First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply trump cancels rally after protestors show up
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

Ejanss wrote:


runec wrote:You blamed both sides and cited only financial corruption. When clearly the topic of discussion was the violence, stupidity and xenophobia on display. No one said anything about the Tea Party or Occupy. We are clearly talking about the racism, fearmongering, etc going on. Which is only occurring on one side and is the end result of the GOP courting that woeful segment of the population for the last several years. Then being surprised when they voted in people like themselves and began tearing the party apart internally.


One blogger pointed out how it IS the Right's own creation:
In their twenty-year search to "avenge" against Bill Clinton, by making sure no winning Democratic president ever succeeds at any achievement in his administration, they've created angrily hyperbolic rhetoric that the Democratic presidents "take over" once they've been elected. (Since they can't understand why the winning president would have such public support for his policies.)
They create the image that Clinton, quote, "personally violated the Constitution for himself", and that Obama "wanted to sic his own brand of healthcare on us to turn the country Socialist", etc....Which only backfired and created the idea in the Right's mind that once elected, like those nasty Democrats for sixteen years, a president Gets To Do Whatever He Wants. And that all it takes to fix the country is to win an election, and then YOU Get to Do Whatever You Want.

Think it's safe to say, our Constitution doesn't work like that. But it's exactly what Trump's promising because he politically doesn't know any better, and it's attracting the equally dim/angry people who also think that's the way it works.
More experienced ex-senators and governors know they can't promise that, and that's why Trump's supporters say they "aren't hearing" the sheriff's-gonna-clean-up-this-town rhetoric from the other candidates, and rally themselves behind their own angry fantasy.


With Obama though, it was because he was black.

Come on, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Yeah he would've still got crap because of his Democrat background, but he got more crap than Clinton 'cause he was black.
35037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Morbidhanson wrote:

"We're shutting down fascism using fascist tactics! Not hypocritical at all!"

This protest demonstrates exactly what is wrong with the masses in the US today. And they're STILL BLOCKING THE DAMN ROADS. Come ON, people.

If you don't like the gathering and that's as far as your reasoning to disrupt it goes, at least demonstrate peacefully. So what. Someone merely says something offensive. Boo hoo. If you lash out physically, it's still your fault because you began the physical altercation. It's not a law to be rude or to be a douche, but it is very illegal to incite violence for no other reason than that you didn't like what was being said.


Right, and if and when Trump supporters should engage peaceful protestors violently (as they have done) and Trump encourages violence against protestors and harassment of reporters (as he has) you highlight that by speaking to the press about it (as people have been doing). When one discovers that people have been engaging in violence against Hispanic people due to inspiration from Trump's rhetoric (which has happened), when one discovers that leaders of terrorist groups have been endorsing Trump and that Trump has pretended to not know who they are when he clearly does given his past assessments of the same people (which has also happened), and when all of this is collectively anathema to the USA's broader sensibilities (which is what is expected if Trump should enter the general election) there is no need to respond violently. If anything doing so undermines one's case against Trump's base and campaign since it gives them the opportunity to pivot and declare the people opposing them and the political left in general violent thugs (which we see happening even here, right now). Shutting down the rally with protest rather than merely being present and seen/heard in attendance only emboldens and solidifies Trump's base (though the shutdown was ultimately Trump's call and had things proceeded nonviolently throughout the shutdown would've reflected badly on him), and any protestor that engaged in any act of violence may as well have punched themselves. It'd have the same effect.
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Nogara-san wrote:

One blogger pointed out how it IS the Right's own creation:
In their twenty-year search to "avenge" against Bill Clinton, by making sure no winning Democratic president ever succeeds at any achievement in his administration, they've created angrily hyperbolic rhetoric that the Democratic presidents "take over" once they've been elected. (Since they can't understand why the winning president would have such public support for his policies.)
They create the image that Clinton, quote, "personally violated the Constitution for himself", and that Obama "wanted to sic his own brand of healthcare on us to turn the country Socialist", etc....Which only backfired and created the idea in the Right's mind that once elected, like those nasty Democrats for sixteen years, a president Gets To Do Whatever He Wants. And that all it takes to fix the country is to win an election, and then YOU Get to Do Whatever You Want.


With Obama though, it was because he was black.

Come on, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Yeah he would've still got crap because of his Democrat background, but he got more crap than Clinton 'cause he was black.


The birthing search for mythical Kenyan and Nigerian birth certificates (and who started that again, let's see?) was race-baiting, the "Muslim" accusation (was that one of his, too?) was because of the funny name that sounded like someone else's at the time.

The obsessive--and I mean obsessive, in the psychiatric sense--bee in their bonnet about the Healthcare thing was more in the "You don't want Hillary to give us another eight years of Bill!" category.
If they want to blame Bill for stopping the Reagan era in its tracks, they should really be blaming Bush Sr. being so whiny that made it so easy, but that would be like saying bad things about one of their own.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

Ejanss wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

One blogger pointed out how it IS the Right's own creation:
In their twenty-year search to "avenge" against Bill Clinton, by making sure no winning Democratic president ever succeeds at any achievement in his administration, they've created angrily hyperbolic rhetoric that the Democratic presidents "take over" once they've been elected. (Since they can't understand why the winning president would have such public support for his policies.)
They create the image that Clinton, quote, "personally violated the Constitution for himself", and that Obama "wanted to sic his own brand of healthcare on us to turn the country Socialist", etc....Which only backfired and created the idea in the Right's mind that once elected, like those nasty Democrats for sixteen years, a president Gets To Do Whatever He Wants. And that all it takes to fix the country is to win an election, and then YOU Get to Do Whatever You Want.


With Obama though, it was because he was black.

Come on, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Yeah he would've still got crap because of his Democrat background, but he got more crap than Clinton 'cause he was black.


The birthing search for mythical Kenyan and Nigerian birth certificates (and who started that again, let's see?) was race-baiting, the "Muslim" accusation (was that one of his, too?) was because of the funny name that sounded like someone else's at the time.


Notice the press ain't doing that shit for Cruz(who's actually Canadian) or Rubio(Cuban?). That's one thing I agree with Drumpf on.




The obsessive--and I mean obsessive, in the psychiatric sense--bee in their bonnet about the Healthcare thing was more in the "You don't want Hillary to give us another eight years of Bill!" category.
If they want to blame Bill for stopping the Reagan era in its tracks, they should really be blaming Bush Sr. being so whiny that made it so easy, but that would be like saying bad things about one of their own.



The Healthcare thing was more of the GOP's stance on 'F**K Poor people.' To be honest, I'm not a fan of Obamacare myself. I think his intention was in the right place, but it was just done wrong...


14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Nogara-san wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
The birthing search for mythical Kenyan and Nigerian birth certificates (and who started that again, let's see?) was race-baiting, the "Muslim" accusation (was that one of his, too?) was because of the funny name that sounded like someone else's at the time.


Notice the press ain't doing that shit for Cruz(who's actually Canadian) or Rubio(Cuban?). That's one thing I agree with Drumpf on.


Oh no, Trump did offer a challenge for Cruz to show his Canadian birth certificate. Never give up a good shtick that works.

(Also falls in line with the new Republican strategy that even if a Democratic president wins, you can still hope to "disqualify" him out of office on an impeachment offense or a qualification technicality, and then the Supreme Court will have to repeal all his legislation because it "didn't count". So there.)
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

Ejanss wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
The birthing search for mythical Kenyan and Nigerian birth certificates (and who started that again, let's see?) was race-baiting, the "Muslim" accusation (was that one of his, too?) was because of the funny name that sounded like someone else's at the time.


Notice the press ain't doing that shit for Cruz(who's actually Canadian) or Rubio(Cuban?). That's one thing I agree with Drumpf on.


Oh no, Trump did offer a challenge for Cruz to show his Canadian birth certificate. Never give up a good shtick that works.

(Also falls in line with the new Republican strategy that even if a Democratic president wins, you can still hope to "disqualify" him out of office on an impeachment offense or a qualification technicality, and then the Supreme Court will have to repeal all his legislation because it "didn't count". So there.)



I think that's what they'll try and do if Hillary wins.


Posted 3/12/16
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Nogara-san wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
Oh no, Trump did offer a challenge for Cruz to show his Canadian birth certificate. Never give up a good shtick that works.

(Also falls in line with the new Republican strategy that even if a Democratic president wins, you can still hope to "disqualify" him out of office on an impeachment offense or a qualification technicality, and then the Supreme Court will have to repeal all his legislation because it "didn't count". So there.)


I think that's what they'll try and do if Hillary wins.


Yep, they tried that too, back before the '08 elections, floating a Constitutional challenge of "Whether the wife of a living former US president should be allowed to serve in office". Which dropped the penny about their motivations a bit loudly.

(Particularly neglecting the fact that the son of a living former US president was in office at the time.)


stars201 wrote:



Okay, "Bad orange fake-tan", what does that mean to the discussion?
Posted 3/12/16
oh not its the end of the world omg! what shall i do> lights another cig
27282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

op6sonic wrote:

Im actually voting for Donald Trump


you must hate america x.x
1074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of Lakotah
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/13/16
51435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16 , edited 3/12/16

Morbidhanson wrote:

"We're shutting down fascism using fascist tactics! Not hypocritical at all!"

This protest demonstrates exactly what is wrong with the masses in the US today. And they're STILL BLOCKING THE DAMN ROADS. Come ON, people.

If you don't like the gathering and that's as far as your reasoning to disrupt it goes, at least demonstrate peacefully. So what. Someone merely says something offensive. Boo hoo. If you lash out physically, it's still your fault because you began the physical altercation. It's not a law to be rude or to be a douche, but it is very illegal to incite violence for no other reason than that you didn't like what was being said.


The problem with this is that protesting peacefully at Trump rallies has only resulted in the protesters getting assaulted repeatedly and it hasn't damaged Trump at all. It's really hard to have your voice heard when Trump himself is encouraging his supporters to assault anyone who disagrees with him. Just being Muslim and sitting quietly with a shirt that says you don't like Trump is enough to get you kicked out of his rallies. There was a Trump supporter who attacked a black guy just for being at a rally. He said that next time he'll actually kill. As always, Trump takes the side of his dillusional violent supporters and continues to encourage them to attack people. Even Trump's own campaign manager attacked a reporter just the other day and Trump is saying there's nothing wrong.

I'm not saying these violent protesters were right to be violent. I'm just that if you punch someone in the face and knock them down, you shouldn't be surprised and crying fowl when that person gets back up and gives you an uppercut. People have tried protesting peacefully at Trump's rallies many times for months and it's only resulted in them getting viciously attacked by rabid dogs with Trump blowing the whistle. It was only a matter of time before someone tried taking the fight directly to Trump to see how he feels when he's on the receiving end. If you're telling millions of your supporters that it's good to hate everyone and attack anyone who disagrees with you, at that point you can't act surprised when someone comes up to you and tries to grab you in the middle of your speech.

All the people blaming for protesters for this mess seem to have a double standard. The actions of the protesters say "Trump and I disagree with each other. Why is he allowed to attack me, but I'm the bad guy if I treat Trump the way he treats me?" Again, I'm not trying to justify the violence. It's just very hypocritical to blame the protesters for retaliating after months of attacks from Trump and his cult.
1003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/12/16
Says he'll be tough on ISIS... can't handle protesters...
Posted 3/12/16

runec wrote:

He's jumpy as shit now too:

https://twitter.com/meganspecia/status/708699132244987906

Like its finally starting to dawn on him what he has created. -.-




Did he just instinctively duck for cover. ¯\_(^_^ )_/¯
runec 
28306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/16

nanikore2 wrote:
.............and none of this would even be happening without the collective failure of the Republicrats and the Demopublicans

If people are feeling so darn empowered and included across the board then where would you think this sort of stuff would go?


Are you trying to say the Democrats are just as bad here because they couldn't stop the Republican's decades long campaign of fearmongering? Or are you continuing to persistently misunderstand or willfully ignore that we were talking about the violence and stupidity on full display at only one candidate's rallies on one side? -.-
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.