First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Religion vs Science
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
Az you’re doing the very thing that drives me nuts about many atheists debaters. You’re ignoring the fact that miraculous and unexplainable things do in fact happen. We’ve got them recorded. Even medical experts agree, as the statistic shows. Most medical experts who go into their line of work as atheists come out as religious. The reason? Because so much things happen that cannot be explained. Cannot. So supper natural things do in fact have support which is witnessed by respectable individuals and morons alike.

This being said I do not believe that something being supper natural means that something is a magical chimera. It just means that they are on a higher level than Humans and our understanding. We are bound by the laws of physics, likewise things that are supper natural are just things bound by higher laws. Laws we have yet to comprehend. It’s just something that is unexplainable by our science, but that doesn’t mean that a more open minded and sagacious science couldn’t explain them. My theory is that God is an entity in which all things are scientifically possible.

Whatever the case, there is evidence of supper natural happening. There are cases where science has been inadequate to explain something. There are even times when science says “This cannot happen,” but it happened none the less. People just have a tendency to ignore these, or sometimes to call them a coincidence. A man has a 1 in 50,000 chance to live and live. This is a coincidence, no bit of divinity too it. They’re ignored and cast aside, and this is a form of glorified ignorance.

This being said I wont pretend Christians and other religious individuals are not guilty of the same thing on the opposite side. That would be absurd.

All I mean to say is that saying there is nothing to support super natural things is an utterly and 100% false comment, no matter how you look at it, so long as you are honest and have the facts. I’ve done countless research over this and seen miraculous things on my own. As I’ve mentioned countless times before, I was a strongly antireligious atheists before I had experiences I regard as proof of God.

This being said, whenever Darwin went out to prove his theory, there was no real evidence behind it. Only a theory. He later set out and found evidence. Whenever Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever that America existed. But it existed. Yet, it is accepted as fact now. How do you know religion is not in the same phase, only at a greater length?

Moreover, you say in the history of religion, but we have plenty of historical documents that talk about incredible evidence for the religious side of things. This is evidence. Maybe fickle evidence, but evidence none the less.




7037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / I live in england...
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
^^wow!!!!! your intelligent.......sniff i wish i was.....
10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
Just because you can't explain the supernatural doesn't make it all point to god. Hell it could be aliens that contributes to miracles, you don't know that. I'm saying that religon only gives excuses for what they think might have happened but science is there to prove or disprove that and find out how it really works.

Religon is just an idea and Science (for the most part) are the facts.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
Actually my IQ isn’t too great. It’s not low, but not insane either. A bit above average, but not high enough that I consider myself necessarily smart. Anyway, I just do research before I speak. I look smart because everyone else here is just popping crap out of their butts. None the less there is a difference from being informed and smart, I’m the former.

Thanks though.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Az you’re doing the very thing that drives me nuts about many atheists debaters. You’re ignoring the fact that miraculous and unexplainable things do in fact happen. We’ve got them recorded. Even medical experts agree, as the statistic shows. Most medical experts who go into their line of work as atheists come out as religious. The reason? Because so much things happen that cannot be explained. Cannot. So supper natural things do in fact have support which is witnessed by respectable individuals and morons alike.

This being said I do not believe that something being supper natural means that something is a magical chimera. It just means that they are on a higher level than Humans and our understanding. We are bound by the laws of physics, likewise things that are supper natural are just things bound by higher laws. Laws we have yet to comprehend. It’s just something that is unexplainable by our science, but that doesn’t mean that a more open minded and sagacious science couldn’t explain them. My theory is that God is an entity in which all things are scientifically possible.

Whatever the case, there is evidence of supper natural happening. There are cases where science has been inadequate to explain something. There are even times when science says “This cannot happen,” but it happened none the less. People just have a tendency to ignore these, or sometimes to call them a coincidence. A man has a 1 in 50,000 chance to live and live. This is a coincidence, no bit of divinity too it. They’re ignored and cast aside, and this is a form of glorified ignorance.

This being said I wont pretend Christians and other religious individuals are not guilty of the same thing on the opposite side. That would be absurd.

All I mean to say is that saying there is nothing to support super natural things is an utterly and 100% false comment, no matter how you look at it, so long as you are honest and have the facts. I’ve done countless research over this and seen miraculous things on my own. As I’ve mentioned countless times before, I was a strongly antireligious atheists before I had experiences I regard as proof of God.

This being said, whenever Darwin went out to prove his theory, there was no real evidence behind it. Only a theory. He later set out and found evidence. Whenever Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever that America existed. But it existed. Yet, it is accepted as fact now. How do you know religion is not in the same phase, only at a greater length?

Moreover, you say in the history of religion, but we have plenty of historical documents that talk about incredible evidence for the religious side of things. This is evidence. Maybe fickle evidence, but evidence none the less.


I'm calling bullshit. Demonstrate the proof. Show the examples. You say you've had religous experiences, what were they? What miraculous things did you witness? Why did you attribute these to the supernatural? Don't speak ambiguously referencing events and evidence, demonstrate the evidence and let it speak for itself.

Like I said earlier, just because an answer cannot be found does not mean that a logical answer does not exist - it just means we don't have the capability of understanding it one way or another. Science doesn't claim to be infallible, it simpley claims to be best understanding we have now with the existing data.

Both Darwin and Columbus had evidence to base their theories on. It wasn't just a wild belief that Columbus had (it was actually a common belief amongst learned men that hadn't been tested yet) that made him sail over the ocean. People had been noticing things that lead them to beleive the earth was round, such as the fact that ship masts appeared before the hulls on the horizon. Darwin also looked at nature and saw the fundamentals of natural selection and adaptation, then he developed a theory to explain it. It was based on observation, not wild ideas without any foundation.
723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
science is facts religion is bs
24645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / 横浜市
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Az you’re doing the very thing that drives me nuts about many atheists debaters. You’re ignoring the fact that miraculous and unexplainable things do in fact happen. We’ve got them recorded. Even medical experts agree, as the statistic shows. Most medical experts who go into their line of work as atheists come out as religious. The reason? Because so much things happen that cannot be explained. Cannot. So supper natural things do in fact have support which is witnessed by respectable individuals and morons alike.

This being said I do not believe that something being supper natural means that something is a magical chimera. It just means that they are on a higher level than Humans and our understanding. We are bound by the laws of physics, likewise things that are supper natural are just things bound by higher laws. Laws we have yet to comprehend. It’s just something that is unexplainable by our science, but that doesn’t mean that a more open minded and sagacious science couldn’t explain them. My theory is that God is an entity in which all things are scientifically possible.

Whatever the case, there is evidence of supper natural happening. There are cases where science has been inadequate to explain something. There are even times when science says “This cannot happen,” but it happened none the less. People just have a tendency to ignore these, or sometimes to call them a coincidence. A man has a 1 in 50,000 chance to live and live. This is a coincidence, no bit of divinity too it. They’re ignored and cast aside, and this is a form of glorified ignorance.

This being said I wont pretend Christians and other religious individuals are not guilty of the same thing on the opposite side. That would be absurd.

All I mean to say is that saying there is nothing to support super natural things is an utterly and 100% false comment, no matter how you look at it, so long as you are honest and have the facts. I’ve done countless research over this and seen miraculous things on my own. As I’ve mentioned countless times before, I was a strongly antireligious atheists before I had experiences I regard as proof of God.

This being said, whenever Darwin went out to prove his theory, there was no real evidence behind it. Only a theory. He later set out and found evidence. Whenever Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever that America existed. But it existed. Yet, it is accepted as fact now. How do you know religion is not in the same phase, only at a greater length?

Moreover, you say in the history of religion, but we have plenty of historical documents that talk about incredible evidence for the religious side of things. This is evidence. Maybe fickle evidence, but evidence none the less.



You seem to have forgotten that no scientific theories are set in stone. The whole premise about science is to develop a theory based on observations, test said theory and if the results are conclusive, the theory is accepted. If conflicting evidence arises, go back to square one and start again. Supernatural occurances, that science can't explain, doesn't prove that scientific theory is incomplete; scientific theory is designed to allow these occurances, in order to come closer to understanding the universe.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

amanda233 wrote:

^^wow!!!!! your intelligent.......sniff i wish i was.....


He didn't actually say anything, it was all hot air. It didn't have any real substance to it. He basically just said since unexplained phenomena has been recorded, religous supernatual explanations have been validated. He also said that his personal undisclosed mircaulous encounters demonstrate further proof of this.

I can say I'm sitting next to bigfoot right now. Nobody can necessarily disprove I'm sitting next to bigfoot, that doesn't necessarily mean I am. Same thing with saying "I've seen supernatural things, therfore they exist." The trick is to get people with authority to recognize the supernatural event, and then record in such a matter that it is clearly and conclusively demonstrated to be supernatural.

He just said it in an absurdly pompous, longwinded and roundabout way to give it an air of credability that was lacking. "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
lighten up man... if it makes you feel better... who knows maybe she was just being sarcastic...
24645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / 横浜市
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

azrael910 wrote:

He didn't actually say anything, it was all hot air. It didn't have any real substance to it. He basically just said since unexplained phenomena has been recorded, religous supernatual explanations have been validated. He also said that his personal undisclosed mircaulous encounters demonstrate further proof of this.

I can say I'm sitting next to bigfoot right now. Nobody can necessarily disprove I'm sitting next to bigfoot, that doesn't necessarily mean I am. Same thing with saying "I've seen supernatural things, therfore they exist." The trick is to get people with authority to recognize the supernatural event, and then record in such a matter that it is clearly and conclusively demonstrated to be supernatural.


Careful azrael your treading on pretty thin ice there.
723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
let me ask you religious people to explain to me daily events with your "bible" and please don't say dumb stuff like its god's doing, tell me "how" did he create rain and create humans, not just he "did". i recall bbile just say he created everything, but it doesn't sa y how. and where is god? i don't see him anywhere.
and what's up with priest raping kid, church supporting masaccre in iraq and all other crazy stuff church do
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
Answer these questions too, video by Killar(Amy) [On the "If God can do anything" thread]:
http://www.godisimaginary.com/video10.htm
24645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / 横浜市
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

jaychaulive wrote:

let me ask you religious people to explain to me daily events with your "bible" and please don't say dumb stuff like its god's doing, tell me "how" did he create rain and create humans, not just he "did". i recall bbile just say he created everything, but it doesn't sa y how. and where is god? i don't see him anywhere.


Please explain definitavely why it rains? I want a 100% correct answer, so don't give me any theories.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 7/8/07
and now a random quote from internet...

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it” - adolf hitler
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 7/8/07

orangemaen wrote:


jaychaulive wrote:

let me ask you religious people to explain to me daily events with your "bible" and please don't say dumb stuff like its god's doing, tell me "how" did he create rain and create humans, not just he "did". i recall bbile just say he created everything, but it doesn't sa y how. and where is god? i don't see him anywhere.


Please explain definitavely why it rains? I want a 100% correct answer, so don't give me any theories.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergeron_process

Not sure how this is relevant at all...

@Manzi - good quote, I'm remembering that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.