First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Have you ever been attacked or harass for something you like?
19493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
I've been given some shit for liking ecchi anime as well as H visual novels.

Not that I really care in the long run, to each their own.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
I have been attacked and harrassed because of the way I chose to present myself - I dressed in line the the music and culture I was a part of when I was younger. But that was years ago.

The last time I was criticised over something I liked in a way I felt unreasonable - beyond a civil remark or curious question - was actually on this forum !
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

KarenAraragi wrote:

Have you ever been attacked or harass for something you like?

I have been harass for liking Attack On Titan. Because THE AUTOR has some views that are racist. And the manga has characters that are base on real life people who I think did fuck up shit. According to this person logic if I like racist themes in a story it means I support racist views. If I like characters base on real people who did fuck up shit. That means I agree and support those things. So I guess we are all going to hell for liking any movie that shows any Greek god.

This one wasn't me but some Youtuber.
If you play or hear about platoon you know is a very popular game. Well, some Youtuber decide to make a video about the game. But because he/she decide to use this as a thumbnail. Well, some people were losing their shit over this. According to them, this is A need to be age restricted or B you are a pedophile.

What? Do those people realize what are they even saying or I am crazy? Have these people ever been to the beach? Or even know the meaning of the words they are throwing around? Before somebody asks where the video link to where this happened. I try finding it but keep getting somebody else. So I give up.

EDIT. The reason I mention that Youtuber thing is because some people were accusing anybody who likes the thumbnails of being a pedophile. And were even asking for the video to be taking down because what if some kids see the thumbnail. And they find it offensive. While throwing insults at anybody who argue with them. Which is the same thing that happens to me. I disagree and I immediately starts receiving insults.





If you know your not doing anything wrong, Ignore them, do not reward them with your attention.

There are people in your life that you must explain that they are doing an ignorant thing, but in these people's case, are too many and would wear you out.

Save your energy love.
18802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16
lets see
being a furry
liking anime
liking pokemon

somewhat liking SAO as well as AOT
I posted a picture of a arcanine quad suit in a pokemon group on FB and I got a bunch of shit from people saying im a animal fucker which im not
the suit looked really cool
no matter what me, and a few other people who were backing me, would say, the other people would not give up on saying shit
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
Try being a man of faith in a world of atheists.. Now that is a trying experience.
18802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 3/12/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Try being a man of faith in a world of atheists.. Now that is a trying experience.


^ that is a little bit different than what the OP is asking
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

redokami wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Try being a man of faith in a world of atheists.. Now that is a trying experience.


^ that is a little bit different than what the OP is asking


True but very few people aside from atheists have ever said anything negative to me in person..I don't count what anyone behind a computer screen says. So I gotta go with that.
18802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Ranwolf wrote:


redokami wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Try being a man of faith in a world of atheists.. Now that is a trying experience.


^ that is a little bit different than what the OP is asking


True but very few people aside from atheists have ever said anything negative to me in person..I don't count what anyone behind a computer screen says. So I gotta go with that.


being Mormon, people I thought who knew me -turns out they didn't and weren't friends- in rl, thought I was into polygamy
in rl I have been called a child for liking pokemon and to grow up, by people and my own family
I have been called weird and questioned about being a furry, I didn't come out with it until after highschool

and then of course there are the people who hate on AOT and SAO



PS: when I told my grandma about being a furry -she is like....67 - she looked up bestiality , lmfao, and when I visited her the next time she asked me to explain , and that she was curious

I looked at her, mouth agape, and asked "are you serious, are you really asking me this, you LOOKED?"
lmfao
her: yea, it was interesting can you explain it to me?

I was like ....: ...no . don't look at that again please, why would you do that


I guess even after the explaination, and me telling her that there are perverts in every fandom, she thought that is what it is
Posted 3/12/16
I really hate misleading thumbnails. :/
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

redokami wrote:



being Mormon, people I thought who knew me -turns out they didn't and weren't friends- in rl, thought I was into polygamy
in rl I have been called a child for liking pokemon and to grow up, by people and my own family
I have been called weird and questioned about being a furry, I didn't come out with it until after highschool

and then of course there are the people who hate on AOT and SAO


To be fair though the Mormon faith does allow a man to have multiple wives does it not? As for the lack of common courtesy your so called friends and family show ya should be like me. People see the dog tags and scars and either become real respectful or start actually acting somewhat nervous and scared. I mean the former I get the latter I do not, do I come across as intimidating in person or something?

Atheist seem the one exception to the rule, they see the crucifix necklace and the freaking lectures start .
18802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Online
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Ranwolf wrote:


redokami wrote:



being Mormon, people I thought who knew me -turns out they didn't and weren't friends- in rl, thought I was into polygamy
in rl I have been called a child for liking pokemon and to grow up, by people and my own family
I have been called weird and questioned about being a furry, I didn't come out with it until after highschool

and then of course there are the people who hate on AOT and SAO


To be fair though the Mormon faith does allow a man to have multiple wives does it not? As for the lack of common courtesy your so called friends and family show ya should be like me. People see the dog tags and scars and either become real respectful or start actually acting somewhat nervous and scared. I mean the former I get the latter I do not, do I come across as intimidating in person or something?

Atheist seem the one exception to the rule, they see the crucifix necklace and the freaking lectures start .


the reason people think that is because of that stupid TV show.
in reality it is not what we believe

think of it this way, there are multiple different Christian churches
catholic, protestant
they are Christian but believe different things, catholic being the main big one


LDS/Mormon is the main Mormon and then the group that separated doing polygamy

as for the origins : it started with when we were traveling to settle in the west, Mormons were one of the first groups of people to colonize the far west. it even said it in my school history book. lol
that being said it was dangerous, people died, whole families, and whole families were traveling, men women and children in the wagons.
and it took a LONG time to travel.
what happened was that another man was assigned to a family incase the husband died, so that man would take care of the woman and children

it was basically a survival thing. after all of that was done though it was not essential and frowned upon to this day


that is where the second group seperated
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

redokami wrote:

the reason people think that is because of that stupid TV show.
in reality it is not what we believe

think of it this way, there are multiple different Christian churches
catholic, protestant
they are Christian but believe different things, catholic being the main big one


LDS/Mormon is the main Mormon and then the group that separated doing polygamy

as for the origins : it started with when we were traveling to settle in the west, Mormons were one of the first groups of people to colonize the far west. it even said it in my school history book. lol
that being said it was dangerous, people died, whole families, and whole families were traveling, men women and children in the wagons.
and it took a LONG time to travel.
what happened was that another man was assigned to a family incase the husband died, so that man would take care of the woman and children

it was basically a survival thing. after all of that was done though it was not essential and frowned upon to this day


that is where the second group seperated


Ah thanks for the history lesson and clarification then..the only Mormon I know about is good ole John Moses Browning whom soldiers worship basically. My country still uses his Hi-Power pistol design, I carried one into Afghanistan myself so the Mormons have always been good in my book.
26204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
Right now because the world is really worried about being inclusive and non offensive, people who get offended make sure their voices are heard. It's easy to make yourself heard and with this changing world it's easy to step on toes, or worse.

Moving on

There is a big, guilt by association, crap fest going on right now, especially on the internet, and here are a few examples:

1) My sister really liked this show on Netflix called ummm Sense 8 I believe which if anyone had watched two episodes would know that it has a fairly diverse core cast of 8 characters. That said apparently there was a group of people online telling people not to watch the show because two of the four or five writers years ago had said some racist and homophobic stuff. They were not the only people who had made the show, the sentiments they had years ago were not reflected in the show and the show had a diverse cast including non-Caucasian actors and characters, and gay and transgender characters.... Yet because of something said years ago, if you support the show you're a bad person....

2) The CEO of Marvel Entertainment recently donated... I think at least 1 Million dollars to a charity fundraiser. The 'problem' was that the fundraiser was being led by Donald Trump. Well despite the CEO donating his OWN money, not the companies money, and the money not going to Trump's campaign, well suddenly if you support Marvel you support Trump and because Trump is controversial right now that's bad.

3) Less than a year ago there was a massive freak out in the Steven Universe fandom over a fan art content creator. She was accused of being transphobic, racist, and even fat-phobic. But also she had a habit of referring to all her followers and backers as 'friends'
Well someone commissioned a piece from her, I don't know what the content of the piece was but seeing as to the best of my knowledge this artist doesn't do NSFW pieces we can infer that it was tame. After creating the piece it came to light that the person who commissioned it was a sex-offender..... As such because the artist had referred to him as her friend.. along with all her other followers and backers.... she now, according to groups on the internet, supports pedophilia.... Riiigggghhhhhttt

These are just three examples I came up with off the top of my head, I think this shows that there is some guilt by association crap going on in the world right now
3710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Kumamoto, Japan
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

Allie_cat418 wrote:

On the whole AoT thing... isn't Mikasa the only asian (presumably japanese) person alive? If so how are all the other people speaking japanese? Statistically if she's the only racial diversity left it's safe to assume that they are in a european (?) or some other predominantly white country. Because of this shouldn't there be a multitude of different languages being spoken... or maybe even a new universal language?

so many questions not many answers


That's a very weak argument. It goes without saying that they aren't speaking "Japanese" within that world. You can see that much when you look at their official documents, letters, and how they use signs and other materials for advertisements for shops within the show. It's not written in Japanese. They were able to find someone to transcribe it into English.

And no; there wouldn't be a multitude of language spoken because they live together within one huge massive city that has separate little districts. What would seem far more linguistically possible is for there to be specific dialects within each district of the huge city. But multiple languages? No. History shows us that when a group of people inhabit any place for a long period of time that they meld into one language--and they've been living within those walls for hundreds of years.

Now, that doesn't mean that there aren't families who have held on to their ancestor's language and have made a point of passing it down to their children, but linguistically speaking it wouldn't be a cess-pot of multiple languages. Not when each district depends upon another for some sort of resource. No, it would make far more beneficial sense to use one official language. Not to mention, if you look at how the wall was built in the beginning (spoiler alert) there's a good possibility that one of the conditions was to fall in line with whatever language the man in charge wanted.

Japanese is used in the series (anime and manga) because it was created by a Japanese man and because it costs far too much money to fund and produce an anime and then pay to outsource for (good) voice actors to come to Japan and voice your characters for your Japanese anime based on the Japanese manga. If you're going to piss and moan about authenticity of a language being spoken within a cartoon show, you might want to start sending angry letters to Hollywood for giving Greek Gods British accents instead of having them speak their native tongue. Or get angry that in the movie The Gladiator that they spoke English, or that Beauty and the Beast wasn't in French.

C'mon now.
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
idk
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.