First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you fake in order impress people?
4280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / The Shire, England
Offline
Posted 7/2/16
Nah I'm real.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 7/2/16
Define 'fake'. I mean, depending on the company or situation I may be more sensible than I otherwise would be, but other than that I'm just me. Even that isn't to 'impress' per se, it's just because I find manners and courtesy to be respectable attributes, so I like to practise what I preach.
Posted 7/2/16
No. If people don't like me for who I am, then fuck 'em.
2553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Online
Posted 7/2/16

Ocale wrote:

I will sometimes be fake for the sake of finding out how people would react if I acted a certain way.


Couldn't you just ask? Then again, not everyone is straight forward about how they'd react to certain situations.
Posted 7/2/16

TrickedMJ wrote:

Couldn't you just ask? Then again, not everyone is straight forward about how they'd react to certain situations.


Asking would feel awkward.
2553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Online
Posted 7/2/16

Ocale wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:

Couldn't you just ask? Then again, not everyone is straight forward about how they'd react to certain situations.


Asking would feel awkward.


"How would you react if I did this?"

I guess that does sound kind of awkward.
VeggyZ 
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 7/2/16 , edited 7/2/16
If I am fake to someone, there's usually a pretty immediate reason. Maybe to avoid trouble.

I am not the type of person who can fake a persona - at all. I may not always be easy to figure out but I will lapse back to my own ways the moment I relax my concentration. I feel like if I try to conform to acting a certain way people will then notice that and it'll make things much worse. I'm awkward enough, I don't really need to up the ante.
Posted 7/2/16
I'm real in order to piss them off. Fuck societal expectations, preconceived notions and terrible pop music.
2553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Online
Posted 7/2/16

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Define 'fake'. I mean, depending on the company or situation I may be more sensible than I otherwise would be, but other than that I'm just me. Even that isn't to 'impress' per se, it's just because I find manners and courtesy to be respectable attributes, so I like to practise what I preach.


I can give you examples, if that'd help. Most people define being fake as just being someone you're not or not doing things you say you would do, etc, etc.

-Acting out of yourself in front of others
-Having a "Friend" then talking shit behind their backs
-Lying to others(even if it's to spare their feelings this can be considered fake)
-Having a problem with something someone says or does but still abiding by it then complaining about it later
-Being someone you're not in order to be "Cool"

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

There's a difference between trying to be more respectful and using manners where they're necessary and just straight up using a different persona.
11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 7/2/16 , edited 7/2/16

TrickedMJ wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Define 'fake'. I mean, depending on the company or situation I may be more sensible than I otherwise would be, but other than that I'm just me. Even that isn't to 'impress' per se, it's just because I find manners and courtesy to be respectable attributes, so I like to practise what I preach.


I can give you examples, if that'd help. Most people define being fake as just being someone you're not or not doing things you say you would do, etc, etc.

-Acting out of yourself in front of others
-Having a "Friend" then talking shit behind their backs
-Lying to others(even if it's to spare their feelings this can be considered fake)
-Having a problem with something someone says or does but still abiding by it then complaining about it later
-Being someone you're not in order to be "Cool"

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

There's a difference between trying to be more respectful and using manners where they're necessary and just straight up using a different persona.


Well I've never faked a persona, but I have acted on some of the above points. I've told the odd lie here and there, and I've also played along with stuff I disagree with without speaking up just to see if they're actually onto something that I'm not seeing, and might be a bit irked if their idea doesn't work, but I don't see that as 'faking' who I am.
2553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Online
Posted 7/2/16

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Define 'fake'. I mean, depending on the company or situation I may be more sensible than I otherwise would be, but other than that I'm just me. Even that isn't to 'impress' per se, it's just because I find manners and courtesy to be respectable attributes, so I like to practise what I preach.


I can give you examples, if that'd help. Most people define being fake as just being someone you're not or not doing things you say you would do, etc, etc.

-Acting out of yourself in front of others
-Having a "Friend" then talking shit behind their backs
-Lying to others(even if it's to spare their feelings this can be considered fake)
-Having a problem with something someone says or does but still abiding by it then complaining about it later
-Being someone you're not in order to be "Cool"

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

There's a difference between trying to be more respectful and using manners where they're necessary and just straight up using a different persona.


Well I've never faked a persona, but I have used some of the above points. I've told the odd white lie here and there, and I've also played along with stuff I disagree with without speaking up just to see if they're actually onto something that I'm not seeing, and might complain if their idea doesn't work, but I don't see that as 'faking' who I am.


Well the rest of that would depend on your actual personality. Myself for example, if I have a problem with something that's going on between me and others, I'll point it out and everyone that knows me would know that. So if a series of problems occur and I dislike all of them yet I go along with them anyways then I proceed to talk shit about it after it's all done. I'd be being fake to this persona I have and I'd be doing the opposite of what I claim I would do.

Honestly, the lying to others to spare their feelings part was just a personal thing which was they I put, "Could be considered being fake."

The whole situation you but about going a long with something seemed to be a bit more on the, "I'm unsure of this" side rather than the, "I wholeheartedly disagree" side. Because you weren't 100% on whether or not you disagreed on something, now if that same idea arose again you would know for sure you disagreed with it and I doubt you would try it again.

11419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eng Land
Offline
Posted 7/2/16

TrickedMJ wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

Define 'fake'. I mean, depending on the company or situation I may be more sensible than I otherwise would be, but other than that I'm just me. Even that isn't to 'impress' per se, it's just because I find manners and courtesy to be respectable attributes, so I like to practise what I preach.


I can give you examples, if that'd help. Most people define being fake as just being someone you're not or not doing things you say you would do, etc, etc.

-Acting out of yourself in front of others
-Having a "Friend" then talking shit behind their backs
-Lying to others(even if it's to spare their feelings this can be considered fake)
-Having a problem with something someone says or does but still abiding by it then complaining about it later
-Being someone you're not in order to be "Cool"

I can go on but I'm sure you get the point.

There's a difference between trying to be more respectful and using manners where they're necessary and just straight up using a different persona.


Well I've never faked a persona, but I have used some of the above points. I've told the odd white lie here and there, and I've also played along with stuff I disagree with without speaking up just to see if they're actually onto something that I'm not seeing, and might complain if their idea doesn't work, but I don't see that as 'faking' who I am.


Well the rest of that would depend on your actual personality. Myself for example, if I have a problem with something that's going on between me and others, I'll point it out and everyone that knows me would know that. So if a series of problems occur and I dislike all of them yet I go along with them anyways then I proceed to talk shit about it after it's all done. I'd be being fake to this persona I have and I'd be doing the opposite of what I claim I would do.

Honestly, the lying to others to spare their feelings part was just a personal thing which was they I put, "Could be considered being fake."

The whole situation you but about going a long with something seemed to be a bit more on the, "I'm unsure of this" side rather than the, "I wholeheartedly disagree" side. Because you weren't 100% on whether or not you disagreed on something, now if that same idea arose again you would know for sure you disagreed with it and I doubt you would try it again.



Ah fair enough, I understand. Yeah, I don't try to put on a facade or anything because A. That would take effort, and B. If I'm going to have friends or get anywhere in life I want it to be because I'm me, which I guess means I sort of answered my own question.
Posted 7/2/16
Nope what you see is what you get don't like it not my problem and I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
1022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Meteor City
Offline
Posted 7/2/16
nope, I'm brutally honest. I've cussed out my spanish teacher in front of the entire class, brought a unauthorized petition to fire her down to my principals office, wrote letters to the school board to quit changing up my art class and the way its ran , nagged my freinds about working on actual physics work for once and even said a bunch of bad things about one girl's art piece that sold for 20,000 ( it was bad in my opinion, other pieces should've been in the top 20. ) even if im hated for it i always tell the truth.
4173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reality
Offline
Posted 7/2/16
A fake man isn't a real man
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.