First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply ABOLISH Daylight Savings Time
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/14/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
Could you answer the question?


I could but I don't see how it's any more relevant than my question that you refuse to answer.


Of course it's relevant. If you actually work for a living, you would know why using solar time would be a really, really, dumb, idea.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/14/16

nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
Could you answer the question?


I could but I don't see how it's any more relevant than my question that you refuse to answer.


Of course it's relevant. If you actually work for a living, you would know why using solar time would be a really, really, dumb, idea.


Well you've failed to explain how this would be the case.
Speaking of "really, really, dumb, ideas": your argument against solar is that everyone would be using standard time.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/14/16 , edited 3/14/16

nanikore2 wrote:
EDIT: United States petition to Congress to End DST http://www.petition2congress.com/6284/end-daylight-savings-time/


Ignorance is bliss.

Daylight Saving participation is not controlled by congress.

Not all states use Daylight Savings. Most U.S. territories do not use Daylight Savings.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/14/16
I too would like DST abolished. I lost an hour of FFXIV gaming time because of this...
Humms 
10561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/14/16
But..... it gives me more energy
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/14/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
Could you answer the question?


I could but I don't see how it's any more relevant than my question that you refuse to answer.


Of course it's relevant. If you actually work for a living, you would know why using solar time would be a really, really, dumb, idea.


Well you've failed to explain how this would be the case.
Speaking of "really, really, dumb, ideas": your argument against solar is that everyone would be using standard time.


I have already mentioned the unequal work hours. It's not my fault that you don't read it. How are Outlook meeting timeslots going to be booked across different areas? This is even assuming people don't mind working extra long in the summer.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/14/16

nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
Could you answer the question?


I could but I don't see how it's any more relevant than my question that you refuse to answer.


Of course it's relevant. If you actually work for a living, you would know why using solar time would be a really, really, dumb, idea.


Well you've failed to explain how this would be the case.
Speaking of "really, really, dumb, ideas": your argument against solar is that everyone would be using standard time.


I have already mentioned the unequal work hours. It's not my fault that you don't read it. How are Outlook meeting timeslots going to be booked across different areas? This is even assuming people don't mind working extra long in the summer.


They can count hours, it's not difficult.
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/14/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
Could you answer the question?


I could but I don't see how it's any more relevant than my question that you refuse to answer.


Of course it's relevant. If you actually work for a living, you would know why using solar time would be a really, really, dumb, idea.


Well you've failed to explain how this would be the case.
Speaking of "really, really, dumb, ideas": your argument against solar is that everyone would be using standard time.


I have already mentioned the unequal work hours. It's not my fault that you don't read it. How are Outlook meeting timeslots going to be booked across different areas? This is even assuming people don't mind working extra long in the summer.


They can count hours, it's not difficult.


Count what hours? Everyone sit with a stopwatch? Stopwatch can't keep track of Outlook.

Again, do you work for a living?
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/14/16

Dariamus wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:
EDIT: United States petition to Congress to End DST http://www.petition2congress.com/6284/end-daylight-savings-time/


Ignorance is bliss.

Daylight Saving participation is not controlled by congress.

Not all states use Daylight Savings. Most U.S. territories do not use Daylight Savings.


A Federal legislation would eliminate the need to do this state-by-state.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/15/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Count what hours? Everyone sit with a stopwatch? Stopwatch can't keep track of Outlook.

Again, do you work for a living?


You're assuming everyone is incapable of keeping track of how many hours they work, mabe you can't but most people that have jobs are hired because they're at least that competent .
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/15/16 , edited 3/15/16

Sir_jamesalot wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Count what hours? Everyone sit with a stopwatch? Stopwatch can't keep track of Outlook.

Again, do you work for a living?


You're assuming everyone is incapable of keeping track of how many hours they work, mabe you can't but most people that have jobs are hired because they're at least that competent .


Yes and they keep track of the hours with a what? Solar sundial? Which solar hour, the longer solar hours or the shorter ones on a different lattitude?

I'm not sure if you're really keeping track of your own narrative or just picking around. Do I need to remind you of what yourself is talking about?
AX-9 
6810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/15/16
It is pointless, all where doing is tricking our self's into thinking "We have more light" or "We have more time".
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/15/16

nanikore2 wrote:



Yes and they keep track of the hours with a what? Solar sundial? Which solar hour, the longer solar hours or the shorter ones on a different lattitude?

I'm not sure if you're really keeping track of your own narrative or just picking around. Do I need to remind you of what yourself is talking about?


Mate you do realise modern clocks compute time relative to the rotation of the earth right not the orbital pattern around the sun? The amount of the earth's rotation in a hour does not change drastically seasonally ya do know right?
27271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 3/15/16

Ranwolf wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:



Yes and they keep track of the hours with a what? Solar sundial? Which solar hour, the longer solar hours or the shorter ones on a different lattitude?

I'm not sure if you're really keeping track of your own narrative or just picking around. Do I need to remind you of what yourself is talking about?


Mate you do realise modern clocks compute time relative to the rotation of the earth right not the orbital pattern around the sun? The amount of the earth's rotation in a hour does not change drastically seasonally ya do know right?


"Mate" stop cutting into conversations you haven't been keeping track of. He was talking about switching over everything to SOLAR TIME.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/15/16 , edited 3/15/16

nanikore2 wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:



Yes and they keep track of the hours with a what? Solar sundial? Which solar hour, the longer solar hours or the shorter ones on a different lattitude?

I'm not sure if you're really keeping track of your own narrative or just picking around. Do I need to remind you of what yourself is talking about?


Mate you do realise modern clocks compute time relative to the rotation of the earth right not the orbital pattern around the sun? The amount of the earth's rotation in a hour does not change drastically seasonally ya do know right?


"Mate" stop cutting into conversations you haven't been keeping track of. He was talking about switching over everything to SOLAR TIME.


Have you ever seen an hour glass and wondered how it can keep track of an hour without synchronising with anything?

You can take the standard of the second as an example:
It's not based on anything in the real world, it's defined by a frequency much like the metre is defined by the length of a specific beam of light.
This second is then used separate from the calendar and "real time".
The length of day, month and year may be subject to the calendar but the second is it's own standard and can be used for timing outside of that.
For the second to be based on solar time we would first need tech much better than the NIST F2 but that doesn't mean it can't be done or that it would be less accurate than basing it off something completely unrelated like the frequency of an atom.
While I'm sure a lot of people would hate the idea of a constantly changing standard, if the point is accuracy then that's how it must be because it is always changing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.