First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply (Weird AF thread) What are you supposed to do with a dirty kid?
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/24/16 , edited 3/24/16
Ok i'm gonna keep this as PG as possible

I babysit a bit, it's relatively easy. I take care of the kid, feed them. Sometimes the kid may ask me to play with them but for the most part if you've never done it it's boring for the most part but recently i've noticed something disturbing. the last 4 kids i've babysat for make me very uncomfortable, EXTREMELY uncomfortable. They're ages range from 9-13 and they all do the same thing. I've have just fed them so now i'm in the living room watching TV and the kids on the over end of the couch. At first while the show is on they may say something, i'll laugh and say something like "What? or try and explain what's going on in the show/movie if i think it's confusing (we were watching a show and lawyers were talking trying to trick a suspect, i'll pause and explain to the child) but then all of a sudden I notice that the kids real quite, silent. and they don't respond to what i just said. So i look over at them....... and there is a blanket over them, their hands are under and they are just glassy eyed looking at me......... I over think everything, so when i notice my mind goes why are they looking at me like that, wait where are his/her hands (TWO! girls i baby sat for did the same thing). Then it just hits me and i'm like "This f-ing kid is "diddling the bread box?", "Tending the rabbits?", "tying the rope?" ( trying to be clean here so i'm not saying it) my immediate emotion is anger. i feel violated that not only are they doing that RIGHT there next to me but they're looking right at me. I'd feel the same way if they just pulled their pants down and pooped on the floor. So i'll say so i snap from nice baby sitter to "Isn't it your bed time or something" and leave the room. Are you supposed to tell their parents? I feel like if i tell the parents then i'm somehow dragged into it, and if i don't tell the parents then i'm like violating some law. I can't help but get mad at the kid but i don't think me getting mad is doing anything positive for the boys/girls mentally.


TLDR: What are you supposed to do if a kid is "playing doctor solo" and they're around you doing it? Is it different depending on if the kid is related to you or if you're in a strangers house?
Posted 3/24/16
Oh my... a kid do that.. I'm speechless.
20894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/16 , edited 3/24/16
Cheesus... around that age is usually when puberty strikes.
1- Tell them it is wrong to do it freely around people
2- tell them if they even again do that they are gona have trouble
3- If its persist tell the parents.

At that age that when the people get the behavior they gonna have for the rest of their life.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/24/16

melodyXXnur wrote:

Oh my... a kid do that.. I'm speechless.


Kids do that while looking at you? If that's something that happens in your house then "good for you?" I don't know how to respond to your comment. But I assumed that people did that when no one was around.
24568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
1 - Send the kid to their room, explain they shouldn't do that around people.

2 - Talk to the parents. This second one is vital, period. As a parent myself, if my kid was doing anything inappropriate, I'd want to know so I can talk to them personally about it, understand why they did what they did, etc. The parents SHOULD be involved in this discussion. If there's an issue there with bad parents, then use your discretion - but most, normal parents will want to know. It may be hard for them to handle it, but - tough noogies, being a parent is hard & your stuck dealing with such things.

But, that's just my 2¢
11717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 3/24/16
n thats y i will never babysit lol
Posted 3/24/16

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


melodyXXnur wrote:

Oh my... a kid do that.. I'm speechless.


Kids do that while looking at you? If that's something that happens in your house then "good for you?" I don't know how to respond to your comment. But I assumed that people did that when no one was around.


Sorry but seems like you misunderstood my comment. I'm saying I can't believe it a kid do that. Even worse when they're doing that while looking at you. I never had experience like such things.
Werina 
206541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
just wow
8524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
Look around the room and identify what their wanking to
37332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/24/16 , edited 3/24/16

mdmrn wrote:

1 - Send the kid to their room, explain they shouldn't do that around people.

2 - Talk to the parents. This second one is vital, period. As a parent myself, if my kid was doing anything inappropriate, I'd want to know so I can talk to them personally about it, understand why they did what they did, etc. The parents SHOULD be involved in this discussion. If there's an issue there with bad parents, then use your discretion - but most, normal parents will want to know. It may be hard for them to handle it, but - tough noogies, being a parent is hard & your stuck dealing with such things.

But, that's just my 2¢


This,

kids all learn and do stuff differently, but its the parents job to deal with it, your just the employee.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/24/16 , edited 3/24/16
kids are trying to make sense of the world.
They doing it with their immediate senses oral and anal.
Kids would put everything on their mouth, even rocks. Leave a child with a woman's purse and that child might be eating tampons when you find it.
Pooping is pleasurable, so they might as well jam anything in it or just poop all over the place.

What was that again? I think that was called Erik Erikson's Psychosexual stages:
autonomy vs shame and doubt
or
initiative or guilt



110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
Haha I had a kid I used to babysit for do this! Thankfully the mom was totally understanding.

Anyway there's this huge stigma against m**turbation surrounding us. The most important thing for kids to understand is that this is something that should be done in private, and with some restraint (like don't become addicted). There's nothing wrong with exploring our bodies, but it is important to understand the social restrictions of such an act.

If the parents are uncomfortable explaining it, it's something that can be explained by a pediatrician or a doctor.
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
You're already involved. Tell the parents. If you get fired or something, graciously back out knowing that you did the right thing.
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
I'd suggest mentioning it to the parents.
8653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 3/24/16

melodyXXnur wrote:


Em0SceneStabr wrote:


melodyXXnur wrote:

Oh my... a kid do that.. I'm speechless.


Kids do that while looking at you? If that's something that happens in your house then "good for you?" I don't know how to respond to your comment. But I assumed that people did that when no one was around.


Sorry but seems like you misunderstood my comment. I'm saying I can't believe it a kid do that. Even worse when they're doing that while looking at you. I never had experience like such things.


*bows* i'm sorry, The horrible internet made me a defensive person. didn't mean to attack you >_<
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.