Created by RedExodus
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How much does gender affect personality?
11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Yes, I mean in people, not dogs or whatever.
12611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 5/3/16
I identified myself as an attack helicopter

11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/16 , edited 3/19/16

Daisuki-Suki wrote:

I identified myself as an attack helicopter



That's what I thought but then I remembered there were experiments that showed people who behaved like their respective genders would despite being fooled into thinking they were the opposite gender since birth and raised with the fake gender in mind. Studies of this kind are rare though so the sample size may bring doubt.

Surprisingly, the mother's life also appears to have an effect on babies' psych by way of epigenetics. Witnesses of 9/11 has this higher tendency to have children more prone to stress or so I hear. Whether this has more to do with the mothers' behavior in child rearing or gene expression as opposed to simply genes I don't know.
41651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/19/16
Women have the tendency to be subtly bitchier, men are blunter.
Genderflood Nonbinareh Assholes are pretentious and should be at all costs avoided.
12611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/19/16

RedExodus wrote:


Daisuki-Suki wrote:

I identified myself as an attack helicopter



That's what I thought but then I remembered there were experiments that showed people who behaved like their respective genders would despite being fooled into thinking they were the opposite gender since birth and raised with the fake gender in mind. Studies of this kind are rare though so the sample size may bring doubt.

Surprisingly, the mother's life also appears to have an effect on babies' psych by way of epigenetics. Witnesses of 9/11 has this higher tendency to have children more prone to stress or so I hear. Whether this has more to do with the mothers' behavior in child rearing or gene expression as opposed to simply genes I don't know.


This reminds of David Reimer Accident. Basically, in a freak accident, his penis was destroyed in a botched circumcision in infancy. So, his parents raised him as a female. Despite, this effort, he acted more masculine than feminine. Later, he identified himself as male.

There's a huge difference between sex and gender. Gender is what we create, sex is what is determined by infancy. Does sex play into our personalities? Honestly, I think it's half socialization and biological sex.

Mmm, parents are our primary social agents and they do have degree of affecting our personalities. But genes do make our personality as well, but that's another story.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/20/16
I think personality is an individual's coping mechanism and is more influenced by external sources such as having to work in the military vs being fortunate enough to never need to work.
If I had more money I'd still be a tinkerer but much more wasteful and less interested in maintenance and repair.
Posted 3/20/16
it's a known fact that testosterones make men more prone to violence, so I voted "a lot".
11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/20/16
I voted a lot too lol. If this was anime characters, I'd vote worlds apart lmao.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/20/16
What we've got between our legs totally colours not only how we act towards others but to ourselves. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head checked. We either hate it, love it, or are so meh about it. Either way it is there and our genitals can be no more ignored then the sunrise and sunset can be.
Posted 3/21/16
Depends on the person to be honest. But women tend to be more sensitive/emotional and understanding, while men tend to be a lil more blunt and less insecure.
168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/16 , edited 3/21/16
You didn't clarify whether you mean gender in anime or the real world. I believe there is a big real world difference mostly dictated by the cultural social norms of the individuals. Ironically, there is also a big difference in males and females in anime..but it's more contrived and stereotyped in anime which has a lot more to do with the notions, the genders, and expectations of a limited number of writers and artists.

A better question would be, "how much does gender affect behavior"
11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
i wonder what the ppl who voted worlds apart and no effect's reasons are
18720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/24/16

animegirl2222 wrote:

Women have the tendency to be subtly bitchier, men are blunter.
Genderflood Nonbinareh Assholes are pretentious and should be at all costs avoided.


im shy and quiet as fuck lol, the complete opposite
41651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/24/16

redokami wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

Women have the tendency to be subtly bitchier, men are blunter.
Genderflood Nonbinareh Assholes are pretentious and should be at all costs avoided.


im shy and quiet as fuck lol, the complete opposite




Not saying all women are that way, just saying that we have tendency to be moodier at times. I can be shy too, but I can also be hella moody as well. Women are more emotionally driven than men as far as generalizations go, not to say there aren't shy women and men and people don't have personalities, but I'm saying as far as general hormonal differences go guys are more likely to be physically driven and women emotionally driven, but it depends on the situation. The point is gender does kind of factor into one's mood or mannerisms I would say, at least a little, not drastically tho, obviously everyone is still individualized on their own accord, but gender kind of does factor into things because different hormones.
64892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 3/26/16
To some extent it does, but not in a extreme way like it was years ago. Still, there are personalities commonly associated with men and those commonly associate with women that are rarely seen in the other sex. Of course, it is quite a huge factor given the way their general image is portrayed. But again, while everybody can experience just about any kind of personality, there still is the association.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.