First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The insult "Get a life" & "You'll never have a life"
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / c + 6i
Offline
Posted 3/13/16 , edited 3/13/16
I think you need to start looking for positive things in your life and focus on those. Later in life, when you’re out of school what will matter is your ability to form connections, your ability to sell yourself to an employer (unless you have a realistic idea for a business) and other things you are probably not practicing now.

You need other people that are willing to help you (like paying you salary) and the ability to find them by yourself. Also, you need an attitude that will not piss off the other side, because you'll just get ignored and left alone to die. Just understand that no one really cares what happens to you, because everyone is busy with their own lives.

You will be a valuable person if you are able to offer something to another, something that will help the other person with whatever they do. Learn to demand things from others. Learn to be rejected and not agreed with. Be able to defend yourself.

I think you are too focused on "those people" and forget that "those people" are not the only ones in this world. If they really piss you off then I recommend going out and running around to get the frustration down. Doing something physically helps. Sitting in front of a monitor all day will just tire you out.

Oh, and don't forget to keep your daily schedule. I’m like going to sleep at 8 a.m. and waking up around 4 p.m., but then, I have my own problems.
Posted 3/13/16 , edited 3/13/16
Honestly it pisses me off more when people tell people to go kill themselves.


Honestly, I wouldn't really call it offensive, but people need to take suicide more seriously. It's not something to joke about..
47427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/16
I am sorry if i sound like an ass here but if a person talks about people behaving like a main character and him doing stuff makes him more like a main charterer i can not help myself but think "Yeah man get a life" or at the very least a reality check.

You also say that you hope your social awkwardness will not kick in which sounds to me that you at least to a degree share the fear of your mother that you never will get a job.

What kind of game do you want to make anyways? i assume a pc game of sorts since you mentioned coding as well?
If thats the case and if you are really 15 as your profile indicates i can not help but wonder if you actually made any form of research into what you wanted to do and if you did how the hell could you hope to ever archive that if you can be stooped as easily as you described.....

I do not know what kind of pathetic live your parents are living but as long as you can afford to go online and bitch about them it would seem that they at least managed to provide you with more then the essentials
Posted 3/13/16

Doomedfox wrote:

I am sorry if i sound like an ass here but if a person talks about people behaving like a main character and him doing stuff makes him more like a main charterer i can not help myself but think "Yeah man get a life" or at the very least a reality check.

You also say that you hope your social awkwardness will not kick in which sounds to me that you at least to a degree share the fear of your mother that you never will get a job.

What kind of game do you want to make anyways? i assume a pc game of sorts since you mentioned coding as well?
If thats the case and if you are really 15 as your profile indicates i can not help but wonder if you actually made any form of research into what you wanted to do and if you did how the hell could you hope to ever archive that if you can be stooped as easily as you described.....

I do not know what kind of pathetic live your parents are living but as long as you can afford to go online and bitch about them it would seem that they at least managed to provide you with more then the essentials


My social awkwardness is just I'm weird in public and If I don't get a job I don't have money to spend on things.

I'll be attempting to learn coding making a game is quite long difficult obviously and it'll be a real pain however me and my friends are quite prepared to make a game for fun really.

Pathetic lifestyle not as in poor as in the way they live not in money.

Can't really describe it at the moment.
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/13/16 , edited 3/13/16

SylveonLuna wrote:

Alright let's dive into this.

Recently the people I live with are consistently telling me to "get a life" or "You'll never have a life".

These terms really piss me off from the hypocritical people they come from.

For example, My mother has always said how I'm so useless I'll never get a job etc. However whenever I clean I go on for hours making it a well done and finished cleaning yet when she even ATTEMPTS to get a project done she ends up saying "Oh I give up this will never be clean" Yet... I'll be forced to end up cleaning it in the future.

This really annoys me because they act as if they are a main character as if everything bad or good happens them and them only. I suppose its only fair they act that way really considering the perspective this reality gives to everyone is somewhat of a main character perspective.

Back on the topic they also like to keep to the lesson of "Only do things for yourself" Yet again more hypocritical things that adds to the list of things these people I live with do considering I have to be forced to do all their work which makes me sound like a main character due to all the things happening to myself.

EDIT: I also have to make things for them apparently and go out of my way to bring them the remote to the TV that is a tiny bit out of their arm reach... I hate these people so much -.-

I find this really annoying as well that these people don't know how tech has evolved and that whenever I want to pursue something like making a game or learning coding they make me get distracted by forcing me to clean up after their own pathetic life style.

I want to ask you all. What the hell should I even do in this situation.

I'm stuck with people I despise and overall hate the things they force me to do.

Hopefully I'm going to get a job in a month from now when I'm able too hopefully not have my social awkwardness kick in.

Hell I've even been tempted to yell off my quote on my profile however that has yet to happen considering I have no real choice but to keep staying with these freaks until I'm able to leave.

Sorry about annoying you all with this rant I just want to know.

What instances have you had with people saying get a life?

What do you think of that?

What should I do?


There's a grain of truth to every lie. If something bothers you like that there's truth to it, even if you do have a life you may not be happy with your current cercumstances. If you want to change this I suggest you...

1. Change your world veiw, so as to be able to shrug it off.
2. Actually do something to change your current cercumstances.
3. Don't associate with those people.
4. Join a gang or cult.

27498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 3/13/16
Life serves no purpose so just do what you enjoy doing until you die.
37144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/16
If they are providing for you, you should do what they say without complaining. That's just how it works. Most of your complaints seem to be relatively minor. Stop focusing so much on what you do compared to other people. Other people don't matter. What you do does. Consider your own flaws before others.

I do agree that they should not be telling you things like "get a life" or "you will never find a job". They should be supportive and give you confidence. If you are told something enough, eventually you start to believe it, and then live it; especially when it's coming from your parents or authority figures. We don't all have great parents and role models though. You may have to accept that and take even more responsibility for yourself.
8952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / U.A Highschool
Offline
Posted 3/13/16
Frist off what is a life?
17172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/16

ayaundwolf wrote:


That's a pretty basic insult I hear spewed from the mouths of people who have a very specific definition of "life" that involves nothing but forced socializing, drinking, and spending time with the family (by which I mean sitting around the television at the same time). Anyway, my advice for you, if your mother is anything like my mother, would be just to put up with it until you're out. There was no reasoning with her, no matter how polite or severe I was in explanation.


What she says.

It's sounds like an adult/growing teen power dynamic. Take a deep breath, talk to friends and know that this will change when you decide how to change, and know what you can't change.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/14/16
@SylveonLuna

Here's the deal. Whether or not you accurately described the situation, (And I have my doubts, having recently been a dumbass teen) it is all essentially irrelevant. Regardless of how bad it is or isn't, the only person whom is keeping you from actually accomplishing the things you want to do, is yourself. Suck it up, push harder, and go be the game designer you're striving to be.

As for your relationship with your family, either dig deep and find a way to garner some respect for what they do because I guarantee you there is something there, or don't and stop giving a fuck about what they think. If you choose the second option, learn to tell them no. (FYI this won't go over well, but you can vindicate yourself through success. Prepare for a rough couple of years though.)


Basically I'm advising you to start acting like an adult. Just going based off the way you worded your post, developmentally, this is something you might not be ready for yet. I can remember that being frustrating, but I also believe that people are capable of a lot more than most would give them credit for.
Posted 3/14/16
i tell myself to get a life...
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/14/16
Get a life just means "I don't like/agree with what you're doing so you should do something else"
Posted 3/14/16

SylveonLuna wrote:

Alright let's dive into this.

Recently the people I live with are consistently telling me to "get a life" or "You'll never have a life".

These terms really piss me off from the hypocritical people they come from.

For example, My mother has always said how I'm so useless I'll never get a job etc. However whenever I clean I go on for hours making it a well done and finished cleaning yet when she even ATTEMPTS to get a project done she ends up saying "Oh I give up this will never be clean" Yet... I'll be forced to end up cleaning it in the future.

This really annoys me because they act as if they are a main character as if everything bad or good happens them and them only. I suppose its only fair they act that way really considering the perspective this reality gives to everyone is somewhat of a main character perspective.

Back on the topic they also like to keep to the lesson of "Only do things for yourself" Yet again more hypocritical things that adds to the list of things these people I live with do considering I have to be forced to do all their work which makes me sound like a main character due to all the things happening to myself.

EDIT: I also have to make things for them apparently and go out of my way to bring them the remote to the TV that is a tiny bit out of their arm reach... I hate these people so much -.-

I find this really annoying as well that these people don't know how tech has evolved and that whenever I want to pursue something like making a game or learning coding they make me get distracted by forcing me to clean up after their own pathetic life style.

I want to ask you all. What the hell should I even do in this situation.

I'm stuck with people I despise and overall hate the things they force me to do.

Hopefully I'm going to get a job in a month from now when I'm able too hopefully not have my social awkwardness kick in.

Hell I've even been tempted to yell off my quote on my profile however that has yet to happen considering I have no real choice but to keep staying with these freaks until I'm able to leave.

Sorry about annoying you all with this rant I just want to know.

What instances have you had with people saying get a life?

What do you think of that?

What should I do?

SOMEBODY HELP THIS
POOR GIRL SHE NEEDS ALIFE COME JOIN MY DUNGEON LIL ONE

18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 3/14/16

52infinity wrote:


SylveonLuna wrote:

Alright let's dive into this.

Recently the people I live with are consistently telling me to "get a life" or "You'll never have a life".

These terms really piss me off from the hypocritical people they come from.

For example, My mother has always said how I'm so useless I'll never get a job etc. However whenever I clean I go on for hours making it a well done and finished cleaning yet when she even ATTEMPTS to get a project done she ends up saying "Oh I give up this will never be clean" Yet... I'll be forced to end up cleaning it in the future.

This really annoys me because they act as if they are a main character as if everything bad or good happens them and them only. I suppose its only fair they act that way really considering the perspective this reality gives to everyone is somewhat of a main character perspective.

Back on the topic they also like to keep to the lesson of "Only do things for yourself" Yet again more hypocritical things that adds to the list of things these people I live with do considering I have to be forced to do all their work which makes me sound like a main character due to all the things happening to myself.

EDIT: I also have to make things for them apparently and go out of my way to bring them the remote to the TV that is a tiny bit out of their arm reach... I hate these people so much -.-

I find this really annoying as well that these people don't know how tech has evolved and that whenever I want to pursue something like making a game or learning coding they make me get distracted by forcing me to clean up after their own pathetic life style.

I want to ask you all. What the hell should I even do in this situation.

I'm stuck with people I despise and overall hate the things they force me to do.

Hopefully I'm going to get a job in a month from now when I'm able too hopefully not have my social awkwardness kick in.

Hell I've even been tempted to yell off my quote on my profile however that has yet to happen considering I have no real choice but to keep staying with these freaks until I'm able to leave.

Sorry about annoying you all with this rant I just want to know.

What instances have you had with people saying get a life?

What do you think of that?

What should I do?


There's a grain of truth to every lie. If something bothers you like that there's truth to it, even if you do have a life you may not be happy with your current cercumstances. If you want to change this I suggest you...

1. Change your world veiw, so as to be able to shrug it off.
2. Actually do something to change your current cercumstances.
3. Don't associate with those people.
4. Join a gang or cult.



I love how infinity takes things serious and then, BAM!

Luna dear, I grew up in a place where the government doesn't care about anyone, not about the city, not about the environment, not about its people and even less about women.

So imagine this... You're walking in the streets and because you're a girl, they call you everything, they follow you in groups, they stalk you to your house, they touch you, they rape you.

Of course, I never got to the latter one, however, you can imagine how miserable is my life everyday by facing these type of people and how my self-esteem is damaged making me feel unworthy and insecure of how I'm.

Being depressed is part of a human being, it eases your sorrows and reminds you how human you're. It's bad to let it all inside.
Change your world perspective is something I'll recommend. Your world isn't centre in the confines of your surroundings, there's lots of suffering out there also, it's there, where you least expect them to be.
30052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/15/16
I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounce off me and sticks to you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.