First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Who else wishes the election was over so people will shut up?
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

Nogara-san wrote:
I fucking hate everyone and sadly, Bernie won't get elected.


Sanders won Michigan when the polls said Hillary was going to win that state by a lot of points.

Sanders also won most of the tossup states on Super Tuesday.

He's not going down anytime soon.
5282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 3/12/16
All of these "I don't car" "it doesn't matter" "Bernie can't win" attitudes, are self fulfilling. The side that doesn't buy into this fatalism as much, really does have a better chance of winning. This is why the media keeps reminding us of how doomed Sander's is. Either that or their idiots that somehow don't know that's what they're doing.

The reason politics is crap is because people don't vote.
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16
Far worse is that the "debates" are 100% insult-slinging and not about actually talking about issues that matter in any meaningful depth. It's a war of parties and nobody cares about the country.
5282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 3/12/16
Cough
Cough. Also you left out the percentage of Hillary copy&pasting Bernie's lines.
runec 
28306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
Haha, like anyone stops talking about it after an election is over instead of just moving straight on to arguing over the mid terms and who will run in the next presidential ><

3270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
SHUT UP THIS IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING US FROM DOING REAL WORK IN GOV CLASS
28528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

FruitPunchSamurai987 wrote:

SHUT UP THIS IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING US FROM DOING REAL WORK IN GOV CLASS


True that. Not that we do any real work anyway. At least pretending to watch the republican debates gets us out of doing projects or summarizing magazine articles.
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
My coworkers and I care a lot about the election and watch it carefully. Why? Cause we have a pool worth quite a bit over who we think is going to win the presidency. I'm not in for too much as Sanders was a bit of a long shot when we started the thing, feel bad for the poor guy that had bet on Jeb Bush.
Humms 
10583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16
It's the one time I can laugh, come on don't take away our comedy act.

But seriously who gives a fuck. Who cares anymore. Everyone will be in a deficit, nothing will change, more jobs will be lost, more workers will be out of work, we will pay more money, and that is how the world is going to work. Until every single fuckin person stands up and starts fighting for their right to live on this earth without fear, then we are just going to be living backwards.

I've learned that the world only functions on one man's words, and it's pathetic! Everyone has no backbone, they need to lean on someone, because they're scared. Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize that one person can change something, and if we gain a collective of people who think like this, we will have many who can change something. Stop hiding in a corner and stand up.......... what a stupid world we live in, something you should take to heart.
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / F...F...Florida!!?
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
I hate political ads 99% of them are made to look down at me.

the problem is general public has nothing important to talk about so whats going on with politics today!?
it does really get annoying though.
428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/16

gildiin wrote:

My coworkers and I care a lot about the election and watch it carefully. Why? Cause we have a pool worth quite a bit over who we think is going to win the presidency. I'm not in for too much as Sanders was a bit of a long shot when we started the thing, feel bad for the poor guy that had bet on Jeb Bush.



Ouch. Poor guy never knew what hit him (both the guy betting on Jeb and Jeb himself).



Humms wrote:

It's the one time I can laugh, come on don't take away our comedy act.

But seriously who gives a fuck. Who cares anymore. Everyone will be in a deficit, nothing will change, more jobs will be lost, more workers will be out of work, we will pay more money, and that is how the world is going to work. Until every single fuckin person stands up and starts fighting for their right to live on this earth without fear, then we are just going to be living backwards.

I've learned that the world only functions on one man's words, and it's pathetic! Everyone has no backbone, they need to lean on someone, because they're scared. Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize that one person can change something, and if we gain a collective of people who think like this, we will have many who can change something. Stop hiding in a corner and stand up.......... what a stupid world we live in, something you should take to heart.


Eh... Do you know what happens to people who stand up in society? They go to jail and are forgotten. Protesters in countries like China and Iran get sent to jail. Hell, even the U.S.A exiled Snowden. People who stick out get the short end of the stick. Besides there are a lot of people protesting for their own thing. They're just at odds with other protesters and fight it out.

You hear a lot of complaints about the media such as the "liberal media" or condescension of Fox News. I think it's just a result of poor reporters not wanting to spend the rest of their lives in jail. I can sympathize.
5282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 3/13/16
I hate ads 99% of them are made to look down at me.

I fixed it.
Humms 
10583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/13/16

chinesedoodle wrote:




Humms wrote:

It's the one time I can laugh, come on don't take away our comedy act.

But seriously who gives a fuck. Who cares anymore. Everyone will be in a deficit, nothing will change, more jobs will be lost, more workers will be out of work, we will pay more money, and that is how the world is going to work. Until every single fuckin person stands up and starts fighting for their right to live on this earth without fear, then we are just going to be living backwards.

I've learned that the world only functions on one man's words, and it's pathetic! Everyone has no backbone, they need to lean on someone, because they're scared. Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize that one person can change something, and if we gain a collective of people who think like this, we will have many who can change something. Stop hiding in a corner and stand up.......... what a stupid world we live in, something you should take to heart.


Eh... Do you know what happens to people who stand up in society? They go to jail and are forgotten. Protesters in countries like China and Iran get sent to jail. Hell, even the U.S.A exiled Snowden. People who stick out get the short end of the stick. Besides there are a lot of people protesting for their own thing. They're just at odds with other protesters and fight it out.

You hear a lot of complaints about the media such as the "liberal media" or condescension of Fox News. I think it's just a result of poor reporters not wanting to spend the rest of their lives in jail. I can sympathize.


That's why I will never vote, and I laugh at people who tell me that's a bad way to think. Even in Canada I won't vote, it's the same everywhere. Too much money running through the hands of those who are corupt, not enough being done to better our situation, people just barely getting by even with the jobs they have. We only vote for someone who will make our lives better, but fuck the other people in the end, in the end we have to pay for their mistakes. We care more about something we can create that has no value than the actual lives that go about supplying such a thing. Sorry but a human life is worth more than a little thing called money.

People in the media only say what they are told, because they don't give a dam about what they're actually talking about, they just want to get paid and go home, because if they use the power they have to air something meaningful, yea you're fired, or put in jail. That's why I don't watch the news, useless, it is literally a waste of my time to even watch it. It's like I'm being driven away from the reality wE are living in right now, and just creating my own, it's pretty sad when I'd rather seclude myself from all of the Bullshit just so I can have some peace of mind, and actually live a meaningful life. That's why the only thing I love to support are small businesses, and people who work for themselves and offer a great service to people. Even in the situation we are in now I had no problem still buying from people like them even though money is tight.


Posted 3/13/16



Humms wrote:

It's the one time I can laugh, come on don't take away our comedy act.

But seriously who gives a fuck. Who cares anymore. Everyone will be in a deficit, nothing will change, more jobs will be lost, more workers will be out of work, we will pay more money, and that is how the world is going to work. Until every single fuckin person stands up and starts fighting for their right to live on this earth without fear, then we are just going to be living backwards.

I've learned that the world only functions on one man's words, and it's pathetic! Everyone has no backbone, they need to lean on someone, because they're scared. Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize that one person can change something, and if we gain a collective of people who think like this, we will have many who can change something. Stop hiding in a corner and stand up.......... what a stupid world we live in, something you should take to heart.


++ I feel about the same way on this topic and they tell me my vote counts then they take our votes to supreme courts and over-rule..
my point being i gave up on voting!
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/16 , edited 3/13/16

Jean104 wrote:

I hate ads 99% of them are made to look down at me.

I fixed it.


I hate ads 99% of them are made to look down ON me.

I grammatically fixed it. (Unless you mean the big Times Square billboards two stories over the street, in which case they do look down at you.)

And be honest, the political ads aren't that desperate or pandering--
Hillary Clinton, after all, has been trying to hone her message for the younger voters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iBb1gvehI


Humms wrote:

It's the one time I can laugh, come on don't take away our comedy act.

But seriously who gives a fuck. Who cares anymore. Everyone will be in a deficit, nothing will change, more jobs will be lost, more workers will be out of work, we will pay more money, and that is how the world is going to work.
.......... what a stupid world we live in
That's why I will never vote, and I laugh at people who tell me that's a bad way to think. Even in Canada I won't vote, it's the same everywhere.


Err, yeah, why was I somehow ahead of you on the "Canada" thing, even without looking at the profile?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.