Created by RedExodus
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How much does gender affect personality?
26630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16
Okay, first of all, GENDER or SEX? Gender is what a person identifies as and there are many of those. Transgender, gender fluid, cisgender, agender, etc... Sex identifies what sexual organs you were born with: male or female.

Sex has nothing to do with personality in my opinion. To me, it's all about how a person is raised and their environment. I think males have a tendency to act a certain way "boys will be boys" kinda thing, because they are raised around certain expectations. They are EXPECTED to like certain toys and games and are expected to roughhouse and the like. Females have a tendency to act a certain way because they are raised and expected to be a certain way. They are bought certain clothes and toys and are treated a certain way that shapes the "girly" attitude. Sure everyone goes past what came from their parents, but it doesn't go away. I'm not saying this is bad necessarily, but I feel like it confines people. It forces them into an image that affects the core of them. It is really hard to adjust to not fitting these images, or to being around others who don't. They can be the most accepting person in the world, but it's still hard.

It's not easy to change, but I wish these images weren't so important in child raising.

The sex itself doesn't matter, just their environment and how they are raised does.

I've often wondered if I would be the same person I am, if I was born male, and honestly I doubt it. If I were male I would be raised differently than I was. You can say that it means sex matters, but I don't feel the sex itself is the cause.

Gender is a totally different matter. I feel like gender is decided purely by the person. A person chooses to be a women, a man, or to have no gender or to be any gender, everything is decided by them. In this case, how they are raised doesn't impact them, just how they respond to it all: their personality.

Personality determines the gender.

I honestly can't vote here because to me, gender is entirely dependent on personality. So to say gender affects personality is the opposite... I just can't vote cause I don't agree with any of the options. *shrug*

This is a really important subject for me, so I feel pretty strongly. I like that we have a discussion about this on Cruchyroll!
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16
Mostly just guys who are loud and obnoxious. Other then that, generally they are similar.
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
you chauvinist pig
1191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
Not much I don't think at least, I have about an equal amount of girl/boy friends so....
11702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/16

Anime4always14 wrote:

Okay, first of all, GENDER or SEX? Gender is what a person identifies as and there are many of those. Transgender, gender fluid, cisgender, agender, etc... Sex identifies what sexual organs you were born with: male or female.

Sex has nothing to do with personality in my opinion. To me, it's all about how a person is raised and their environment. I think males have a tendency to act a certain way "boys will be boys" kinda thing, because they are raised around certain expectations. They are EXPECTED to like certain toys and games and are expected to roughhouse and the like. Females have a tendency to act a certain way because they are raised and expected to be a certain way. They are bought certain clothes and toys and are treated a certain way that shapes the "girly" attitude. Sure everyone goes past what came from their parents, but it doesn't go away. I'm not saying this is bad necessarily, but I feel like it confines people. It forces them into an image that affects the core of them. It is really hard to adjust to not fitting these images, or to being around others who don't. They can be the most accepting person in the world, but it's still hard.

It's not easy to change, but I wish these images weren't so important in child raising.

The sex itself doesn't matter, just their environment and how they are raised does.

I've often wondered if I would be the same person I am, if I was born male, and honestly I doubt it. If I were male I would be raised differently than I was. You can say that it means sex matters, but I don't feel the sex itself is the cause.

Gender is a totally different matter. I feel like gender is decided purely by the person. A person chooses to be a women, a man, or to have no gender or to be any gender, everything is decided by them. In this case, how they are raised doesn't impact them, just how they respond to it all: their personality.

Personality determines the gender.

I honestly can't vote here because to me, gender is entirely dependent on personality. So to say gender affects personality is the opposite... I just can't vote cause I don't agree with any of the options. *shrug*

This is a really important subject for me, so I feel pretty strongly. I like that we have a discussion about this on Cruchyroll!


Well, I meant sex then. I'm not exactly thinking of the people who can just change whatever gender they are. How many people actually change their genders based on personality anyways? I appreciate my tomboys.
26630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Arizona
Offline
Posted 4/3/16

RedExodus wrote:


Anime4always14 wrote:

Okay, first of all, GENDER or SEX? Gender is what a person identifies as and there are many of those. Transgender, gender fluid, cisgender, agender, etc... Sex identifies what sexual organs you were born with: male or female.

Sex has nothing to do with personality in my opinion. To me, it's all about how a person is raised and their environment. I think males have a tendency to act a certain way "boys will be boys" kinda thing, because they are raised around certain expectations. They are EXPECTED to like certain toys and games and are expected to roughhouse and the like. Females have a tendency to act a certain way because they are raised and expected to be a certain way. They are bought certain clothes and toys and are treated a certain way that shapes the "girly" attitude. Sure everyone goes past what came from their parents, but it doesn't go away. I'm not saying this is bad necessarily, but I feel like it confines people. It forces them into an image that affects the core of them. It is really hard to adjust to not fitting these images, or to being around others who don't. They can be the most accepting person in the world, but it's still hard.

It's not easy to change, but I wish these images weren't so important in child raising.

The sex itself doesn't matter, just their environment and how they are raised does.

I've often wondered if I would be the same person I am, if I was born male, and honestly I doubt it. If I were male I would be raised differently than I was. You can say that it means sex matters, but I don't feel the sex itself is the cause.

Gender is a totally different matter. I feel like gender is decided purely by the person. A person chooses to be a women, a man, or to have no gender or to be any gender, everything is decided by them. In this case, how they are raised doesn't impact them, just how they respond to it all: their personality.

Personality determines the gender.

I honestly can't vote here because to me, gender is entirely dependent on personality. So to say gender affects personality is the opposite... I just can't vote cause I don't agree with any of the options. *shrug*

This is a really important subject for me, so I feel pretty strongly. I like that we have a discussion about this on Cruchyroll!


Well, I meant sex then. I'm not exactly thinking of the people who can just change whatever gender they are. How many people actually change their genders based on personality anyways? I appreciate my tomboys.


...many people. Many people don't feel comfortable in their bodies as they are or don't feel like they fit the label their sex automatically gives them. It's a lifestyle choice. It's not a casual decision. It's like with your sexuality, you don't really choose it, ya know?
11702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/16

Anime4always14 wrote:


RedExodus wrote:


Anime4always14 wrote:

Okay, first of all, GENDER or SEX? Gender is what a person identifies as and there are many of those. Transgender, gender fluid, cisgender, agender, etc... Sex identifies what sexual organs you were born with: male or female.

Sex has nothing to do with personality in my opinion. To me, it's all about how a person is raised and their environment. I think males have a tendency to act a certain way "boys will be boys" kinda thing, because they are raised around certain expectations. They are EXPECTED to like certain toys and games and are expected to roughhouse and the like. Females have a tendency to act a certain way because they are raised and expected to be a certain way. They are bought certain clothes and toys and are treated a certain way that shapes the "girly" attitude. Sure everyone goes past what came from their parents, but it doesn't go away. I'm not saying this is bad necessarily, but I feel like it confines people. It forces them into an image that affects the core of them. It is really hard to adjust to not fitting these images, or to being around others who don't. They can be the most accepting person in the world, but it's still hard.

It's not easy to change, but I wish these images weren't so important in child raising.

The sex itself doesn't matter, just their environment and how they are raised does.

I've often wondered if I would be the same person I am, if I was born male, and honestly I doubt it. If I were male I would be raised differently than I was. You can say that it means sex matters, but I don't feel the sex itself is the cause.

Gender is a totally different matter. I feel like gender is decided purely by the person. A person chooses to be a women, a man, or to have no gender or to be any gender, everything is decided by them. In this case, how they are raised doesn't impact them, just how they respond to it all: their personality.

Personality determines the gender.

I honestly can't vote here because to me, gender is entirely dependent on personality. So to say gender affects personality is the opposite... I just can't vote cause I don't agree with any of the options. *shrug*

This is a really important subject for me, so I feel pretty strongly. I like that we have a discussion about this on Cruchyroll!


Well, I meant sex then. I'm not exactly thinking of the people who can just change whatever gender they are. How many people actually change their genders based on personality anyways? I appreciate my tomboys.


...many people. Many people don't feel comfortable in their bodies as they are or don't feel like they fit the label their sex automatically gives them. It's a lifestyle choice. It's not a casual decision. It's like with your sexuality, you don't really choose it, ya know?


What does "many people" mean? Give me some kind of estimate that I can feel out. Will I find a person who does that every time I walk into a school classroom? When I walk into a ball, will 10% of them be that way? A person who changes genders might make friends with others that are the same way but for me, nobody comes to mind.
157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West Coast USA
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

animegirl2222 wrote:


redokami wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

Women have the tendency to be subtly bitchier, men are blunter.
Genderflood Nonbinareh Assholes are pretentious and should be at all costs avoided.


im shy and quiet as fuck lol, the complete opposite




Not saying all women are that way, just saying that we have tendency to be moodier at times. I can be shy too, but I can also be hella moody as well. Women are more emotionally driven than men as far as generalizations go, not to say there aren't shy women and men and people don't have personalities, but I'm saying as far as general hormonal differences go guys are more likely to be physically driven and women emotionally driven, but it depends on the situation. The point is gender does kind of factor into one's mood or mannerisms I would say, at least a little, not drastically tho, obviously everyone is still individualized on their own accord, but gender kind of does factor into things because different hormones.


Dude are you kidding me? I work in customer service and I can assure you that men (maybe it's just Americans) are much "bitchier". Usually the women are more calm and collected and take time to reason whereas the guys tend to be quicker to lash out and get "their panties in a bunch". If you do some research on female and male brain anatomy, the average male actually has a larger hippocampus which is responsible for emotions, and women tend to be better with memory. Again, generally speaking.
Posted 5/3/16
I think much of it is due to differences in which men and women are raised, men are typically more direct, and women are typically more indirect , but not all men and women. To me to think that is just plain gullible.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.