First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What's your "buzz" word(s)?
xxJing 
37187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 3/17/16
None. Wanting to leave is my default, they can't say anything that would make me want to leave any more. Their job is to say something interesting enough that I want to stay and talk.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/17/16 , edited 3/17/16

1stladyent wrote:
Yes. Gluten.

Nobody ever used that stupid word up until the last couple of years. Every single uppity nonsensical corporate woman I've had to unfortunately deal with says they're allergic to it. Just eat the damn bread.
Sure like Vegan's or religious (muslim or other) as they most likely have eaten something with that content in it....
But... such as allergy to wheat or atleast gluten... thats REALLY dangerous (if they aren't faking ofc...) as that would mostly kill them -__- ughh... (throat blocked.. suffocate and yeah... or other problems deeper inside) ....
As a muslim eating meat or a "vegan" do it is not problem and does not hurt them and could in fact help them (special cases).

Same with milk and some of those drinking lactose free milk and thinking its more healthy...

7898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 3/17/16
I get vegan, I get Rastafarian, I get Muslim and Middle Eastern culture of not eating meat, and I respect it.

I don't respect people who blindly follow a trend because it's the "in" thing to complain about. The people I'm talking about will eat pasta and doughnuts, but they have a gluten allergy?? They've eaten food with gravy and other thick sauces but are allergic? The ones who'll go out for beers with their galpals and some guys...really? Allergic? These are the same dumbasses that think Splenda, Equal, Sweet & Low are healthier than real sugar. These are the same dumb people that would rather follow a marketing label on food rather than eat whole foods because calories, sugar-free, soy-free, peanut-free, dairy-free, meat-free, water-free is what it says.

If you're really allergic or celiac, I get it. But there's no way that every single person and their girlfriend is allergic since last week. It's just being thrown around as an excuse to "diet". And it makes them sound stupid AF.
7898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 3/17/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


1stladyent wrote:
Yes. Gluten.

Nobody ever used that stupid word up until the last couple of years. Every single uppity nonsensical corporate woman I've had to unfortunately deal with says they're allergic to it. Just eat the damn bread.
Sure like Vegan's or religious (muslim or other) as they most likely have eaten something with that content in it....
But... such as allergy to wheat or atleast gluten... thats REALLY dangerous (if they aren't faking ofc...) as that would mostly kill them -__- ughh... (throat blocked.. suffocate and yeah... or other problems deeper inside) ....
As a muslim eating meat or a "vegan" do it is not problem and does not hurt them and could in fact help them (special cases).

Same with milk and some of those drinking lactose free milk and thinking its more healthy...




I get vegan, I get Rastafarian, I get Muslim and Middle Eastern culture of not eating meat, and I respect it.

I don't respect people who blindly follow a trend because it's the "in" thing to complain about. The people I'm talking about will eat pasta and doughnuts, but they have a gluten allergy?? They've eaten food with gravy and other thick sauces but are allergic? The ones who'll go out for beers with their galpals and some guys...really? Allergic? These are the same dumbasses that think Splenda, Equal, Sweet & Low are healthier than real sugar. These are the same dumb people that would rather follow a marketing label on food rather than eat whole foods because calories, sugar-free, soy-free, peanut-free, dairy-free, meat-free, water-free is what it says.

If you're really allergic or celiac, I get it. But there's no way that every single person and their girlfriend is allergic since last week. It's just being thrown around as an excuse to "diet". And it makes them sound stupid AF.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/17/16 , edited 3/17/16

1stladyent wrote:
These are the same dumbasses that think Splenda, Equal, Sweet & Low are healthier than real sugar. These are the same dumb people that would rather follow a marketing label on food rather than eat whole foods because calories, sugar-free, soy-free, peanut-free, dairy-free, meat-free, water-free is what it says.

If you're really allergic or celiac, I get it. But there's no way that every single person and their girlfriend is allergic since last week. It's just being thrown around as an excuse to "diet". And it makes them sound stupid AF.
well to be a bit "fair" it can be what method its used for/in either cooked or "raw"/dough like milk maybe don't have a problem if its used in something but drinking it like it is does not work out.

and yes its annoying, tedious when they just say that or oh I am allergic but give me something with that in (then those making that food would not take you seriously even though it could be only the way it was treated so that would be good if explained before ordering)
sugar-free? is anything really sugar free? XP Well milk got it and fruits so now we are labeling them for 10% sugar and all of them will go on a diet.....stay healthy.... my ass.

but there are things better then the others like brown sugar vs white or using sweeteners as they are usefull (but can taste crap by themselfs) and find those that are "good for you" or rather does not contain something stupid like in diet cokes.

I get vegan, I get Rastafarian, I get Muslim and Middle Eastern culture of not eating meat, and I respect it.
ofc I respect their decision but not all of them I would care if something may have eaten as it would not hurt you (and its not meat but one type of meat either it being from a cow or pig) even though a vegen could feel the bad about eating meat or I mean get sick from it as the body is not used to it and what it contains.
19641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/17/16 , edited 3/17/16
Any Internet-related memes, fads, jokes, social media BS... I'm out.

.
.
.

Depressing news about terrorism and politics. If I want to know about it, there's the news, Just don't want to discuss it to death at the water cooler.
16757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 3/17/16 , edited 3/17/16

Yuki_Narukami wrote:

The words Vegan, Gluten, Trump, Elections, Sword Art Online, and I think that's it
Any time I hear those words I want to just drop everything and leave


Sword are online is the best anime ever! You should watch it sometime! Even Trump approves of it!



18714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 3/18/16
Gluten free, MSG + headache, non-GMO...pretty much fads. Memes.
16413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Online
Posted 3/18/16
"I hate you"
That one gets rid of me pretty well.
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16



Daisuki-Suki wrote:

Dank memes


( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16
At this point; "rhetoric" and "(insert list of fallacy names)." I'm seen them thrown around purely as a means to shut down conversation one too many times.

"(insert list of racist terms spoken casually and with vigor)." These foretell a falling out between myself and the other person, so I prefer to take the prerogative and split.

Pretty much whenever politics and religion/atheism is brought up. Most people morph into major douchebags, and I don't want to deal with that shit.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
"You're boring" Thank you, I know, I'll be leaving then!
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
And I thought I had a chip on my shoulder.....

1stladyent wrote:

Mine are more of buzz phrases/statements rather than words.

"I have a gluten allergy/can't have gluten"
<< I'm allergic to your words!

"Splenda is a lot healthier than sugar, so I can triple it"
<< just die now!

"Yea, so it was great, and I liked it" <<stop with the pointless statements!!

"What? You don't watch ____? You're missing out!" << IDGAFF!!

"Ugh this [name of crumb] is so fattening" << then let me break your jaw.

"I don't want to get into politics, but–"
<< THEN STFU!!

"[name of political candidate]–" << IDGAF. *walking away*
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
If you say, "I'm gluten free", and don't follow it immediately with "because I am a celiac," then I'm slightly annoyed. Otherwise, I can't think of any 'buzzwords' per se. It's really more about their whole style of speech, like if they're constantly complaining, or talking about how someone else caused such-and-such a problem for them, etc.
7667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
A person's overall demeanor and behavior speak louder than words, but basically bringing up politics or religion during a very first conversation is a done deal for me. Any terms related to these topics can spark debate. If I have just met you, am an not looking to have a debate with you or share my personal feelings at this moment.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.