First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What's the weirdest/most unusual thing you've eaten or drank?
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16
Rancid apple cider vinegar. I was testing it, to find out if the vinegar turned out right. Needless to say, it didn't.
7878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 5/8/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Rancid apple cider vinegar. I was testing it, to find out if the vinegar turned out right. Needless to say, it didn't.


How does ACV become rancid?
715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
Magic mushrooms, it certainly doesn't get weirder than this
48485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
Rattle snake and bull testicles.
Posted 5/8/16
A cup of my own blood. Kids. The things we do. (sigh)
15064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Online
Posted 5/8/16
Easily balut. For those of you who do not know, balut is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck or chicken) that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It tasted like a hard boiled egg. Add a little sri racha and it's fine
7878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 5/8/16

camay1997 wrote:

Easily balut. For those of you who do not know, balut is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck or chicken) that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It tasted like a hard boiled egg. Add a little sri racha and it's fine


I cried when I watched my cousin eat balut I thought he killed the chick with his own hands, and made me watch him tear that thing apart. Quite traumatizing when you're a 6-year-old. What does it even taste like?
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 5/8/16

1stladyent wrote:


aeb0717 wrote:

Rancid apple cider vinegar. I was testing it, to find out if the vinegar turned out right. Needless to say, it didn't.


How does ACV become rancid?


I let the apples ferment for too long. I tried making it from scratch, which is tricky. The apples must fermented within a certain temperature range, stored in a certain way, and for a certain amount of time before needing to be drained. Screwing up results in the vinegar "mother" not forming, the "mother" dying, insect infestation, the wrong bacteria and growths festering, and/or it being too rotten for consumption. There isn't much room for mishaps.
Posted 5/8/16
does it have to be an actual food? if not, the weirdest thing i've eaten recently (about 3 days ago) was styrofoam (it was some sort of joke, then i refused to spit it out). the weirdest thing i've eaten so far is... i don't know... i guess kinetic sand mixed with raw egg is the weirdest one i remember. just to gross my classmates out in elementary school
Posted 5/8/16
Well, I eat balut and century egg...
15064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Online
Posted 5/8/16

1stladyent wrote:


camay1997 wrote:

Easily balut. For those of you who do not know, balut is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck or chicken) that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It tasted like a hard boiled egg. Add a little sri racha and it's fine


I cried when I watched my cousin eat balut I thought he killed the chick with his own hands, and made me watch him tear that thing apart. Quite traumatizing when you're a 6-year-old. What does it even taste like?


tastes like a boiled chicken egg, though the beak and bones are "crunchy"
151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
Sheephead! With the eye and everything
6127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
Ostrich, camel, salt water crocodile, kangaroo. I passed on the sushi roll with a splayed baby cuttlefish, the head was still attached.
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
I once ate a gas station hot dog that fell on the floor 5 second rule.
12317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Italy for a year
Offline
Posted 5/8/16
some grasshoppers with soya sauce
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.