Post Reply Pokerus
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/24/16
A little bit ago, I was doing some random Wonder Trades on Pokemon Y when I got a pokemon that I actually wanted. (A male kirlia from the JPN region, to be exact. The grind for a shiny is on.) Pretty lucky. When I checked out its stats, I saw a box by its elemental type that said "pokerus". Having never seen this, I looked it up. Turns out I was luckier than I'd thought. Pokerus seems like a pretty nice thing to have floating around. Especially since I spread it to over 20 of my pokemon. But I'm not sure of what to do now. The stuff I found on pokerus wasn't very informative beyond it being good for leveling pokemon and that I could spread the effect around. Is there anything else I need to know? Any help would be great.
7140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/25/16 , edited 3/25/16
Posted 3/25/16
Also, it goes away after a while if the pokemon isn't in a PC, so spread it as much as possible if you want those EVs. Oh, and pokemon always have the double ev gain, even after the virus passes, if they've had it at any point in time.
91108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/25/16
its not really for leveling but for ev's which to this day I barely understand. pokerus will fade with time and its very rare to get from wild encounters, if you wanna keep it I suggest that you infect a pokemon you don't really use much and keep it in the pc unless they change that.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 3/25/16
Granted, I haven't played any pokémon since Diamond and Pearl, but I know it used to be common courtesy for pokémon to have pokérus prior to trading. If you trade a handful of pokémon, chances were very good that you'd end up with the virus running out, when it is really extremely rare to encounter normally. I don't know if it is still so common, though.

But yeah, what everyone else has said about the effect. Really good if you plan to do some EV training. Also, someone kind of touched on this, but I would recommend having a few pokémon used primarily as pokérus carriers. Infect them and store them in the PC, and don't use them unless you want to infect some other pokémon. Unless you'd rather pokérus be more of a special thing, that is.
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/25/16


Thanks. I don't really get it, but I think I understand the basic concept. Not sure I have the patience to put in the effort of caclulating which pokemon I need to hunt, though. Too hardcore for me haha.


PrinceGrimm wrote:

Also, it goes away after a while if the pokemon isn't in a PC, so spread it as much as possible if you want those EVs. Oh, and pokemon always have the double ev gain, even after the virus passes, if they've had it at any point in time.



munchthis wrote:

its not really for leveling but for ev's which to this day I barely understand. pokerus will fade with time and its very rare to get from wild encounters, if you wanna keep it I suggest that you infect a pokemon you don't really use much and keep it in the pc unless they change that.


Thanks. I spread it to most of the pokemon I have and put them in the box. I have about 20 of them in there. I'm still early game, so I'll have to see how the doubled EV's on all of my pokemon affect my playthrough. Here's hoping for the best.
7668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/25/16

Schmooples wrote:

Granted, I haven't played any pokémon since Diamond and Pearl, but I know it used to be common courtesy for pokémon to have pokérus prior to trading. If you trade a handful of pokémon, chances were very good that you'd end up with the virus running out, when it is really extremely rare to encounter normally. I don't know if it is still so common, though.

But yeah, what everyone else has said about the effect. Really good if you plan to do some EV training. Also, someone kind of touched on this, but I would recommend having a few pokémon used primarily as pokérus carriers. Infect them and store them in the PC, and don't use them unless you want to infect some other pokémon. Unless you'd rather pokérus be more of a special thing, that is. :P


That makes sense. I'm not planning on doing any EV training any time soon, though. It's a little over my head, to be honest. Maybe I'd do it if I got a shiny or something and I wanted to make it as good as possible. I'm planning on keeping a few infected pokemon in my PC. I'd rather have it and never want it than want it and never be able to find it again. I'll probably send some pokerus out in some wonder trades, too. Might as well share what's essentially an unlimited resource.
You must be logged in to post.