First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
The new Ad-blocker message
28602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

maxgale wrote:


lorreen wrote:


maxgale wrote:

Well, it certainly is interesting to remember that when Crunchy decided to make the backlog of shows unavailable to Free Canadian members (that totally isn't a test run for any other market ) Crunchy made the claim that they aren't making enough money from Free users watching ads to provide the service.


So if North American Free members provide such a minuscule revenue stream for Crunchy, why even bother asking them to turn off adblock?


Aaaaand, maybe they aren't making enough money from free users watching ads because too many free users are using ad-block. So this new Ad-block messaging may be an attempt to boost that ad revenue in regions where it can be a workable model, as long as more free users actually watch the ads.




That is a legitimate position, but confirming it would require a level of transparency that Crunchy just isn't known for.



And that's outside those who may have, themselves, legitimate reasons for not directly financially supporting entities which may hold corporate values opposite their personal values, which is a reality that Crunchy has to acknowledge, just as any business must acknowledge, when they make public statements on controversial social issues.


Or just find fault with the thought of a business which began through illegally streaming videos chastising their audience for engaging in perfectly legal methods of watching anime videos.


Just pay the damn $5 bucks you cheapskates.
28602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't mind, the girl is pretty cute. Now why do I use adblock? Simple. CR player sucks compared to say, Hulu. I don't hate Hulu, their player is user friendly as well as buffers quite well for some time. CR has a pretty decent player, but god forbid I need to stop and do something like game or buffer. This is even MORE noticeable with embedding ads in videos, which are the worst when it comes to buffering.


Why not pay and not get any ads?
rodack 
5107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 3/28/16
One thing bothers me about it, it should be disabled for the first episodes or maybe just the first one, otherwise how is Crunchy going to lure those potential customers?, because they won't disable the ad blocker without a good reason and that reason could be the first episode that gets them into a series.

Because the ad itself is weak, people came to see anime, not the see the industry flourishing.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

Steelmonk wrote:

Just pay the damn $5 bucks you cheapskates.

Of course not. These people can't even use the service provided to them FOR FREE without some form of complaint. Derp
2702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

Kavlis wrote:


ComboChrist wrote:

Pay for the fcuking subscription if you don't want to see ads. Some ppl act like 5$ are too much too ask for.

More effective aproach? Notify ppl ONCE when they use adblock and IP-block them when they use it a 2nd time.


5$ for what?
Removing ads and seeing anime faster; or you could just go to any other website to watch it in better quality and without ads.
WOW, sounds like a deal, here's 5$ crunchyroll(being completely facetious).


ಠ_ಠ


People whining about it are too lazy to get a job.
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16
Just pay the $5 you say...$6.95. At least get the price right if you're going to complain about how others use the service. Frankly, I don't see why you care. If CR can't effectively monetize free viewers they'll just end it, and those who don't want to pay will go elsewhere, probably piracy.


Also the suggestion to IP block people who ad block would be ill advised to say the least. Most people don't have static IPs which means someone else on the same ISP could be screwed over cause their modem happened to lease an IP that was previously used by an ad blocker.

Pay for the service if you think it's worth it otherwise carry on.




People whining about it are too lazy to get a job.


Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.


I haven't really bitched about it, only about people bitch about people bitching. Also provided the name of a script to break the anti-Adblock.

Or you could just quit reading the bitching. Herpa derp derp derrrr.

33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16

prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.


Or you could just quit reading the bitching. Herpa derp derp derrrr.

Faulty logic. I will read about any topic that I am interested in. If my bullshit detector goes off, I have no qualms with tellings whiney crybabies that no one could give less of a fuck. Why don't you do something productive with your time, instead of worrying about how I spend mine c: <3
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.


Or you could just quit reading the bitching. Herpa derp derp derrrr.

Faulty logic. I will read about any topic that I am interested in. If my bullshit detector goes off, I have no qualms with tellings whiney crybabies that no one could give less of a fuck. Why don't you do something productive with your time, instead of worrying about how I spend mine c: <3


Oh the irony, it burns.
Faulty how? You suggested a course of action for other people, I suggested rather than trying to control others you simply stop read it. Entirely reasonable. Evidently you do care, at least enough to get wound up by it (your tone is rather vitriolic).

Likewise
10633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 3/28/16
maybe if CR had interesting ads, people would be more willing to turn ad-blocker off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMxUN70grMA
(CR get paid for the ads, and people actually enjoy the ads they see. it's a win-win)

i also remember someone claiming about indecent ads (example: lewd promotional videos of an ecchi anime)
maybe that was fixed....or maybe not. i'm sure some people are off-put by ads that are not exactly family-friendly.
as for me, i have no reason to get a premium membership because

1. i hardly even watch anime anymore
2. many of the series i enjoy is not even offered here (example: Aikatsu, Pretty Rhythm, Precure, etc)
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.


Or you could just quit reading the bitching. Herpa derp derp derrrr.

Faulty logic. I will read about any topic that I am interested in. If my bullshit detector goes off, I have no qualms with tellings whiney crybabies that no one could give less of a fuck. Why don't you do something productive with your time, instead of worrying about how I spend mine c: <3


Oh the irony, it burns.
Faulty how? You suggested a course of action for other people, I suggested rather than trying to control others you simply stop read it.

Likewise
It's funny how you keyboard warriors operate. I actually left that bit of irony in there because I knew that would be your attacking point, and I feel no need to draw this into a long little flamefest that inevitably would result in me getting atemp ban. It's controlling the conversation, derp.

News flash, kid, see that lil purple star by my name? I frequent this site, I like the site and what it has to offer. I don't give a fuck about your view because you don't pay for it. I do, so I can criticise you how I want because it is my money that goes into the service, not yours.

Once again, no one could give a fuck less about your grievances, especially if your money hasn't even gone into the service. Derp.
36954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Minot, ND
Online
Posted 3/28/16
On free sites that I use a lot, I turn off ad blocker. It is the least I can do if I am not going to donate or spend money on the website.

33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/28/16

prh99 wrote:

Evidently you do care, at least enough to get wound up by it (your tone is rather vitriolic).

You don't know me, well, do you?
Posted 3/28/16 , edited 3/28/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:


XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


prh99 wrote:

Yet I pay for cable (Internet), YouTube Red, several Twitch subs, and restarted my Netflix sub two months ago.
Give me something worth paying for and I will.

Or, alternatively, quit bitching about something you don't pay for. Derpity derp.


Or you could just quit reading the bitching. Herpa derp derp derrrr.

Faulty logic. I will read about any topic that I am interested in. If my bullshit detector goes off, I have no qualms with tellings whiney crybabies that no one could give less of a fuck. Why don't you do something productive with your time, instead of worrying about how I spend mine c: <3


Oh the irony, it burns.
Faulty how? You suggested a course of action for other people, I suggested rather than trying to control others you simply stop read it.

Likewise
It's funny how you keyboard warriors operate. I actually left that bit of irony in there because I knew that would be your attacking point, and I feel no need to draw this into a long little flamefest that inevitably would result in me getting atemp ban. It's controlling the conversation, derp.

News flash, kid, see that lil purple star by my name? I frequent this site, I like the site and what it has to offer. I don't give a fuck about your view because you don't pay for it. I do, so I can criticise you how I want because it is my money that goes into the service, not yours.

Once again, no one could give a fuck less about your grievances, especially if your money hasn't even gone into the service. Derp.


I am sure you did *wink

Kid, ha ha.

Then it's clear we have nothing to say to each other.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.