned about the rainforest bit in my environmental science class or online.... I found a study in Michigan on deciduous forests but can't find the one on rainforests: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081021214850.htm


My point was not that asthma is climate change. My point was that if the climate doesn't give you asthma normally and then it does all of a sudden, then the climate has changed. Even a child could see that.
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

Rujikin wrote:

Asthma isn't climate change.... temperature inversion or generating enough smog to affect light absorbtion/refraction could be considered it, such as in china.

I don't remember if I learned about the rainforest bit in my environmental science class or online.... I found a study in Michigan on deciduous forests but can't find the one on rainforests: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081021214850.htm





octorockandroll wrote:


My point was not that asthma is climate change. My point was that if the climate doesn't give you asthma normally and then it does all of a sudden, then the climate has changed. Even a child could see that.


Please girls, you are both pretty.
19329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.2_kiloyear_event
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.9_kiloyear_event
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4.2_kiloyear_event
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Bronze_Age_collapse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Period
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

Climate change happened a LOT in history, and each time the effects were catastrophic for human civilization. The writing is on the wall. The only question is: What will we do with the tens of thousands of nuclear warheads when the collapse happens?
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
Yes!
Posted 3/9/16
Yes. It ticks me off that there actually people who don't believe in it.
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

BlueOni wrote:

I certainly do, and as I go forward I'll continue to stick to trusting the collective assessments of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the American Chemical Society, the American Physical Society, the American Geophysical Union, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Meteorological Society, the Geological Society of America, the US National Academy of Sciences, the National Science Foundation, and I could go on, and on, and on.


Yeah and all those federal agencies always tell the truth
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
No one denies climate change just man made. All the environmental whackjobs need something to live for and everyone wants there life to have meaning so if you buy hybrid you are saving the world. Those climate summits accomplished nothing also, they put more CO2 gas in the air and then your whole family would in a year. A bunch of hypocrites who think they are saving the world when in fact they are just stroking their own egos.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/9/16

AkatsukiDoc wrote:

Yeah and all those federal agencies always tell the truth


The American Chemical Society, American Physical Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Meteorological Society, and Geological Society of America are not government institutions, and the American Geophysical Union has been independently incorporated and open to anyone for more than forty years now.
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/16
It's real. This winter proves that humans are negatively affecting the climate. Pollution is destroying our ozone layer causing the sun to fry the Earth resulting in warmer temperatures. I wouldn't be surprised if winter goes away (I hope it does).
188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Sharon Hill, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/9/16 , edited 3/9/16

BlueOni wrote:


AkatsukiDoc wrote:

Yeah and all those federal agencies always tell the truth


The American Chemical Society, American Physical Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Meteorological Society, and Geological Society of America are not government institutions, and the American Geophysical Union has been independently incorporated and open to anyone for more than forty years now.


Yeah take a look into who funds those groups. Guaranteed its a democrat who has an alterier motive. Its not about saving the planet, its about controlling every aspect of your life. For instance someone deciding if you get treated if your sick, to someone deciding who gets drive and who doesn't. Are you going to give up your driving rights to save the world.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.