Post Reply Toei fans
886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/22/16
Any fans of Toei Animation Co.? I just thought that they did great series and movies. My favorites are:

TV series :
· Sally the Witch (60s version),
· Gegege no Kitarō (the 60s and 80s version),
· Magical Mako-chan (Mahō no Mako-chan),
· Cutie Honey (70s version),
· Gaiking (70s version),
· Space Pirate Captain Harlock,
· Beast King GoLion,
· Aishite Night,
· Saint Seiya,
· Sailor Moon,
· Kamikaze Kaitō Jeanne,
· Ojamajo Doremi,
· Pretty Cure (1st series), and...
· Mononoke

Movies :
· The White Snake Enchantress,
· The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon,
· The Great Adventure of Horus, Prince of the Sun,
· Puss in Boots,
· The Wild Swans,
· Taro the Dragon Boy,
· Gegege no Kitarō: Crash!! The Great Rebellion of the Multi-Dimensional Yōkai, and...
· Sailor Moon: Hearts in Ice
6041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/22/16
I like most of Toei's anime classic anime and I watched Saint Seiya too.
12364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 3/22/16
they butchered quite a few series, and is considered a rival to Deen when it comes to QUALITY
example: precure movies, precure (especially dokidoki and hacha), DB super, SM Crystal.

i can't dislike Toei because i like Precure, but i wish they'd do a far better job in the animation department...
Ejanss 
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/22/16 , edited 3/22/16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yko_8jzalCk

"'Waves and Roooocks'....This movie is brought to you by Waves & Rocks."
- DBZ (CN dub)
JuJu26 
31800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/22/16
Ugh, Toei.......
Posted 3/22/16 , edited 3/22/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

they butchered quite a few series, and is considered a rival to Deen when it comes to QUALITY
example: precure movies, precure (especially dokidoki and hacha), DB super, SM Crystal.

i can't dislike Toei because i like Precure, but i wish they'd do a far better job in the animation department...


Is it only really Heartcatch and GoPri that have especially nice animation?

I've been checking out some of the others lately...

-The original feels out of the 80's

-Fresh,while nice on SoL, is pretty weak when it comes to fights and animation all around.

-Smile is pretty nice

-Mahou Tsukai is okay, but nothing spectacular

Also man, that latest movie was awful(Haru no Carnival), but I thought New Stage 3 was pretty fantastic all around so hopefully it goes back to that for Mahou Tsukai's all star movie.
12364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 3/22/16 , edited 3/22/16

Ciros2290 wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

they butchered quite a few series, and is considered a rival to Deen when it comes to QUALITY
example: precure movies, precure (especially dokidoki and hacha), DB super, SM Crystal.

i can't dislike Toei because i like Precure, but i wish they'd do a far better job in the animation department...


Is it only really Heartcatch and GoPri that have especially nice animation?

I've been checking out some of the others lately...

-The original feels out of the 80's

-Fresh,while nice on SoL, is pretty weak when it comes to fights and animation all around.

-Smile is pretty nice

-Mahou Tsukai is okay, but nothing spectacular

Also man, that latest movie was awful(Haru no Carnival), but I thought New Stage 3 was pretty fantastic all around so hopefully it goes back to that for Mahou Tsukai's all star movie.


i'm probably in the minority, but i quite liked Suite. Fresh was pretty cool too. they have arguably the best team-based attack, and it's quite catchy. their attack catchphrase is simply lovely. it doesn't have much eye candy though, especially compared to later seasons (heartcatch onwards) Yes! felt the most heroic-like, simply because of the opening song and their attack (the only cures that yield a sword. sword!)
(edit: ok, smile also use sword, but it doesn't really count...does it? though cure Beauty can summon an ice sword, so there's that)
cure Mint felt like the most underpowered cure (some cures can summon meteors from outer space, others can stop time itself. she can only cast a shield.

Haven't watched the originals (Futari / max heart), though i did watch Splash Star, and it was a fun series (though more action and less comedy compared to the other seasons).

Smile was my first precure series, so it holds a special place in my heart, It's a really fun series, which made me a precure fan.

i'm still watching hacha. i quite like the designs for gopri and mahou. they look promising :p
9487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Online
Posted 3/22/16
I haven´t read the manga for One Piece, so I don´t know if they changed the story or not, but I think the anime is a total joy to watch. The animation for the bigger fights is really good considering that they give us a new episode every week since the show first aired. I also love Saint Seiya, a classic from my childhood.

However Toei has done more wrong than good recently. One Piece is the only good anime they have right now. We all know the fail that is Dragon Ball Super, wasting almost 30 episodes in telling the same stories we saw in the new movies but with terrible animation and long and boring fights. Toriko has also received many negative opinions, saying that the adaptation from the manga was so bad that it reached Pierrot levels of quallity adaptations from popular manga.


Posted 3/22/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

i'm probably in the minority, but i quite liked Suite. Fresh was pretty cool too. they have arguably the best team-based attack, and it's quite catchy. their attack catchphrase is simply lovely. it doesn't have much eye candy though, especially compared to later seasons (heartcatch onwards) Yes! felt the most heroic-like, simply because of the opening song and their attack (the only cures that yield a sword. sword!)
(edit: ok, smile also use sword, but it doesn't really count...does it? though cure Beauty can summon an ice sword, so there's that)
cure Mint felt like the most underpowered cure (some cures can summon meteors from outer space, others can stop time itself. she can only cast a shield.

Haven't watched the originals (Futari / max heart), though i did watch Splash Star, and it was a fun series (though more action and less comedy compared to the other seasons).

Smile was my first precure series, so it holds a special place in my heart, It's a really fun series, which made me a precure fan.

i'm still watching hacha. i quite like the designs for gopri and mahou. they look promising :p


Suite kind of threw me off a bit since it was the new one and I had just finished Heartcatch(first/favorite). I never made it very far. I like Hibiki and Kanade themselves. They are both very cute. I need to give it another shot some time.

Fresh took me a little while to get into it, but as you can tell by my avatar I'm really enjoying it(Setsuna <3).

Haha, I was so disappointed that Cure Berry doesn't use a sword despite calling her stick one and not even Cure Sword uses a sword XD so that will be interesting to see when I check that one out.

I'm watching Futari Wa with some friends so we will probably check out Splash Star after that.

Yeah, Smile is the only other one I've fully completed actually (Yayoi <3)

I watched a couple episodes of Hacha because I heard Hime was like Erika from HC(my fav), but she is kind of lame Erika ; ;. I also wasn't a big fan of their cg style outfit attacks. Does it get better as it goes on despite the animation?

I haven't watched GoPri myself, just know people were complimenting the animation so it's high priority for me.

Mahou Tsukai has been very enjoyable, and I'd say it's quite different from the other Precure series. Rather than having non-magic SoL moments they have actually been in a world of magic, learning magic, for the last six episodes. Pretty fun if you're a fan of something like Little Witch Academia. They also have been gathering new forms really quickly(with very pretty animations), and I love their mascot.

12364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 3/22/16
can't really say, since i'm not even half-way through hacha. the transformation scene got worse though (not even sure why, don't they just copy-paste the scene..?) Futari and Splash Star look pretty similar in a way. The characters as well as the overall story.
the fact that cure sword doesn't yield a sword is amusing indeed. she does attack with "holy sword", but it's not actually a sword :p
Hime is nice precisely because she's like Erika (quite the contrast compared to the perfect/flawless cure Heart)
886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/22/16

KurtIrving wrote:

I like most of Toei's anime classic anime and I watched Saint Seiya too.


Great! Same here - with classics

You must be logged in to post.