First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What is the point of all these silly threads?
Posted 3/11/16 , edited 3/11/16
If you're asking for debate threads, that section has already apparently been taken down. If you want debates, you'll have to wade through the General Discussion like everyone else.

EDIT: Also not really trying to be an @ss here, but you do realize you're kinnnnd of telling everybody what to do here?? Bro if you want debates so badly, then make your own topics, and wade through them instead of complaining about what everyone else is doing.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, if you dislike everything on this forum so badly, why don't you go to another one, instead of asking everyone to change what they're doing to please you? And why does everything have to be "productive", like why can't conversation be fun? These is the internet, we don't get paid for it or anything, why take it so seriously as to assume everything has to have some meaning to it?
27241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/11/16 , edited 3/11/16



lianesrakow wrote:

I'm a psychology major


It doesn't take psychology to figure out that people are out for entertainment...

Besides, you could start one of those awesomesauce meaningful threads yourself
31119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/16

Why doesn't anyone want to talk about like...maybe what you thought the meaning of a certain anime was/you have a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc. etc

Have you tried looking at the discussion threads for various series? Because sometimes those do contain such conversations amidst all the "omg c4nt w8 4 teh nxt ep!!!!" posts - when the series in question even merits discussion. Honestly, much of the medium isn't exactly.. cerebral.

Like...can't we at least stay on the topic of this website?
That being Japanese anime, drama and manga? We'd best delete the general, music, movies, gaming, etc. subforums entirely then if we're going to make all discussion strictly adhere to the site's general purpose. People don't always want to talk about anime all the time, even on an anime site, that's why those subforums exist in the first place.

Must we get all creepily intimate with the questions?

You surely realize people often don't even need an excuse to share the intimate and/or mundane details of their lives to borderline strangers on the internet. You are aware of Facebook, correct?

In any event, if you're dissatisfied with the current threads because they don't discuss anything you wish to, try making your own? You appear capable of it. I know, I know, the idea is sheer madness.
18036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
Random threads are fun. IMO, the more random, the more potential for hilarity; although I have found that some of these subjects are a bit too bizarre.

- I usually get bored after I watch a show.
- I guess I could say that I am a child at heart
- I would definitely describe myself as strange/enigmatic and I am definitely lonely
- I use Google all the time, it's nice and convenient for when I want more info on certain subjects. Although I would have fun posting/asking questions here (CR) which relate to "a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc."

I also usually avoid threads that are "creepily intimate," for obvious reasons.

I have a tendency to over-complicate something as simple as "talk to me." Instead of talking I will instead: overthink the actions leading up to and after the event; or, disregard the idea entirely to save myself from stress.
27241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/12/16
I did some more googling






1mic 
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NYC, USA
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

SylveonLuna I've made plenty of threads about weird questions and they've gotten lots of responses allowing me to see how everyone views them and how everyone is making that answer different or agreeing with one another.
SylveonLuna

To use an analogy from Psychology - the quote above reminds me of the " the Rorschach Inkblot test" - the image itself is random, abstract, perhaps even silly or absurd in it's own way (if one is to divine something from it) - AND YET, like the quote above says it is not the question itself, but rather the responses that allow one "to see how everyone views them".

For example this is an example of such a test:


Instantly, I viewed this as two pony-tailed anime women about to kiss each other.
29731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
You're in General Discussions and asking why people don't stay on topic, and talk about anime? Also, I'd much rather have silly threads here than overly-serious, controversial nonsense.
2638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Online
Posted 3/12/16

lianesrakow wrote:

Hi Crunchyroll forum people.

I was just wondering: what's up with all the random threads? I mean, seriously. The kinds of questions being posted in the discussions right now just seem silly. I'm not going to name them off, because that wouldn't be nice--but can someone please tell me that I'm not alone in finding the subjects really weird and immature?
Are you guys really that bored?
Or are you all just kids or something?
Or strange lonely adults?
It's called google--it's easy and straightforward. Ask your special little questions there, I'm sure it will be edifying. lol

--Anyway. Why can't we all make a concerted effort to actually discuss things that are interesting? Why doesn't anyone want to talk about like...maybe what you thought the meaning of a certain anime was/you have a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc. etc. Like, productive conversation please. Not these idiotic personal questions. Please. Because I'd love to contribute to conversations. But I can literally name an innumerable amount of things that I'd rather do more than participate in a thread about if I fold my socks, or a thread about racism that could have easily just been asked to google instead, out of respect for others.

That's it. It seems like a lot of the threads lack respect for other people.

Like...can't we at least stay on the topic of this website? Must we get all creepily intimate with the questions? It's really strange and seems desperate and honestly makes me wonder why people do these things. Is it loneliness? What's going on people? Why don't you say what you want to say instead of making random threads you don't even care about? Just spit it out and talk to us instead of diverting the issue. Just saying <3

I'm a psychology major, so excuse me for being curious but...this seemed like a more interesting thread that actually tries to answer a real question about all of our interactions here on these forums. Because none of those threads about random stuff are productive at all. Why is it so hard to ask people to talk to you? Honesty is always better than subversion. Well, if that's even what you're after. I have no idea. And that's why I'm posting this thread.

peace, mVIII's~


y so serious?
Posted 3/12/16

lianesrakow wrote:

Hi Crunchyroll forum people.

I was just wondering: what's up with all the random threads? I mean, seriously. The kinds of questions being posted in the discussions right now just seem silly. I'm not going to name them off, because that wouldn't be nice--but can someone please tell me that I'm not alone in finding the subjects really weird and immature?
Are you guys really that bored?
Or are you all just kids or something?
Or strange lonely adults?
It's called google--it's easy and straightforward. Ask your special little questions there, I'm sure it will be edifying. lol

--Anyway. Why can't we all make a concerted effort to actually discuss things that are interesting? Why doesn't anyone want to talk about like...maybe what you thought the meaning of a certain anime was/you have a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc. etc. Like, productive conversation please. Not these idiotic personal questions. Please. Because I'd love to contribute to conversations. But I can literally name an innumerable amount of things that I'd rather do more than participate in a thread about if I fold my socks, or a thread about racism that could have easily just been asked to google instead, out of respect for others.

That's it. It seems like a lot of the threads lack respect for other people.

Like...can't we at least stay on the topic of this website? Must we get all creepily intimate with the questions? It's really strange and seems desperate and honestly makes me wonder why people do these things. Is it loneliness? What's going on people? Why don't you say what you want to say instead of making random threads you don't even care about? Just spit it out and talk to us instead of diverting the issue. Just saying <3

I'm a psychology major, so excuse me for being curious but...this seemed like a more interesting thread that actually tries to answer a real question about all of our interactions here on these forums. Because none of those threads about random stuff are productive at all. Why is it so hard to ask people to talk to you? Honesty is always better than subversion. Well, if that's even what you're after. I have no idea. And that's why I'm posting this thread.

peace, mVIII's~


I understand your point. This is most of the reason why I stay off of the public forums for the most part. I stick to specific groups and find good people to have meaningful conversations about the topics I like. The public forums are a mess. Most of them are sarcastic, depressing as hell, political as hell (which to me should stay off of here to say the least), argumentative, perverted or just completely way off base. Stick to groups, dear. You'll find common interests and passions and won't have to wade around hundreds of threads to find a singular topic or someone capabable of more than sarcasm half of the time if you're looking for long conversations.




mel3b wrote:

hi i like what you said liansrakow thanks this is my very first day here and i feel sic about the things i av read here


Pretty much the same of what I said to the starter of this topic. Welcome, Mel!!! Welcome to CR. Please check out some Groups instead of the the literally thousands of topics, mundane or otherwise. Not only is it streamlined, it's more controlled in subject matter etc. Once again, Welcome to CR!
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

lianesrakow wrote:

Hi Crunchyroll forum people.

I was just wondering: what's up with all the random threads? I mean, seriously. The kinds of questions being posted in the discussions right now just seem silly. I'm not going to name them off, because that wouldn't be nice--but can someone please tell me that I'm not alone in finding the subjects really weird and immature?
Are you guys really that bored?
Or are you all just kids or something?
Or strange lonely adults?
It's called google--it's easy and straightforward. Ask your special little questions there, I'm sure it will be edifying. lol

--Anyway. Why can't we all make a concerted effort to actually discuss things that are interesting? Why doesn't anyone want to talk about like...maybe what you thought the meaning of a certain anime was/you have a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc. etc. Like, productive conversation please. Not these idiotic personal questions. Please. Because I'd love to contribute to conversations. But I can literally name an innumerable amount of things that I'd rather do more than participate in a thread about if I fold my socks, or a thread about racism that could have easily just been asked to google instead, out of respect for others.

That's it. It seems like a lot of the threads lack respect for other people.

Like...can't we at least stay on the topic of this website? Must we get all creepily intimate with the questions? It's really strange and seems desperate and honestly makes me wonder why people do these things. Is it loneliness? What's going on people? Why don't you say what you want to say instead of making random threads you don't even care about? Just spit it out and talk to us instead of diverting the issue. Just saying <3

I'm a psychology major, so excuse me for being curious but...this seemed like a more interesting thread that actually tries to answer a real question about all of our interactions here on these forums. Because none of those threads about random stuff are productive at all. Why is it so hard to ask people to talk to you? Honesty is always better than subversion. Well, if that's even what you're after. I have no idea. And that's why I'm posting this thread.

peace, mVIII's~


Hmm... You're right. There is something wrong with people valuing different things than you.

There are different subforums for discussion on anime and manga. General discussions is the place for things that don't necessarily pertain to that. Such discussions can serve to entertain, to share our views with those who have similar interests, and it can help the forums become more of a community.

You don't really need to be snarky. People have different values and preferences than you - you'd think you'd know that a bit if you cared much for psychology. Why was your major relevant, anyways?
Posted 3/12/16
I make silly threads for many reasons. For example, this thread about covering your nipples, http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-943227/is-it-even-possible-to-cover-your-nipples-with-your-arm-discuss?pg=0 was to poke fun at the nipple covering you usually see in certain anime. Another thread, http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-943253/what-do-you-think-of-average-barbie-and-ken covers a topic where the only debate I've seen are circle jerking youtube comments, which as we all know are bad for any sort of debate.

Truth be told, I hang around the forums out of boredom, and although I detest certain people, it is still relatively entertaining.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

lianesrakow wrote:

Hi Crunchyroll forum people.

I was just wondering: what's up with all the random threads? I mean, seriously. The kinds of questions being posted in the discussions right now just seem silly. I'm not going to name them off, because that wouldn't be nice--but can someone please tell me that I'm not alone in finding the subjects really weird and immature?
Are you guys really that bored?
Or are you all just kids or something?
Or strange lonely adults?
It's called google--it's easy and straightforward. Ask your special little questions there, I'm sure it will be edifying. lol

--Anyway. Why can't we all make a concerted effort to actually discuss things that are interesting? Why doesn't anyone want to talk about like...maybe what you thought the meaning of a certain anime was/you have a theory about your favorite manga or anime etc. etc. Like, productive conversation please. Not these idiotic personal questions. Please. Because I'd love to contribute to conversations. But I can literally name an innumerable amount of things that I'd rather do more than participate in a thread about if I fold my socks, or a thread about racism that could have easily just been asked to google instead, out of respect for others.

That's it. It seems like a lot of the threads lack respect for other people.

Like...can't we at least stay on the topic of this website? Must we get all creepily intimate with the questions? It's really strange and seems desperate and honestly makes me wonder why people do these things. Is it loneliness? What's going on people? Why don't you say what you want to say instead of making random threads you don't even care about? Just spit it out and talk to us instead of diverting the issue. Just saying <3

I'm a psychology major, so excuse me for being curious but...this seemed like a more interesting thread that actually tries to answer a real question about all of our interactions here on these forums. Because none of those threads about random stuff are productive at all. Why is it so hard to ask people to talk to you? Honesty is always better than subversion. Well, if that's even what you're after. I have no idea. And that's why I'm posting this thread.

peace, mVIII's~


Discussion about anime goes in anime, manga goes in manga, talk about each other goes in chit chat and miscellaneous goes in general.
There's nothing wrong with asking here instead of google, if someone wants to know this community's thought on a subject then here is the most practical place for such questions.

OP, you are being a hypocrite.
I could easily say "Why don't you google it?"
4260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / The Shire, England
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

The innuendo in that profile picture though...
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16
sometimes testing people what they think or would react same with showing a picture or video to another they will make some thought about it and here they can say it (ofc everything restricted by forum rules, so why we don't have worse or much ___ topics/threads)

atleast there is something to, see, think, give different opinions from very different people and much more?

10228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
I prefer the silly threads with random light-hearted questions to the political debates where you end up seeing a load of comments that are just so stupid you want to facepalm.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.