First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Vic Mignogna tells off protesters
Posted 3/29/16
^That. It was a good PR move, though. "Not all Christians are like that" and all that. And it was a loved anime VA.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
Listen without watching.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16
lol he looks a bit like the character he have been voice acting... but cool thanks for the video! XP
Taking matters into his own hands, take my hand and lets change things!

Zetsuen No Tempest AMV
https://youtu.be/XbeIKGGyibo

and lets be somebody
Anime Mix - Be Somebody AMV
https://youtu.be/-nY0hvNOR_U
41649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
Nice to see a Christian telling off Christian extremist idiocy in general, I don't even care if it's Vic or not.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
Good for him!

Why were there protestors at this con anyway? I can see if it was the WBC, because they're trolls, but two folks protesting anime is a waste of time anyway.

Anyway, this gives me a little respect for Vic, since I know he's religious. THIS IS THE KIND OF CHRISTIAN I CAN BE FRIENDS WITH!
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

Nogara-san wrote:
Why were there protestors at this con anyway? I can see if it was the WBC, because they're trolls, but two folks protesting anime is a waste of time anyway.


Didn't really seem to be any particular specific issue, just seemed to be the "photo-op" protest opportunity, now that there was some actual convention in NC.
Sort of like the angry version of the nuts who hold up John 3:15 at football games, hoping they'll get on camera.

They SORT of tied it in to cosplayers making anime look pervy, but....that's kind of a reach, seeing as there hasn't been any actual movement I've heard of for them to coattail on.
I dunno, anyone who was there, was there some "Good witch character" objections, or.....(shrug?)
11711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
i stopped caring when they kept talking on top of each other
Posted 3/29/16
Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.
16413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

quincristine wrote:

Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.


You think it was scripted?
Posted 3/29/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:

Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.


You think it was scripted?


No but well it seemed too perfect like it was if you know what I mean?
16413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

quincristine wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:

Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.


You think it was scripted?


No but well it seemed too perfect like it was if you know what I mean?


I know this guy. This isn't staged. People talking over each other like that and interrupting each other isn't really something you can stage. This is just the type of guy Vic is.
Posted 3/29/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:

Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.


You think it was scripted?


No but well it seemed too perfect like it was if you know what I mean?


I know this guy. This isn't staged. People talking over each other like that and interrupting each other isn't really something you can stage. This is just the type of guy Vic is.


To be honest, anything can be acted out and performed (although I don't know why anyone would go through that much effort but its possible. )Okay, I don't really know him so I'll take your word for it, my apologies.
16413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

quincristine wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:


quincristine wrote:

Seemed too perfect but oh well. I suppose it was well done.


You think it was scripted?


No but well it seemed too perfect like it was if you know what I mean?


I know this guy. This isn't staged. People talking over each other like that and interrupting each other isn't really something you can stage. This is just the type of guy Vic is.


To be honest, anything can be acted out and performed (although I don't know why anyone would go through that much effort but its possible. )Okay, I don't really know him so I'll take your word for it, my apologies.


Don't worry 'bout it. ain't no thang.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
I wish I knew the context. Were they actually protesting something, or were they just street evangelists who were trying to draw attention to themselves?
3606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Chicagoland ~
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
I can't stand that guy for a multitude of reasons, but it's good to know that he's fighting some kind of good fight at least.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.