First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Favorite accents??
12599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Australian...and he must have a well-groomed beard!!
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Irish and Scottish.
66489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
I'm a fan of the Eastern European accents - Romanian, Czech, Ukrainian, Russian (at least in women. In men I don't care). They're deeper, throatier and more senual than the higher-pitched accents.
109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
German and Jamaican
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Disboard
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Irish, Scottish and Australian
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16
A transfer student in my class and year came from Austria and his accent is so beautiful
11441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16
As a Brit I'm curious, what exactly do people mean when they say a British accent? I mean, that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and that's not even getting down to the various accents within those countries. Do you just mean the posh, more educated kind from London?
Posted 3/19/16

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

As a Brit I'm curious, what exactly do people mean when they say a British accent? I mean, that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and that's not even getting down to the various accents within those countries. Do you just mean the posh, more educated kind from London?


Usually when people say British accents, they're referring to English accents.
11441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16

TotalQuirk wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

As a Brit I'm curious, what exactly do people mean when they say a British accent? I mean, that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and that's not even getting down to the various accents within those countries. Do you just mean the posh, more educated kind from London?


Usually when people say British accents, they're referring to English accents.


But even then English accents are pretty broad when it comes down to regional stuff. For example, a Yorkshire accent sounds different from a Manchester accent, or a cockney one. Heck, over here in Yorkshire the East, West, and maybe the North, all have their own variations as well. Britain is known for having a very high amount of accent variation in a very small amount of space, so even saying English doesn't really narrow it down that much.
Sogno- 
47257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
my own

southern
12216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Edo
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
french !!!
7453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
i've never found accents attractive at all.

you're just all weird.
Posted 3/19/16

BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:


TotalQuirk wrote:


BLACKOUTMK2 wrote:

As a Brit I'm curious, what exactly do people mean when they say a British accent? I mean, that includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and that's not even getting down to the various accents within those countries. Do you just mean the posh, more educated kind from London?


Usually when people say British accents, they're referring to English accents.


But even then English accents are pretty broad when it comes down to regional stuff. For example, a Yorkshire accent sounds different from a Manchester accent, or a cockney one. Heck, over here in Yorkshire the East, West, and maybe the North, all have their own variations as well. Britain is known for having a very high amount of accent variation in a very small amount of space, so even saying English doesn't really narrow it down that much.


To be honest, I don't think most people realize that. Although if you want an exact accent, most people are referring to the southern/London accents.
11441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 3/19/16

TotalQuirk wrote:


To be honest, I don't think most people realize that. Although if you want an exact accent, most people are referring to the southern/London accents.


I mean, I guess London, at least the more educated-sounding kind, makes sense since it's probably the most commonly referenced in fiction and the like. Ah well, that's all I was curious about. It's just I know whenever accents are brought up I hear a 'British' accent mentioned a lot, but it always feels as broad as saying a 'U.S.A' accent :p
19718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Québécois
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.