First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Your opinion on Kotaku
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Mate I'd rather read an honest piece then someone pretending they don't have an opinion. It is quite possible to present facts while still being a ya know a human being.


Really? So you rather listen to Fox News than Reuters right?

Journalists uncover stories, bloggers write impressions. They're bloggers - they've done nothing noteworthy in the name of journalism for years and have relied on click bait and puff pieces normally reserved for tumblr.

Why you think I would even care what you like though is beyond me
Vertii 
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Padded Cell
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16
Kotaku is so credible that I blocked the word/links from ever appearing in my browser alongside buzzfeed and tumblr. I just happened to be using a different browser when I saw this post. Kotaku will ban you just for having an opinion that they don't agree with in their comments section even if it breaks no rules. It's almost as if the cancer known as gawker owns them... oh wait, they do.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

zinjashike wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


maxgale wrote:

Calling bloggers "journalists" in [CURRENT YEAR]



>Calling journalists "bloggers" because they disagree with you


They write opinions, at best editorial pieces. Journalism actually involves a story and doing one's best to report it in a factual manner leaving as many biases at the door as possible.

Bloggers write opinions and editorial-esque garbage - they're bloggers.


You obviously have not read much of there content.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

megahobbit wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


maxgale wrote:

Calling bloggers "journalists" in [CURRENT YEAR]



>Calling journalists "bloggers" because they disagree with you


They write opinions, at best editorial pieces. Journalism actually involves a story and doing one's best to report it in a factual manner leaving as many biases at the door as possible.

Bloggers write opinions and editorial-esque garbage - they're bloggers.


You obviously have not read much of there content.


I have unfortunately. Pandering, conflict of interest, opinion pieces, and clickbait make up the majority of their content.

If they were a real journalistic outlet, they would have broken a noteworthy story on our (gaming) medium in an ethical fashion. What exclusives did they break last year in an ethical manner (not breaking NDA, etc)? Which news story could they be a primary source on in which they do not have a conflict of interest?
Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
i thought this was about the kotatsu
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
Absolute trash
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St Helens, England
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

megahobbit wrote:


Freddy96NO wrote:


megahobbit wrote:
Hey man least its not Buzzfeed. But I bet you get your news from such upstanding sites as the Daily Mail and Brietbart. You know tabloids
For the record I dislike Gawker alot.
all of those sites seems meeh 1/2 with some decent content while 1/2 is all kind they can find.
While Buzzfeed the worst?



Buzzfeeds content is all trash. Seriously it is the bane of journalism.


Bane?
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

Donwel wrote:


Bane?


>Your a big guy
651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / F / Harare
Offline
Posted 3/29/16
Well they are not exactly 100% credible, but if one doublechecks and uses other sources, kotaku is actually quite usefull.

Just don't treat them as gospel - same goes for, say, any reddit.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

zinjashike wrote:

I have unfortunately. Pandering, conflict of interest, opinion pieces, and clickbait make up the majority of their content.

If they were a real journalistic outlet, they would have broken a noteworthy story on our (gaming) medium in an ethical fashion. What exclusives did they break last year in an ethical manner (not breaking NDA, etc)? Which news story could they be a primary source on in which they do not have a conflict of interest?


Well I guess I would disagree with your view of their writing. Im not really a Kotaku fan overall ironically. Like I said most of there content is meaningless junk with the occasional diamond in the rough.
7549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 3/29/16

maxgale wrote:

Calling bloggers "journalists" in [CURRENT YEAR]



It's not really a stretch. Bloggers can at times be superior to journalists on certain topics.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 3/29/16

megahobbit wrote:


zinjashike wrote:

I have unfortunately. Pandering, conflict of interest, opinion pieces, and clickbait make up the majority of their content.

If they were a real journalistic outlet, they would have broken a noteworthy story on our (gaming) medium in an ethical fashion. What exclusives did they break last year in an ethical manner (not breaking NDA, etc)? Which news story could they be a primary source on in which they do not have a conflict of interest?


Well I guess I would disagree with your view of their writing. Im not really a Kotaku fan overall ironically. Like I said most of there content is meaningless junk with the occasional diamond in the rough.


You can like content bloggers make - see, the difference is just recognizing what they are. My problem is that it's blogging masquerading as journalism in much the way "sponsored content" does.

Also, it's "their writing". You've consistently kept using there which bugs me.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

zinjashike wrote:


You can like content bloggers make - see, the difference is just recognizing what they are. My problem is that it's blogging masquerading as journalism in much the way "sponsored content" does.

Also, it's "their writing". You've consistently kept using there which bugs me.


Chill fam anyone can tell from the context what I meant. You guys would not have survived in the latin speaking world.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 3/29/16

megahobbit wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


You can like content bloggers make - see, the difference is just recognizing what they are. My problem is that it's blogging masquerading as journalism in much the way "sponsored content" does.

Also, it's "their writing". You've consistently kept using there which bugs me.


Chill fam anyone can tell from the context what I meant. You guys would not have survived in the latin speaking world.


I don't see how correcting you requires such an overreaction? You use "there" in almost every thread you post in. Get an education or something as it really undermines your "points".
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/29/16 , edited 3/29/16

zinjashike wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


You can like content bloggers make - see, the difference is just recognizing what they are. My problem is that it's blogging masquerading as journalism in much the way "sponsored content" does.

Also, it's "their writing". You've consistently kept using there which bugs me.


Chill fam anyone can tell from the context what I meant. You guys would not have survived in the latin speaking world.


I don't see how correcting you requires such an overreaction? You use "there" in almost every thread you post in. Get an education or something as it really undermines your "points".


I dont see how what I did was an overreaction. I made slight quip. If you meant the "survived in a latin speaking world" it was a joke to how latin is a context based language.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.